Star Wars Fans Collectibles Exchange Bazaar

The mega event that came to our sunny island !

Moderators: erase, danchia

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:00 am

I wonder if my booking is confirmed... if not , i'm going to do other things already... Daniel, maybe should post some news on sgcollect. There's quite a traffic there. :)
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:50 pm

Just an update ..... 6 tables have already been taken up , and there is room for just only 4 more tables, possibly 6 more max if we squeeze .

Fans are allowed to display, barter, trade, sell, and erm, just anything they want to do with their Star Wars stuff at the Bazaar .

What we hope is to get Star Wars fans together in a big group to discuss their collectibles, to trade and sell , and basically just to enjoy the event.

It's not just about selling stuff ( you can do that at China Square ) , but this is the first event in Singapore where we want fans to gather together and to enjoy your toys and collectibles together !

So how about it ? If you have not signed up for a table yet , it's only $10 per table for two days, and it's going to be an enjoyable weekend for fans and newbies alike !

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:42 am

Any possibility getting 2 tables per person and a storage area for the night? If I'm gonna share my collection, I need lotsa space for my SW trading card albums... :shock:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:44 am

GetzJedi wrote:Any possibility getting 2 tables per person and a storage area for the night? If I'm gonna share my collection, I need lotsa space for my SW trading card albums... :shock:
Hi des, yes we can store on Sat, she replied to me already. If you want, i'll forward the email to you. But what is the address we pay to..

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:01 pm

e3lipse wrote:
GetzJedi wrote:Any possibility getting 2 tables per person and a storage area for the night? If I'm gonna share my collection, I need lotsa space for my SW trading card albums... :shock:
Hi des, yes we can store on Sat, she replied to me already. If you want, i'll forward the email to you. But what is the address we pay to..

Hi Desmond,

Yes, you can get two tables per person, but it's $10 per table per person , or you can share two tables between 3 persons , if two tables is too much space .

You can send the cheque payable to "Science Centre Board" to the following address:

Singapore Science Centre
15 Science Centre Road
Singapore 609081

Attn : Ms Chia Sooi Lian

Be sure to include your full name , address and telephone number on the back of the cheque and mention that it is payment for the specified number of tables for the bazaar. :)

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:31 pm

In case anyone missed the details on how to register for this event , here it is :

Star Wars Fans Collectibles XChange Bazaar

Join us for a fun weekend for all Star Wars fans !

The Star Wars Fans Collectibles XChange Bazaar will be a place for Star Wars fans to display their prized Star Wars Collections, to trade and to barter with other fans , or to sell their Star Wars toys and collectibles . It will be a time for Star Wars fans to come together and to enjoy their collectibles as part of The Art of Star Wars exhibition. It will also be a great time for new fans to learn more about collecting Star Wars , so don't miss it !

When: 14-15 January 06.

Details : Admission to the Star Wars Fans Collectibles XChange Bazaar is free, but if you would like to show off or sell your collectibles, you need to register for a table at the Bazaar . The dimension of the tables that Singapore Science Centre will be providing is 1.2m by 0.6m, with 2 chairs per table at the Courtyard area. Tables are limited, so do hurry ! It will cost only a nominal rental charge of $10 per table for two days . There will not be any electrical point provision .

Time of Bazaar : 10.30am to 6.00pm . Stalls can be set up from 9.30am onwards.

All interested in securing a table at the Bazaar can contact the Singapore Science Centre directly to register for the event by emailing sl_chia@science.edu.sg

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:22 am

danchia wrote:Details : Admission to the Star Wars Fans Collectibles XChange Bazaar is free,
How do you get in free?

e3lipse

Post by e3lipse » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:50 am

lhs1701 wrote:
danchia wrote:Details : Admission to the Star Wars Fans Collectibles XChange Bazaar is free,
How do you get in free?
Via the star wars entrance.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:19 pm

lhs1701 wrote:
How do you get in free?

The Bazaar will be held at the Courtyard which is free access to the public :)

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:16 pm

Thanks.

Just to jazz up the Star Wars mood, any playing of Star wars theme allowed?

Perhaps someone should bring along a player and play some Star Wars background music. That should be enough attraction.

hansolo

Post by hansolo » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:54 pm

lhs1701 wrote:Thanks.

Just to jazz up the Star Wars mood, any playing of Star wars theme allowed?

Perhaps someone should bring along a player and play some Star Wars background music. That should be enough attraction.
This is one of the best suggestions I have seen so far. The commercials that looped at the main hall should be put to a stop.

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:19 pm

hansolo wrote:This is one of the best suggestions I have seen so far. The commercials that looped at the main hall should be put to a stop.
hi, hansolo, glad to meet with u last month at the AoSW. 8)

haha, i can see why u r so frustrated with the commercial ads ... i will be frustrated too if i am stationed outside the entrance with the ads running all day long. :wink:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:46 am

Time to pack my entire SW Trading Cards collection for display again... *pant pant* :)
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:47 pm

Decided to sell off my MIB POTF Falcon & POTF X-Wing... Still deciding on the prices... :wink:
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Jedi_slayer

Post by Jedi_slayer » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:18 pm

Daniel,
Just to confirm the time as Sooi Lian's email that you forward to us indicated the event is from 12noon to 5pm instead of 10:30am to 6pm.

See the rest of you who are participating in setting up tables or going for some hunting.

Return to “Star Wars Exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre”