Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination exhibition photos

For discussions about everything Star Wars that's not related to just one particular film....

Moderators: dranoel, donleow

masteryoyo

Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination exhibition photos

Post by masteryoyo » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:43 pm

Masteryoyo was fortunate to be able to catch Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination exhibition at the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney recently.

This traveling exhibition was created by the Museum of Science, Boston, and features props and costumes used in the Star Wars films but focused primarily on the science behind George Lucas' science fiction-fantasy epic.

The exhibit was developed by Boston's Museum of Science, over a period of four years beginning in 2002, in collaboration with Lucasfilm Ltd. and with support of the National Science Foundation. It opened to the public at the Museum of Science on 27 Oct 05.

The exhibit includes an impressive number of props, costumes and models, including the Yoda puppet, C-3P0, "Naked" C-3P0, R2-D2, the Chewbacca costume, the three-section Darth Vader helmet from Revenge of the Sith, as well as models of the X-wing, Millennium Falcon and many others.

There are also costumes for Mace Windu, Princess Leia, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and the stormtroopers, and lightsabers belonging to Luke, Obi-Wan, Darth Maul and Count Dooku, among a great many other costumes, props and models. The exhibition runs from 4 Dec 08 to 26 Apr 09.

Here are the photos ... enjoy!

http://s630.photobucket.com/albums/uu25 ... oyo_album/
Last edited by masteryoyo on Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:24 pm

Welcome to the forums MasterYoYo... u went sydney for a holiday? u r so lucky and i'm jealous! :lol:
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

masteryoyo

Post by masteryoyo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:25 am

Hi and thanks. I was actually on a business trip but managed to sneak out during lunch to view the exhibit. It helps that the museum was within walking distance to the hotel. :D

masteryoyo

Post by masteryoyo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:35 pm

masteryoyo just learned how to post photos directlty... so here are some of the more exciting photos ... enjoy!!!

"Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future."

gundam_skywalker

Post by gundam_skywalker » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:29 pm

Look at those flash reflection. We are not suppose to use flash when they were in Singapore. :x

masteryoyo

Post by masteryoyo » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:52 pm

masteryoyo does not think that this set of exhibits have travelled to sg yet. in sydney, hall was too dim... no choice but have to use flash. masteryoyo no photographer :oops:

more photos for those where are too lazy to click on the earlier url...

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:17 pm

gundam_skywalker wrote:Look at those flash reflection. We are not suppose to use flash when they were in Singapore. :x
*Cough Cough*
At least better than the initial ruling that No Photography is allowed right? :wink:

Anyhow, I understand it's a "New" ruling (No FLASH Photography) on Lucasfilm side since around 2005. What I heard from Costuming friends is that most SW Costume Exhibition after 2005 also dun allow Flash Photography.

Anyway, for those who didn't know, Flash from Cameras contain Ultra-Violet which will DESTROY fibers and colors. Most of these costumes, armors and props are the Original Items, especially those from TPM onwards, and they dun "maintain" it like how you maintain your clothing & props (like washing, polishing, replacing parts etc). And not all Musuems can afford to install Glass Panels in front of the Exhibit that can "Absorb" all the UV from Camera Flash, so in order to protect the exhibits from unneccessary harm, they have to impose the "No Flash" policy.

And that is why for Musuems, you can't take photos either.

masteryoyo

Post by masteryoyo » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:14 am

for those who have not seen this thread, bump! Enjoy!

TD7620

Post by TD7620 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:24 pm

Love this exhibition!

I was fortunate enough to be part of the opening of this exhibition in Sweden, 2008. Nordic Garrison showed up in force for an entire weekend! Was a real blast!

Return to “Everything Star Wars”