KOTOR

Moderators: adamteo, Paul K

freefly

KOTOR

Post by freefly » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:09 pm

Anyone following this series? The fun factor I feel lies in the story's many possible tie-ins with the game that it keeps you second guessing every move by the characters, and to top it off there's the Mandalorian Wars
Release the Good!

darthyazid

Post by darthyazid » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:52 am

yup, great game... with wonderful twists. :P
PARENTAL GUIDANCE IS ADVISED
YAZID IS LAME...VERY LAME

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:58 am

I have not had a chance to play the game yet but the comic looks interesting. With so many different SW comics, I find it hard to keep up. Aw heck, it's downright impossible to keep up so I just stick to a small handful that I dig.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

freefly

Post by freefly » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:09 pm

The TPB is out collecting issues #1-6. With each release this series looks set to become one of the greatest serialised SW storyline. The suspense is killing! Major players like Lucien Draay, Squint and Zayne Carrick are compelling characters on their own right even without their possible connection to the game. Speculations abound as to who's who in relation to Darths Revan, Malak, Traya, Sion and Nihilus. If you've read it discuss it here...
Release the Good!

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:26 pm

The latest issue has it linked to the old KOTOR series and about Exar Kun ...... it's getting real interesting ......

freefly

Post by freefly » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:06 am

Not forgetting the (possible) Alek = Malak connection.

Preview for #11 is up. Brian Ching's conception of Telerath is fantastic. I guess the unexpected reunion is that with his father?
Release the Good!

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:39 pm

Unexpected twists at every turn as power-mad evildoers hunt our heroes amidst a galaxy spanning war-Knights of the Old Republic is Star Wars at its very best, nearly 4,000 years before Luke Skywalker! A deadly new threat targets Camper, the seriously senile captain of the renegade vessel The Last Resort, and his youthful guardian Jarael must risk everything to try and save him, even if it's impossible. Meanwhile, fugitive Padawan Zayne Carrick and the conniving Gryph have mistakenly tricked their way into their most dangerous predicament yet-surrounded by an army they are trying to escape on a planet that's about to become the biggest battlefront in the galaxy. The second someone recognizes them, they're toast, assuming that a stray blaster bolt doesn't get them first!

The "Days of Fear" story arc reaches its explosive conclusion in a story of dangerous visions, unheeded warnings, and decisions made too late!

Fugitive Padawan Zayne Carrick faces his darkest moments so far as a desperate attempt to avert a cataclysmic disaster drives him into the arms of his enemies. Zayne puts his life on the line in an attempt to save those who don't even realize the grave fate they face, but will his sacrifice be in vain? Meanwhile, the small-time con Gryph has happened upon big-time profit, but if he doesn't keep his greed in check, this seeming success story could quickly turn tragic!

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:40 pm

A brand new story arc begins, launching a captivating tale of power, prejudice, and a past that can no longer be outrun!

When Camper, the senile owner of the Last Resort, falls frighteningly ill, his young protector Jarael will risk everything to try and save him, even if that means seeking a cure on Arkania, a homeworld she has never seen, where genetic "offshoots" like her and Camper are despised, even criminalized. Yet, once on Arkania, Jarael's troubles will run more than skin deep, for if her intentions are revealed, powerful forces that have been hunting Camper for years will stop at nothing to reclaim the elderly refugee-and the terrible secret he carries within him!

Life in the Old Republic takes a troubling turn in "Nights of Anger," a perfect jumping on point for anyone who hasn't taken the plunge into one of the most thrilling comics in the galaxy!

freefly

Post by freefly » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:50 pm

Look out for this one-shot handbook featuring profiles of the characters and a cross-section of the Last Resort. Great cover art! :P

Release the Good!

Alixker

Post by Alixker » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:27 pm

Was kind of searching for VOLUME 5 TPB :lol: then I realised... there is no "volume 5" :wink:

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:57 am

KoTOR ends with its final issue at number 50...

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic #50

Writer: John Jackson Miller
Penciller: Brian Ching
Colorist: Michael Atiyeh
Cover Artist: Benjamin Carré

The saga of Zayne Carrick, the Padawan-turned-undercover-and-unexpected-hero, ends in this last issue of the series that has been a part of the Dark Horse Star Wars line since 2006! Don't miss this final issue!

Zayne and the Mandalorian Rohlan rush to aid their friend Jarael against the demented scientist Demagol and the vicious slaver Chantique. If they can arrive in time, there is a chance that everything will turn out in their favor -- but with Zayne's ever -- awkward connection to the Force, nothing is certain . . .

*** source: Dark Horse Comics

maulsith

Post by maulsith » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am

Any idea where can I chase after this comics locally.?? Went to a couple of comics shops,it seems I cant get it in running series.. :cry: Any good recommendation on location.
My Hunt List : Gentle Giant Bust
viewtopic.php?t=3960

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:29 am

maulsith wrote:Any idea where can I chase after this comics locally.?? Went to a couple of comics shops,it seems I cant get it in running series.. :cry: Any good recommendation on location.
comics world at B1-22, Park Lane Shopping Mall 35, Selegie Road
g & b comics at Block 1 Rochor Center #02-500

you can also try kinokuniya at takashimaya, they have quite a wide range of comics there too ...

maulsith

Post by maulsith » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:32 pm

feitonglong wrote:
maulsith wrote:Any idea where can I chase after this comics locally.?? Went to a couple of comics shops,it seems I cant get it in running series.. :cry: Any good recommendation on location.
comics world at B1-22, Park Lane Shopping Mall 35, Selegie Road
g & b comics at Block 1 Rochor Center #02-500

you can also try kinokuniya at takashimaya, they have quite a wide range of comics there too ...
Thank you,thank you..will launch my searching there..
My Hunt List : Gentle Giant Bust
viewtopic.php?t=3960

Return to “The Magazines and Comics”