upcoming novels...

Moderators: adamteo, Paul K

SoloFalcon

Post by SoloFalcon » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:50 pm

If you follow the NJO series... the line between the dark/light side of the force has became grey... Jacen Solo met Vegere (Jedi Knight from the Old Republlic era involved in the Outbound Flight I think, she learn to hide her force) who trained him to better counter the Yuuzhan Vong.

In the latest NJO Dark Nest series... Jacen was leaning toward the dark side when dealing with the latest enemy - Killiks - Insectoid Race from the Outer Rim...
Lord_Angelus wrote:Luke look evil in that cover
Trust me princess~

sithlordcbw

power...

Post by sithlordcbw » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:46 pm

i thought jacen was ok in Dark Nest and was together with Tenel Ka in TUQ? And oh yes, Tenel was pregnant???!!???

Alema Rar was the unfortunate one that joined with the Dark Nest (the red colour insects) so she turned sort of 'evil' as her mind is dominated by the evil of Dark Nest.

And luke seems to be more powerful, he finally displays his power in killing welk (Dark jedi) and fighting Lomi Plo in TUQ.

Swarm War's cover shows him using Force Lightning and the synopsis states "Luke muz prove that, with out a doubt, he is the greatest Master in the galaxy..." maybe then we'll see Luke's true power...
If you're not with me,

then you're my enemy.

freefly

Post by freefly » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:01 pm

Galactic Hunter has review of Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader

Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader sucks you in slowly, but then won’t let you go. Part I (the first eight chapters) introduces new-to-us Jedi Roan Shryne, Bol Chatak, and Chatak’s Padawan learner Olee Starstone, and picks up when Yoda and Obi-Wan change the temple beacon to warn all Jedi into hiding. Part II gets into the nitty-gritty of Darth Vader’s growing pains as he sheds all that was Anakin Skywalker. An entire chapter is a foray into Anakin’s/Vader’s psyche – the myriad defects he has inherited with his second life are mentally and methodically catalogued, leaving only shreds of humanity to be trimmed away. This is the sort of introspection woefully lacking in the Revenge of the Sith novelization.

read more here..! http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluten ... 2&zoneid=2
Release the Good!

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:33 am

feitonglong wrote:looking forward to outbound flight, sure link up the prequel movies to the expanded universe created by zahn in the 90s... :D
hi feitonglong, have you bought this book yet? I've not been able to find the hard-back of this book by Zahn.
Where can I find it?
ImageImageImage

freefly

Post by freefly » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:38 am

I believe Outbound Flight is now due on January 31 2006 instead
Release the Good!

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:13 am

freefly wrote:I believe Outbound Flight is now due on January 31 2006 instead
Ois, but that's fine, I'll stay with ROTS, Rise of DV & HArd Contact to occupy me for time being.
ImageImageImage

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:53 pm

feitonglong wrote:After Episode III: Dark Lord

In Episode III you witnessed Anakin Skywalker succumb to the dark side and be reborn as the fearsome Darth Vader. To find out what happens next, you'll need to read Star Wars: Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader.

The Republic has become the Empire, ruled by the wicked Palpatine with order enforced by his new right hand agent, Darth Vader. The galaxy is reeling from civil war and the shocking elimination of the Jedi Knights. Some worlds are resistant to the New Order, and are determined to make a stand against these sweeping new changes.

One of Darth Vader's first tasks is to snuff out these early embers of resistance, and it is this mission that will lead him to discover his true strength and come into his own as the Emperor's iron fist.

Star Wars: Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader is a new novel by author James Luceno. Together with his previous book, Labyrinth of Evil and Matthew Stover's bestselling Revenge of the Sith novelization (which are now being combined into an omnibus, as described here), this new hardcover forms a trilogy of novels chronicling the collapse of the Republic and the emergence of the Empire.

Star Wars: Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader is due out in hardcover from Del Rey Books on November 22. Here's a first look at a solicitation version of the cover; the final cover may vary.
When is this book coming out in the small soft-cover novel, the $16.75 type of books?

Jar

Post by Jar » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:00 pm

Why does it takes 2-3 weeks for the books to come in Singapore after the release date in the states? Whereas in Australia its about a week? Contact a few bookstores in the area but most just say not available, cant wait for Swarm War(SW) been waiting a few month since the release of Unseen Queen.After this there is the Legacy Of The Force (LOTF) how long will it takes till the service IMPROVE. Has anyone read the book(SW) yet here in Singapore, I only know about the SPOILERS.

Jar

Post by Jar » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:56 am

DARK NEST III, SWARM WAR is OUT, just got the Book TODAY but very limited price at SGD15.00, VERY VERY HAPPY especially the Long Weekend is here.

:D :D :D :D :D

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:51 pm

i stopped buying the softcover books but wait for the US bookclubs to release them in hardcovers instead :lol:

Jar

Post by Jar » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:02 pm

Hardcover is great for putting on the shelf if u have one, got a few Star Wars Books but it takes alot of space which i dont have, now prefered the softcover ones can bring anywhere 2 read them and it came earlier then the Hardcover ones.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

ARC

Post by ARC » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:35 pm

guys any idea when triple zero will be released?

Jar

Post by Jar » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:08 pm

Well its release in Feb 06 most probably end of Feb, give or take
2-3 weeks to reach our shore mid-end Mar 06, exact date still need to check with the bookshops (just approximately).

8) 8) 8) 8)

Return to “The Novels”