Star Trek movie

News from our Star Trek and Movie Mania friends .... oh and any thing about Science Fiction in Singapore!

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

darth nacho

Post by darth nacho » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:42 am

wow cool. i might be geting some new phasers from the states....anyone want to bulk order?

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:05 pm

mosske wrote:
Haldir wrote:I had ordered my uniform so can come in ST Costume for the screening. :wink:
:twisted:
Hey! :lol: :lol:

It suppose to be a surprise :wink: tho' still not what I really want (can't spare the money for that one yet.....blame it on Athena and Hades)

lordtyranno

Post by lordtyranno » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:19 pm

Hi Darth Nacho,

I dun mind getting one phaser too..let me know costs..

Prepare to be beamed to Funan Centre on 2 & 3 May.

C u for Starfleet duty on 4 May at GV Grand

Regards

darth nacho

Post by darth nacho » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:04 am

cool. i will get you one.
thank you for puting me on the list.

see you at funan and GV grand

Biggs Darklighter

Re: Star Trek May 2009

Post by Biggs Darklighter » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:11 am

Darth Zulwalker wrote:Why not organise another one so that star wars fans and of course, Star Trek fans, can appreciate the Live And Let Live attitude of the two similar sci-fi movie genres? This is as opposed to what is depicted in Fanboys.........anyway, this sci-fi community should also learn to love other sci-fi movies and not get fanatical only about sw
I agree with Darth Zulwalker:D

How to really appreciate sw is by watching other sci-fi films like the latest Star Trek for instance. I myself am a fan of other films(Terminator,Transformers,AVP) but when I rewatch sw, I think George Lucas is a genius, I learn to REALLY appreciate the bi-trilogies, and am glad to be a genuine fan.

But I don't think anybody deserved to be called a NEWBIE by anybody...I might be new here but I have children who are themselves fans; like me back in 1977-1983. Please don't get all worked up and emotional as I think Darth Zulwalker has a point there :D

Darth Zulwalker

Post by Darth Zulwalker » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:27 am

Biggs Darklighter wrote:
Darth Zulwalker wrote:Why not organise another one so that star wars fans and of course, Star Trek fans, can appreciate the Live And Let Live attitude of the two similar sci-fi movie genres? This is as opposed to what is depicted in Fanboys.........anyway, this sci-fi community should also learn to love other sci-fi movies and not get fanatical only about sw
I agree with Darth Zulwalker:D

How to really appreciate sw is by watching other sci-fi films like the latest Star Trek for instance. I myself am a fan of other films(Terminator,Transformers,AVP) but when I rewatch sw, I think George Lucas is a genius, I learn to REALLY appreciate the bi-trilogies, and am glad to be a genuine fan.

But I don't think anybody deserved to be called a NEWBIE by anybody...I might be new here but I have children who are themselves fans; like me back in 1977-1983. Please don't get all worked up and emotional as I think Darth Zulwalker has a point there :D
Thanks a lot Biggs Darklighter for that vote of confidence! I dun mind being called NEWBIE........... makes an old man like me feels young again hehehe :D
"Size matters not.Look at me.Judge me by my size,do you?Hmm?And well you should not.For my ally is the Force.And a powerful ally it is.Life creates it,makes it grow.Its energy surrounds us,and binds us.Luminous beings are we,not this crude matter..."

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:09 pm

Biggs Darklighter wrote:But I don't think anybody deserved to be called a NEWBIE by anybody...I might be new here but I have children who are themselves fans; like me back in 1977-1983. Please don't get all worked up and emotional as I think Darth Zulwalker has a point there :D
Biggs, check out what Dranoel post about what actually happened before Star-Wars-Fun-atic and Darth Zulwalker posts were put into this thread instead ;)

Dranoel wrote:Star-Wars-Fun-atic, Darth Zulwalker,

We have no problem with a gathering to catch the new Star Trek movie. In fact, I think I might even catch it myself too :oops:

"Gabriel Sylar" (Heroes) as "Spock"... interesting ;)

It's just the original thread you guys posted in is meant for a different purpose.... If you read the first post in that original thread, I hope you understand.

In the true spirit of Fanboys...
viewtopic.php?t=3047

I have now split these posts to create a new thread for you :)

Jar

Post by Jar » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:30 am

Yes, I agree with Haldir, read the other post carefully to understand the meaning behind it, if it was meant as a joke or not? Everyone has views but if its to disrupt an event thats happening, its just not COOL even if its a Newbie so be carefull what you wrote and play nice with others even if you dont like them. :? :?
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful... the strong... the weak... the innocent... the corrupt. Fear is my ally."

lordtyranno

Post by lordtyranno » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:11 pm

Hi Darth Nacho,

I already have 2 tickets for ST on 4 May for you as promised.

I have 16 tickets for ST 1st screening on 29 April but its going fast. Which date do u prefer?

Its all free...we never pay for our premiere tickets. Will pay you for the props when I see you also.

Regards

darth nacho

Post by darth nacho » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:05 pm

it's on may 2nd saterday right?

i will be there.

oh here is some thing for you that i just got today.

lordtyranno

Post by lordtyranno » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:03 am

Hi Darth Nacho,

That was really fast!

I think you will like this movie.. I will keep for you buttons and movie poster also.

It smartly caters to original Trekkies and to vast new audience also..

I would recommend you guys to watch this movie.. It is not Star Wars of course but it still will appeal to the Sci-fi fans we truly are.

If your impression of Star Trek is boring..techno babble... This is not the case!

JJ Abrams has truly revitalised the series and I'm sure there will be more sequels to come.

Regards

Jar

Post by Jar » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:45 am

So so true, even if you are not a fan this movie will make you one, the action starts from the beginning to end, take the breadth away with everyone glued to the screen, cant help it with lots action, comedy suspense and love scene all in one, JJ Abrams really change Star Trek universe with this movie. :o :o :o
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful... the strong... the weak... the innocent... the corrupt. Fear is my ally."

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am

There's an interesting article in the most recent issue of Newsweek that point out the different characters of Star Trek and Star Wars and which personality in today's world fit that personality.

An interesting read.
Find, fix, finish

darth nacho

Post by darth nacho » Tue May 05, 2009 8:50 am

that was a great movie......but why do they have to blow it up...hahaha. anyway great start to the film too...almost made me cry...my wife cried....

also here is something for all of us fan boys in singapore
think this was taken at the toy fair last year

http://gizmodo.com/5239492/star-wars-vs ... ce-gadgets

mosske

Post by mosske » Tue May 05, 2009 9:27 am

That was taken at the HSA Blood Bank at SGH for a blood drive that both SW and ST were invloved in - its called Blood Wars.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

Return to “Science Fiction, alive and well”