Should Darth Maul have died?

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:31 am

That would have been quite interesting wouldn't it. Dooku and Asajj Vs Palpatine and Anakin. Makes me wonder how events would have turned out if Dooku had suspected what Palpatine was really up to.
As you can see, my Jedi powers are far beyond yours. Now, back down.

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:53 am

He knows quite a bit of Palpatine's plans. Which was why he could tell Obi-Wan. He was also a Jedi so he knows how the Jedi works. He is also a little arrogant so that may have blinded him a little to Palpatine's plans. His age (which probably should not have mattered too much) might have caught up with him or he was unexpectedly cut down by Anakin. What he didn't expect was Palpatine's intention to have him replaced.

Interestingly enough, he probably had other plans which was why he told Obi-Wan the truth but it was the sheer arrogance (perhaps) of the Jedi Council who didn't want to or refused to believe a rogue Jedi. Thus, if the Jedi Council HAD believed Dooku, Palpatine may have been defeated and the Empire might not have been formed but because Dooku also had the droid army at his disposal, he might have led a charge against the Republic.

But droids being what they are, and the Jedi having been forewarned, may be able to defeat the droid army (with or without the help of the Clones) quite easily.
Warning - viewer discretion advised

jemDconqueror

Post by jemDconqueror » Sat May 13, 2006 12:09 pm

Oh yah, izzit the scar on ani's face is caused by Asajj? Happened in confrontation between EP2 and EP3?
"Join me, and together we shall rule the galaxy as one!"

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:07 pm

I actually had wished that he had not been killed off completely so that he could come back in the series. His fighting style was so unique amongst the movie siths and his screen time was limited.

GenXstealth

Post by GenXstealth » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:40 am

Was wondering how did palatine know that ankin can use the force (refering to Ep 1) even before the old republic started to tumble a lot in Ep 2, as to Ankin replaced Maul and Dooku.
"If you strike me down, I will be more powerful than you think!"

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:42 am

it was rumoured that he and darth plagueis created anakin using the Force.

but the problem is... he doesnt know where this boy was.
until he met the boy for the first time
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:49 am

So Darth Plagueis is Anakin's father? I've always wondered who was, it never really hinted or said who was? Even so where did you find out that Darth Plagueis created him?

freefly

Post by freefly » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:36 am

The ultimate darth vader guide and the new essential chronology has that info.
Release the Good!

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:37 am

Thanks, Freefly. I was really curious. Thanks for your help! :D

Raven

Re: Should Darth Maul have died?

Post by Raven » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:10 am

BobaFett wrote:How I wish Anakin can duel with him in ROTS.. :lol:
Oh I can certainly imagine that would be a very heated and fast paced battle! :mrgreen:

Nien Nunb

Post by Nien Nunb » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:26 am

Yeah and then there will be Darth Maul episode 2 lightsaber.
Learn the way of the dark side and achieve a power greater than any jedi.

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:49 pm

darth maul will be back in the clone wars ..... :o

read all about it here

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:04 am

Though it wasn't in the movies, Vader did have a duel against a clone of Maul in the presence of Palpatine, who ordered them to duel for the right to be his apprentice.

They fought for a while until Vader sliced Maul's staff into 2, however it didn't cause any damage so Maul instead switched to a Jar'Kai style, which Vader is weak against.

Maul then put Vader in a choke hold and asked, "What can you hate so much to be able to destroy me?"
"Myself..." Then Vader stabbed his lightsaber through himself to kill Maul

very epic battle

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:20 am

Gandalf Fett wrote:
Count Dooku wrote:Makes me wonder who was the better saber fighter, Darth Maul or Count Dooku. I would have to say Count Dooku. I mean, look how easily he beat Obi-wan in Episode II.
Here's something that I just can't get my head around. Obi-wan beat Maul (OB1 better), Dooku beat Obi-wan (Dooku better), Anakin beat Dooku (Anakin better) then Obi-Wan beat Anakin (Obi-Wan better)... but Dooku beat Obi-Wan which makes him better than Obi-Wan who in turn beat Anakin which makes him better but Anakin beat Dooku...

I can go on and on - you throw in the rest of the crowd with Windu, Yoda and Palpatine and I will end up with an even bigger mess.....
My guess is that they have Different lightsaber combat styles. For example, Obi Wan's Defensive style of Soresu was perfect to combat Anakin's more aggressive Djem So style. While Anakin's Djem So style was perfect against Dooku's Makashi which did not provide enough kinetic energy to combat Djem So's aggressive emphasis on physical strength. Perhaps Obi wan had not yet mastered the style of Soresu when he fought Dooku for the first time. Note that Obi Wan had become very skilled in lightsaber combat in EP3, being able to defeat the 4 sabered Grevious as well as kicking Anakin's ass on Mustafar.
"You'll find I'm full of surprises."

Luke

Handsome

Post by Handsome » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:06 am

Hiro wrote:Though it wasn't in the movies, Vader did have a duel against a clone of Maul in the presence of Palpatine, who ordered them to duel for the right to be his apprentice.

They fought for a while until Vader sliced Maul's staff into 2, however it didn't cause any damage so Maul instead switched to a Jar'Kai style, which Vader is weak against.

Maul then put Vader in a choke hold and asked, "What can you hate so much to be able to destroy me?"
"Myself..." Then Vader stabbed his lightsaber through himself to kill Maul

very epic battle
Hey where u get this information?
"You'll find I'm full of surprises."

Luke

Return to “Star Wars Episode 1 : The Phantom Menace”