WHAT IF?????

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

Gandalf Fett

WHAT IF?????

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:28 pm

I was just thinking to myself.

What if Episode III was broken down into Episodes I and half of Episode II instead of what it is today. The basis of the present Episodes I and II will form the background story for Episode III and will be told to the audience as exposition from time to time. This will also help to build up the characters.

A couple of things I would have changed which would probably help to sort out some inconsistencies, that I personally cannot get my mind over, and also to build up the prequel as a saga too, would be first, I will have Jango Fett be the leader of the Clone Army which would be the army of the Separatist who is led by Darth Sidious / Palpatine in a like vein. In the shadows. Count Dooku and General Grievious would be his right and left hand. Count Dooku will only show up in the beginning where Anakin killed Dooku and Sidious took Maul as his apprentice thereafter. Then Maul can be the new Vader as the villain for Episodes I to III.

Anakin would be a Padawan to Qui-Gon Ginn in the beginning of the movie and Obi-Wan would be Jedi Knight to Yoda’s Master at the same time. The initial space battle would be where Obi-Wan and Anakin meets for the first time (When I met your father, he was the best star fighter pilot in the Galaxy and a cunning warrior). Anakin would demonstrate his cunningness when he confronts Grevious and saves Palpatine at the beginning of the movie.

Then slowly across the next two movies we slowly see him turn to the dark side.

Just some initial thoughts on it. What do you all think?
Warning - viewer discretion advised

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:07 pm

Gandalf, that is extremely well thought out . I felt that a lot of Episodes I and II could have been dispensed with , and that the story could have been tightened up a lot. I like the plot that you came up with, and the subtle changes in the use of the different characters.

I absolutely agree with you that Darth Maul, such a great villain , was severely underused , having been dispensed with so quickly in EP I.

Hmmmm, maybe you could do a Fan Edit of the prequels ! :wink:

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:30 pm

Man! It's quiet in here huh!
Warning - viewer discretion advised

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:48 pm

Just like it was on our old sg_starwars list . :roll: LOL

I'd like to think that everyone is lying low , conserving their energy, waiting for the Star Wars Exhibition , at which time will see this forum become a wretched hive of scum and villainy , bustling with energy and lively discussion .

Then again , maybe not. LOL :lol:

Return to “Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith”