why the jedi ghost is of young anakin?

Moderators: erase, donleow

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:18 pm

Qui-Gon only appeared before Yoda when he was on Coruscant and to Obi-Wan when he made contact with Qui-Gon on Tatooine. Thereafter, Qui-Gon had a falling out with Obi-Wan when Obi-Wan told Qui-Gon:

"I told you the boy was dangerous but you didn't believe me."

"Obi-Wan, you are really starting to get annoying in your old age."

"Heck, the entire Jedi council didn't trust him and yet you chose to be his master over me!"

"OH! Is this what this is all about? Jealousy? Have you been harboring feeings of rejection all these years? Well, I'll have you know that but for Yoda, I would never have taken you as my Padawan."

"WHAT? YOU SAID THAT I WAS READY FOR THE TRIALS! YOU SAID THAT I AM IN MANY WAYS WISER THAN YOU EVER WERE AND THAT I WILL BE A GREAT JEDI!!!"

"Search your feelings Obi-Wan, you know it to be true!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That's impossible!!!!"

"poor fool, only now do you realise...."

"I hates you!.... Go away....."

"What did you say?"

"GO AWAY!!! AND NEVER COME BACK!!!!!"

"......"

"Qui-Gon?.... Qui-Gon?"

Since then, Qui-Gon decided not to be in the same company as Obi-Wan again hence his absence from ROTJ.
Warning - viewer discretion advised

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:33 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:Since then, Qui-Gon decided not to be in the same company as Obi-Wan again hence his absence from ROTJ.
that and perhaps Liam Neeson's appearance fees? :lol:

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:53 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:
"I hates you!.... Go away....."

"What did you say?"

"GO AWAY!!! AND NEVER COME BACK!!!!!"

"......"
:shock:

Those words ..... so familiar and yet ......

HEY ! Wrong galaxy .... wrong time .... wrong trilogy even . :wink:

LOL

The scary thing was that as I read the dialogue, the voices changed from those of Liam Neeson and Ewan Mcgregor, to Andy Serkis's voice !

Good job writing this " lost scene ", gandalf ! :D

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:09 pm

heh heh heh - I kinda like what I did above a lot....

JediKnight13

Post by JediKnight13 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:04 pm

Well there is a threoy why Anakin appeard as a spirit: it is said that Anakin is the chosen one so that is why he did not have to train to attain the skill and that is why he appeard as a spirit :D :D :D

freefly

Post by freefly » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:45 am

actually it's not a theory :|

freefly

Post by freefly » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:19 am

here's an official explaination
the official site wrote:Having saved his son's life, and reclaimed his soul from the dark side, Anakin died and became one with the Force. As he shed his corporeal form, he found the spectral forms of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda ready for his return. Through compassion and selflessness, Anakin discovered the secret knowledge of the Shaman of the Whills, a technique that allowed him to retain his identity in the netherworld of the Force.
Release the Good!

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:46 am

freefly wrote:here's an official explaination
the official site wrote:Having saved his son's life, and reclaimed his soul from the dark side, Anakin died and became one with the Force. As he shed his corporeal form, he found the spectral forms of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Yoda ready for his return. Through compassion and selflessness, Anakin discovered the secret knowledge of the Shaman of the Whills, a technique that allowed him to retain his identity in the netherworld of the Force.
He carried on being good from where he stopped (as in episode 3) . Quite a sensible reason.
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:46 pm

actually i almost burst my laughter when young Anakin face appear ... right in front of Luke Skywalker ...

Luke: r u sure u r my dad? ... u look so young? ... like my brother ... :lol:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:03 pm

Dr EMH wrote:actually i almost burst my laughter when young Anakin face appear ... right in front of Luke Skywalker ...

Luke: r u sure u r my dad? ... u look so young? ... like my brother ... :lol:
yea i was wondering that too. Can't they ask anakin to makeup become more ol' a bit?

freefly

Post by freefly » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:16 pm

LOL. luke used his feelings of course. :lol: anyway spirits don't age so it's alright that anakin looks young since his 'death' in ROTS. note the inverted commas
Release the Good!

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:20 pm

have you read the so-called Vader's "blog"?

well, the author writes in such a way that Jinn actually makes contact with Vader, advising him what to do.

cometh the hour, cometh the man.

and Vader did the right thing.

I was wondering, why didnt the spirit of Jinn appear?

i think it is because Luke doesn't know who he was.

Kenobi and Jinn! my favourite Jedi
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

JediJean

Post by JediJean » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:25 pm

Apart from selflessness and compassion, Yoda, Obi-wan and Anakin all died willingly... it's like they had surrendered their lives willingly and chose to go to the other side... Qui-Gon did not die that way, he was murdered, killed by Darth Maul... and all the other Jedi were also executed quite against their will via Order 66. That's why at the end of ROTJ, we only see Yoda, Obi-wan and Anakin... as for why Anakin was young and not old, I read somewhere that Lucas changed it because he felt that audiences could relate better to the younger Anakin, esp after he had appeared in 3 movies, whereas the older Anakin only appears in ROTJ.
________
Gift cards
Last edited by JediJean on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:59 am

e3lipse wrote:He carried on being good from where he stopped (as in episode 3) . Quite a sensible reason.
But Luke sensed the good that was still left in him - so Vader never stopped being good - it's just that he let his bad side overwhelm his good side until the final showdown that allow his good side to take over again. There was constantly a conflict of good and bad in Vader (as Luke sensed) and why the Emperor wanted the son of Skywalker destroyed. Remember - the view that Vader destroyed and killed Anakin thereby removing all the good that was in Anakin was simply Obi-Wan's point of view - and a certain point of view at that.

freefly

Post by freefly » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:10 am

Gandalf Fett wrote:But Luke sensed the good that was still left in him - so Vader never stopped being good - it's just that he let his bad side overwhelm his good side until the final showdown that allow his good side to take over again.

I agree. Anakin never stopped being the Chosen One even when he'd turned into Darth Vader. Both Padme & Luke believed there's still good in him and they were proven right at the climax of ROTJ.
Release the Good!

Return to “Star Wars Episode 6 : Return of the Jedi”