My New ANH Sandtrooper Display

Post your favourite costuming pictures here !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

atx2
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:14 am

Re: My New ANH Sandtrooper Display

Post by atx2 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:38 am

TD 6325 wrote:Hey all,

Over the weekend, I decided that I needed a shorter mannequin to wear my retired Sandtrooper armor and well, I went out and bought another. Female this time, and damm close to my height [yes, I'm short!. :)

Her name's Jesse and here she is, in one of my fav poses.

ImageImage

Pete [the original 7ft tall mannequin] will now be the basis of my Predator Display. :) All my armor and nowhere to put it... :D

Enjoy and Happy New Year!

Stay safe,

Tim.
Woooow :shock: :shock: very nice where did you get this from & how much it cost for the whole setup?

TD 6325
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:05 am
Location: East Coast, Singapore

Re: My New ANH Sandtrooper Display

Post by TD 6325 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:49 am

atx2 wrote: Woooow :shock: :shock: very nice where did you get this from & how much it cost for the whole setup?
It cost alot. ;)
BH6325, The Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter
"He's No Good To Me Dead."
Image

atx2
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:14 am

Re: My New ANH Sandtrooper Display

Post by atx2 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:10 am

TD 6325 wrote:
atx2 wrote: Woooow :shock: :shock: very nice where did you get this from & how much it cost for the whole setup?
It cost alot. ;)
Tell me lay, how much?

User avatar
erase
moderator
Posts: 1816
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 2:04 pm
Location: Hougang Ave 1
Contact:

Re: My New ANH Sandtrooper Display

Post by erase » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:24 am

How much it cost? How much you have to spend on this? Are you a working class or still a student? :wink:
atx2 wrote: Tell me lay, how much?
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Image
Let me see your identification...

User avatar
yen
Posts: 482
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 5:56 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: My New ANH Sandtrooper Display

Post by yen » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:40 am

atx2 wrote:
TD 6325 wrote:
atx2 wrote: Woooow :shock: :shock: very nice where did you get this from & how much it cost for the whole setup?
It cost alot. ;)
Tell me lay, how much?
Understand your enthusiasm. I'm sure you'll get all the help here but first of all maybe you would like to tell us more about yourself no?

atx2
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:14 am

Re: My New ANH Sandtrooper Display

Post by atx2 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:04 pm

yen wrote:
atx2 wrote:
TD 6325 wrote: It cost alot. ;)
Tell me lay, how much?
Understand your enthusiasm. I'm sure you'll get all the help here but first of all maybe you would like to tell us more about yourself no?
Ok
• i'm 40 now
• working class
• a product designer
• hobby- diecast car & i'm also Audiophile
• used to be a SW toy collector in the 80's-90's
(to bad all sold... if not i'm very rich by now)
• got to know this "Costuming" from Straits Time few weeks back
• just hope i'm not too old to become one trooper :wink:

Haldir
Posts: 2442
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 10:54 am
Location: Pisces Temple
Contact:

Post by Haldir » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:51 pm

Nah, no one it too old for Star Wars.....unless you are doing Lil' Ani or Jedi Younglings :shock:

Most of us got into it in our very late teen or after we start working (and have wife, kids, house, car etc etc :lol: ).

User avatar
mosske
Posts: 3407
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:16 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: My New ANH Sandtrooper Display

Post by mosske » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:34 am

atx2 wrote: Ok
• i'm 40 now
• working class
• a product designer
• hobby- diecast car & i'm also Audiophile
• used to be a SW toy collector in the 80's-90's
(to bad all sold... if not i'm very rich by now)
• got to know this "Costuming" from Straits Time few weeks back
• just hope i'm not too old to become one trooper :wink:
Hi atx2. Sorry, I just came across this thread by chance. The guys were asking your age and if you were working because we have a lot of SW fans here who are still students and thus find it difficult to cough up the dough to own a movie accurate suit.

I'll say if you're serious, set aside approx $2.5k for a complate sandtrooper suit. Manniquins vary in cost, so hard to say. If you want a fully poseable one, they sell the life-size art dummies at Art Friend - those go for about $500-$600 I think...but thats high end. Everything poseable, including fingers!

If you're keen to get started, you can contact either myself, Paul or Tim from the 501st Legion and we could help you source whatever you need.

Cheers.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Costumers' Gallery”