First Starwars.sg Publicity Roadshow

Keeping in touch with fellow Star Wars and SciFi Fans !

Moderators: hbng, danchia

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Sat May 20, 2006 2:33 pm

I'm still crossing my fingers to be released from my exercise early... If that happens, I'll be suited up by 12 noon...
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

donleow

Post by donleow » Sat May 20, 2006 2:55 pm

okie here is the latest update

da total of 4 core starwars.sg mod will be there before 9am to setup stall....

can i get the buyin by costumers on the time available for suitup and also pls get back to me if u agree on it...

costumer dressup

ivan - snowtrooper - 9am- 11am

dan wang - rebel fleet trooper - 9- 11am

Dan can u be minder to ivan then...both of u partner to stroll around the area... and distribute flyers with 5 mins of break every 30mins interval

Mending the stall
Awee , me and Hakbeng(TBC) to mend the stall upon setup...

Prior to that i will need to suit up ivan so hakbeng or Awee need to standin

As for the stall, all of u shld be able to see us by then just come up to second floor beside 02-09 will do.. our table is No 4...shld be visible

PS:
Jacen are u coming early in the morning...if so i suggest u come in the either noon or the same time as desmond so we can have rotation of minding the costumers if more are to dress up...

any other queries pls raise it here

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Sat May 20, 2006 3:16 pm

I don't think I can come that early tho' can stay whole day. ;) Think earlist I'll arrive is 11am as coming from Chinatown MRT Station.

Anyway, is there a place I can put my BIG Armor Box cause I'll be in my TIE Fighter Pilot?

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Sat May 20, 2006 3:18 pm

donleow wrote:Mending the stall
I think the stall we getting is in good condition... Nothing broken... Hee hee...
Haldir wrote:Anyway, is there a place I can put my BIG Armor Box cause I'll be in my TIE Fighter Pilot?
The containers will be placed under our tables, hidden by the table cloth...
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Sat May 20, 2006 3:59 pm

CSC opens before 9am? Ok, I'll come as early as possible then. But will there be any crowd at 9am?... :?

Don, you won't be in costume?

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Sat May 20, 2006 4:05 pm

For those who are driving to CSC before 1 pm... Do avoid Nicoll Highway & Rochor, because of the Big Walk... CTE, exit Havelock, & ECP, exit Prince Edward Rd, are recommended...
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

donleow

Post by donleow » Sat May 20, 2006 5:36 pm

renzaijh wrote:CSC opens before 9am? Ok, I'll come as early as possible then. But will there be any crowd at 9am?... :?

Don, you won't be in costume?
]

ya we will be there before 9am....as for the costuming let;s see how the crowd goes...cos no point trooping around when the crowd isnt large...

ya Dan i will not be in costume...but ivan will be....i will however be happy to take pics for u folks and mending the stall too

Awwee

Post by Awwee » Sat May 20, 2006 7:24 pm

Haldir wrote:I don't think I can come that early tho' can stay whole day. ;) Think earlist I'll arrive is 11am as coming from Chinatown MRT Station.

Anyway, is there a place I can put my BIG Armor Box cause I'll be in my TIE Fighter Pilot?
BIG box?? You onli got two armour plate leh... hee hee.... wat else you put inside??

Don.. sure.. no problem.. I will dress up rd 11am to 2pm.... :twisted:
MEPD Police Officer
DS-809 Vampire 4 Omegawing
TI/TK/TD-9809 501st Singapore Garrison
Time the Dirty Boyz play....

Jedi_slayer

Post by Jedi_slayer » Sat May 20, 2006 11:27 pm

donleow wrote:can i get the buyin by costumers on the time available for suitup and also pls get back to me if u agree on it...

costumer dressup

ivan - snowtrooper - 9am- 11am

dan wang - rebel fleet trooper - 9- 11am

Dan can u be minder to ivan then...both of u partner to stroll around the area... and distribute flyers with 5 mins of break every 30mins interval

Mending the stall
I will reach around 9am plus ahead of my family and can help out on any way you are short. Look forward to see you guys again...
Star wars is a used Universe!

donleow

Post by donleow » Sun May 21, 2006 7:38 am

to all now message from don

. ..this is my contact no 97870067 incase u came here and couldnt find us...we are beside #02-09 at CSC....with a starwars.sg banner...

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Mon May 22, 2006 12:12 am

To EVERYONE of you who made today's FIRST starwars.sg Roadshow such a resounding success , a BIG THANK YOU TO YOU ALL !

On a personal note, I want to thank you all deeply and from the bottom of my heart , for helping me with the Charity Sales in aid of the Bethany Children's Orphanage . Because of your generous support , from the Star Wars costumers, to those who helped out with the store, to those of you who donated items for sale, to those of you who bought stuff, to those of you who donated money outright, to those of you who just made and appearance in support ..... I cannot thank you enough . The $483 that were collected in total will be given 100% to the Orphanage , and I tell you this, it will go a long way in helping to feed, clothe and educate these 70 odd children who have lost their parents .

Thank you , my dear friends. :)

Don't miss our feature article on the event at :

http://www.starwars.sg/index.php?option ... 7&Itemid=2

Don't miss the last picture right at the end of the article .... it's truly my favourite picture of the day ! :D

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Mon May 22, 2006 1:01 am

it was great!

wonderful!
nice seeing you guys.
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Mon May 22, 2006 1:05 am

The next charity sale is right after my common tests. I'll be there to support (maybe help) i promise! Along with whatever star wars items i can find that i am willing to give to a better cause. Plus, i'll see if i got time to make any insane customs to be sold too. If any of you have loose figures that you want to use to contribute, maybe you can PM me and i see what i can make out of them if possible :)

For example, 1 Saga Tie fighter pilot + 1 ROTS Bail Organa = Baron Soontir Fel. :lol:
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

donleow

Post by donleow » Mon May 22, 2006 9:00 am

I will like to personally thanks to all costumers/ support personals who have came down to support the event...additionally, special thanks to jedi slayers and his family who too have been through a full day of parading and drawing the crowds for the stall....this is really good team work and hope to see all of you and more support from other members in the next round of event on 11th June...

PS: will need to bring chairs this time....lol

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Mon May 22, 2006 9:31 am

Can an analysis of the event be done?

e.g.

1) What kind of items sell well? This will give info what to contribute.
2) What time is most crowded? Info on when we should have the most people around and when is the best time to take a break
3) Did anyone observe what kind of effect the charity store is having on the other stores? since in a way their business is being taken away
4) Items of which price range is most saleable?

etc.
Find, fix, finish

Return to “Gatherings and Events”