ORIGINAL THEATRICAL VERSION ?

For discussions about everything Star Wars that's not related to just one particular film....

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

trooperJ

ORIGINAL THEATRICAL VERSION ?

Post by trooperJ » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:40 pm

The coming Star Wars Blu ray set still does not have the Original Trilogy original theatrical version.

So, which Star Wars DVD collection includes this?
Or is there is no DVD with original theatrical release version??

when there's no CGI, etc. etc. etc.

:D :) :lol:

TD7620

Post by TD7620 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:20 pm

What rumors I have heard, is that the versions WITH CGI, are the ones GL wanted to do all the time but didn't have technology to do. The old original ones won't be re-released.

Royce

Post by Royce » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:25 pm

I also heard about such version but it is not in real.

ishfishmial0

Post by ishfishmial0 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:00 am

I really wish that the blu-ray set offered the original theatrical versions alongside special editions. The original versions are being treated like unwanted garbage. Star Wars fans want them.

trooperJ

Post by trooperJ » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:38 am

Hi ishfishmial0, introduce yourself at viewforum.php?f=12 :D

Since looking for Original Theatrical Version, I found this! :shock:
http://www.savestarwars.com/

"In 1997, George Lucas refilmed, re-edited and redid many scenes for the Star Wars trilogy in a "Special Edition." Since then, Lucas has refused to have the original versions of the films be seen in high quality. All 35mm prints of the original versions have been recalled from circulation and confiscated, and the originals are no longer aired on television nor screened for special events. Lucas has stated that he would like the original versions to disappear, and that once the existing VHS and Laserdisc releases deteriorate he hopes no one will even remember the originals existed, except as "rough drafts" of the Special Editions. Not only is this robbing the world of a very important part of its cinematic and cultural heritage, but it is engaging in the re-writing of history. The original theatrical versions of these films deserve to be continued to be released and preserved in as high a quality as possible."

Didn't know GL treated Original Trilogy this way!!!:roll: :roll: :roll:

deckard

Post by deckard » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:57 am

The reason George Lucas doesn't want to release the Original Trilogy in its' original form is simple - money.

If he releases them as a set of remastered films (pre-CGI and Special Edition alterations) he has to pay his ex-wife Marcia a hefty payment, as she was an editor on the originals and it is written into this divorce paperwork that if the originals are released, SHE GETS PAID.

It's that simple.

The release of the original films as BONUS MATERIAL in this DVD set:

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Trilogy ... 326&sr=8-3

is the closest you will ever have to the originals on DVD.

A "bonus disc" for each film that contains the respective originals. And by originals, I mean the complete un-altered films the way audiences saw them back in 1977, 1980 and 1983. Even the added-in-'81 "A New Hope" in the title crawl of the first film is no longer there. It is simply STAR WARS. Simply put: these are the versions audiences (who were born before the 90s) fell in love with. These are the versions that made Star Wars a phenomenon.
Terek Deckard
Sandtrooper, 104th Moisture Farm Patrol
http://mfpblogdlpage.blogspot.com/2006/ ... -site.html

Return to “Everything Star Wars”