CONTINUITY ERRORS in the Star Wars Saga

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Thu May 26, 2005 11:58 am

i think he will correct all these bumps in his ULTIMATE STAR WARS DVD COLLECTION ... :lol:

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Thu May 26, 2005 1:35 pm

xjedi wrote:i think he will correct all these bumps in his ULTIMATE STAR WARS DVD COLLECTION ... :lol:
And I will once again be tempted to get it when it comes out.....

Sigh.............
Warning - viewer discretion advised

wmgan
Location: Malaysia / Singapore (2003-5) / New York (from August 2005)

Post by wmgan » Sun May 29, 2005 8:41 pm

Here's my take on the Hayden-as-Anakin's-ghost issue, as I've also mentioned in the FanForce SG forum.

Substituting Sebastian Shaw with Hayden Christensen becomes acceptable if we suppose the following two things:

(1) The films are visual depictions of events that supposedly happened a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away (that is to say, they're documentaries rather than footage of the events themselves).

(2) The "ghosts" are felt through the Force rather than actually seen, which means that what we see in the films are merely visual representations of the unseen presences (for the benefit of audiences who can't sense them through the Force).

In other words, it doesn't really matter how the "ghost" of Anakin Skywalker looks like on film, and George Lucas could just as well have substituted Sebastian Shaw with himself if he thought film audiences would recognize him as the representation of Anakin Skywalker.

I next argue that it is not just acceptable, but perfectly logical to have Hayden appear as Anakin's ghost. To most audiences who view the six films in sequence, Hayden Christensen would be more recognizable as Anakin Skywalker than Sebastian Shaw. Even though it is Sebastian's face we see when Vader is unmasked, he looks very different with and without the "burned Humpty-Dumpty" make-up. The first time I saw the original version of ROTJ, I didn't recognize Anakin's ghost as played by the same guy who played the unmasked Vader (although I guessed it had to be him).

Just my two cents on the matter.
(to the tune of "The Phantom of the Opera")
I am your father, Skywalker...
Come to me, son Luke Skywalker...

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Mon May 30, 2005 9:47 am

And a very worthy 2 cents it is, wmgan !

Thanks for your interesting perspective on this .

I agree with you that Lucas probably replaced Sebastian Shaw with Hadyn Christensen because he is far more recognisable especially to the new generation of Star Wars fans after EP1 and 2.

platium

Post by platium » Tue May 31, 2005 11:24 am

Gandalf Fett wrote:
Dranoel wrote: Why not go even further (back) and show Jake Lloyd instead :lol:
ROFL!!!! :lol:

We need to have a ROFL emoticon :lol:
What is ROFL?

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Tue May 31, 2005 11:46 am

platium wrote:
Gandalf Fett wrote:
Dranoel wrote: Why not go even further (back) and show Jake Lloyd instead :lol:
ROFL!!!! :lol:

What is ROFL?
Rolling On the Floor Laughing?

platium

Post by platium » Tue May 31, 2005 12:01 pm

hbng wrote:
platium wrote:
Gandalf Fett wrote: ROFL!!!! :lol:

What is ROFL?
Rolling On the Floor Laughing?
Hahaha... Sure?

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Tue May 31, 2005 5:20 pm

Yep, ROFL = Rolling On Floor Laughing....

but just don't ask to explain ROFLMAO :wink:

platium

Post by platium » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:19 am

Dranoel wrote:Yep, ROFL = Rolling On Floor Laughing....

but just don't ask to explain ROFLMAO :wink:

Noooooooooooooo...... what is MAO?

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:21 am

Trust me, Platium , you really don't want to know. LOL :lol: :lol:

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:58 pm

When Mace Windu announced that Anakin would be accepted into the Council, but not granted the title of Jedi Master, Anakin had a strong reaction towards how a Jedi could be elected to the council but not be a Master.

But there was already a precedent of a Jedi Knight elected to the Council, Ki-Adi-Mundi (extracted from http://www.starwars.com/databank/charac ... ndi/?id=eu)
In another exception to the traditions of the Jedi, Ki-Adi-Mundi was the sole Jedi Knight serving on the Council during the start of his tenure, sitting amongst an assemblage of Jedi Masters.

And too bad Anakin was not a Cerean, or he would have been allowed to marry and have kids legally too 8)

HanLucas

Post by HanLucas » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:54 pm

Sebastian Shaw as anakin sprit is deep in my mind. I hope GL don;t change it to the young Hayden Christensen. :?

OKK77

Post by OKK77 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:37 pm

HanLucas wrote:Sebastian Shaw as anakin sprit is deep in my mind. I hope GL don;t change it to the young Hayden Christensen. :?
Oh my Force. Which system were you at? You've been fooling around with the Ewoks? He has changed it!

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:32 am

I am so glad that I invested in the original boxed LD release of the original unedited Star Wars Original Trilogy. That way, at least the classic is still preserved and in my grasp.
Warning - viewer discretion advised

freefly

Post by freefly » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:28 am

I thought it was a good move. For me having Hayden at the end of ROTJ to represent Anakin's good side emphasizes the point that he was still a true Jedi in Ep3.
Even after he broke the Jedi code of celibacy. Heck even after slaughtering the Tuskens & decapitating Dooku in cold blood. It was his pact with the 'devil' that eventually locked his spirit away for more than 20yrs. And since spirits can't age we have a Hayden ghost

Return to “Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith”