Imperial Officer Belt Question

Trainee and Cadet Costumers .... here's where you can ask the Veterans Officers all the questions you need to !

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

Grimzy

Imperial Officer Belt Question

Post by Grimzy » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:17 pm

Sup y'all

So I'm starting to put together my female Imperial Officer outfit. Found the code cylinders, trying to get the suit tailored soon and now hunting for boots and belt.

I found obviously that Costume Base / Sky belts are kinda wrong. The Custom Props guys from Argentina do a pretty awesome belt but they're kinda expensive. Not going for Shadowdale / Starfortress cause I've heard enough interesting things bout them.

Is there anyone else I could get a ready made belt? Is the DIY belt thing kinda hard to do, it sounds kind of scary

Or unless there's some clever belt making person out there that I don't know bout : S

Cheers,
Grimzy

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:53 pm

What's your budget for the Belt and Buckle? I think the accurate Buckle can be gotten for ~USD25 (Belt will be a lot more but it's accurate).

Other choices will be from Tandy Leather (US) but I understand the Belt need to be dyed, probably with Dylon Leather Dye?

Feel like selling off my 2nd Belt with its Buckle and Imperial Disk (Non-Detailed one), made locally BUT I think it's better off going to a more Plus Size person like me (think the length is about 40" since my waist is about 35" right now?) apart from I'm still deciding whether to let it go or not. :oops:

Grimzy

Post by Grimzy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:51 am

Hey Haldir

Yeah I'm willing to pay for a high quality belt but yeah not US$50 like the Argentinan chaps. Or is it possible if I kind of mix and match, lets say buy a cheaper belt and just replace the buckle :S

Your belt sounds promising but yeah 40" is kinda long for me, thanks for the offer though!

Cheers,
Grimzy

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:32 pm

You may also consider what I posted at
viewtopic.php?p=56655#56655

Dye it black with Dylon Shoe & Accessories Colour which is quite commonly available.
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Return to “The Academy”