A Conversation with Kerrie Dougherty, Star Wars author

The mega event that came to our sunny island !

Moderators: erase, danchia

danchia
Site Admin

A Conversation with Kerrie Dougherty, Star Wars author

Post by danchia » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:39 pm

Don't miss it !!! Only one session on Friday 27th January 2006, 7pm

Event : A Conversation with Kerrie Dougherty , author of the Revenge of the Sith section of THE COMPLETE LOCATIONS OF STAR WARS , and curator of the Magic of Myth Star Wars Exhibition in Australia

When : Friday 27th January 2006 at 7 pm

Where : Newton Room at Singapore Science Centre

What : Don't miss this grand opportunity to speak to Kerrie Dougherty and to glean from her experience as curator of a world class Star Wars exhibition, and writer of a published Star Wars book. She will share interesting insights about Star Wars and about her lifelong passion as a Star Wars fan since 1977. Don't forget to bring along your copy of The Complete Locations of Star Wars for her to autograph and personalise it for you !

Admission : Admission to this event is FREE

REGISTER NOW- click here

For more information, click here.

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:29 pm

I am attending of course.

donleow

Post by donleow » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:17 am

is there any plan for costuming for this event...

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:20 am

donleow wrote:is there any plan for costuming for this event...
Is there a plan for SSC to pay the costumers? :roll:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

donleow

Post by donleow » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:36 am

no comment on this my friend

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:48 am

GetzJedi wrote:
Based on what I know about how government agencies work, I doubt it. Even if someone is willing to write a paper to justify the costs of paying costumers, I doubt approval will be given. This is because government agencies are cutting costs and cutting staff. Also if the public ever gets wind of it, there would be no doubts that there would be complaints and statements that public money can be better used. Not many people appreciate costumers.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:33 am

lhs1701 wrote:
GetzJedi wrote:
Based on what I know about how government agencies work, I doubt it. Even if someone is willing to write a paper to justify the costs of paying costumers, I doubt approval will be given. This is because government agencies are cutting costs and cutting staff. Also if the public ever gets wind of it, there would be no doubts that there would be complaints and statements that public money can be better used. Not many people appreciate costumers.

Sigh. How true . Not fair, but that's the way things are .

Not even our guest speaker is being paid .... nor anyone else helping to organise the event, for that matter ....

I guess we do it out of passion for Star Wars, and not for any other reason.

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:37 pm

danchia wrote:Sigh. How true . Not fair, but that's the way things are .

Not even our guest speaker is being paid .... nor anyone else helping to organise the event, for that matter ....

I guess we do it out of passion for Star Wars, and not for any other reason.
That's true... But from a costumer point of view, with each appearance, my costume gets a little more wear and tear... Transporting it to and fro and washing it thereafter also no joke... At least, give us a few roadside banners la... :lol:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:20 am

Kerrie Dougherty arrives THIS evening, Wednesday 25th January !

A Conversation with Kerrie Dougherty
is on in two days, THIS friday !

Don't miss it ! Who is going ? :D

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:12 am

Shall be there......

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:32 am

Haldir wrote:Shall be there......

GREAT ! See you there !

Kerrie Dougherty ( pronounced dough - er - tee ) arrived last night . I had an extremely interesting chat with her as I drove her from the airport to her hotel . Especially interesting was how she was picked to write the Revenge of the Sith section of The Complete Locations of Star Wars , and the process that went into the writing of the book.

It's going to be an extremely interesting conversation with Kerrie tomorrow evening, and I would urge all Star Wars fans not to miss this opportunity to meet and talk to Kerrie tomorrow . It's fascinating to catch a behind the scenes glimpse as to how much input Lucasfilm has ( or does not have ;) ) in the creation of the expanded Star Wars Universe. Fascinating stuff indeed. Come with all your questions !

By the way, I have 4 extra copies of The Complete Locations of Star Wars which I will bring, in case anyone of you have not managed to find your own copy. Let me know in advance if you need me to reserve a book for you. You can get Kerrie to autograph and personalise it for you at the event .

Oh and if you have not already signed up for the event, it's ok, just come along anyway if you can.

Proceed to the VISITOR CENTRE of the main Singapore Science Centre entrance ( near the MacDonalds and the Waterplay area ) by 6.45 pm . You'll be ushered to the NEWTON ROOM for the lecture.

Entry to this lecture is FREE, so no need to buy a ticket to the exhibition UNLESS you want the collectible COIN, ;) for that, you need to purchase an adult ticket to the exhibition .

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:51 am

Hi

I like to thank Kerrie here for sharing her insights and anecdotes about her experiences in preparing the book and other related issues.

I am sure all agreed we find her presentation entertaining and revealing.

I like to thank Danchia and his crew for making this possible.

Happy New Year to all.
:D

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:12 am

lhs1701 wrote:Hi

I like to thank Kerrie here for sharing her insights and anecdotes about her experiences in preparing the book and other related issues.

I am sure all agreed we find her presentation entertaining and revealing.

I like to thank Danchia and his crew for making this possible.

Happy New Year to all.
:D
Not many people turned up, because of the Chinese New Year preparations, but those who did had an amazing time ! We're all still recovering from a great event followed by a wonderful supper with Kerrie where she continued to regale us with great anecdotes from her long association with Star Wars.

We are going to get the feature story plus pictures out to you all very soon ! Keep it with us....

donleow

Post by donleow » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:48 am

I totally agree with dan for the fact that despite is a smaller group of audience...the interaction was just superb...and kerrie just amazed us with her wealth of information understanding and commitment to work on both the book and exhibitions in Australia...

Last but not least...it really change my perception towards authoring books for lucas and for starwars...

Dan again thks for organizing such a wonderful event for us...

Happy chinese new year to everyone...

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:26 pm

It was a very engaging event with many interesting tidbits shared by Kerrie :)

My dream now is to one day get myself into the Star Wars universe... how about a new race called Draleno? Nedoral? or a character named Eldoran Icah? 8)

Return to “Star Wars Exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre”