Need help with Lego Star Wars

Moderators: adamteo, Paul K

chyester

Need help with Lego Star Wars

Post by chyester » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:23 am

Anyone finished the game already? I'm having trouble finding all the minikits. Also, what can u do with the vehicles once they are completed and parked outside the Diner?

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:00 am

This LEGO Star Wars is a great game ... I played it in PS2 with my nephew last weekend and we have completed many levels over the long holiday.

There is a cheat code to crack all characters, but u still need to earn enough money to buy the characters ... we have bought all characters, except the ¢200,000 General Grevious. It's fun to see the characters walking around the pub, or fighting outside the hanger ... :D

Every chapter in each episode hav 10 minikits to complete. Completing the chapter mission is easy, but I don't think anyone can get all minikits within the chapter immediately ... that's b'cos some of the minikits can only be obtained using certain characters which are not available from the "Story Mode" itself.

The trick is to complete the chapter first, then exit out. Go into the same chapter again, now instead of going to "Story Mode", u should go to "Free Play" ... chose the characters yourself from the pool of about 40-50 characters suitable for collecting the minikits. Eg: sometime u need the Naboo solder b'cos their rope gun is the key to solve the puzzle, sometime u need a R2 or 3PO to access a locked door, etc.

After u have collected all the minikits within the chapter, u will be given a BIG BONUS! ... your vessel will be complete when u next visit the hanger. But unfortunately u can't fly the vessel. :( ... There is also a grand vessel (I think it's star destroyer), which can be only be completed when u complete all the vessels on the hanger.
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:19 am

Some tips to earn ¢¢¢ in the game ...

(1) Fast ¢¢¢ from Dextar Diner
- Each time u finish a chapter, don't continue.
- Exit the game, and go back to the Dextar's Diner.
- u may notice some "round" or "square" containers on the table, use your force to smash them all.
- u have 75% chance to get a "blue" coin which worth ¢1,000 each!
- Repeat the same process at the pubs in episodes 1, 2 & 3.

(2) Fast ¢¢¢ from the Hanger
- After u smash all containers on the tables inside the pubs, exit Dextar Diner.
- Outside at the hanger, u will see 6 rubbish bins at the 2 doors.
- u will also see 2 smoking square manholes.
- Use your force to smash the 6 rubbish bins and the 2 manholes.
- u have 50% chance to get a "blue" coin which worth ¢1,000 each!

For (1) & (2) above, once u smash it, the objects are gone.
u will only see the object again when u enter the pub & hanger next time when u complete a chapter (either "free play" or "story mode")

(3) Unlimited ¢¢¢ (but a little cumbersome)
- Unlike (1) & (2), this trick can be repeated as many time as possible.
- Go to Ep.1 Chapter 6 (in "free play" or "story mode"), fight ur way into the Naboo Palace against Darth Maul.
- At the 2nd last stage, Darth Maul is standing behind 4 levels of RED SHIELD, inducing u to go in to fight him. Don't follow him.
- Use ur Force to activate the 8 switches on the left & right walls, ¢¢¢ will drop.
- Do NOT proceed to next room. Instead, go back to the previous room & re-enter again.
- Repeat by using ur Force to activate the 8 switches again, ¢¢¢ will drop again.
- u may earn as much as ¢7,000-8,000 each time u re-enter this room.
- Beware: u must be complete the chapter to retain the ¢¢¢ u earned. If u quit half way, all the ¢¢¢ u earned is gone.

chyester

Post by chyester » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:40 pm

I gave up on SW Lego some time back. Am enjoying Battlefront 2 now. Again the medals are diffcult to get.

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:37 am

I'm concurrently playing Battlefront 2 in PS2 as well ... but I will discuss it further in another thread. :wink:

This thread is for discussion of Lego Star Wars ... any other players out there?

Return to “The Games”