My Scout bucket & boots

For all Costumers .... your own place to hang out and talk about the world of costuming ....

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

My Scout bucket & boots

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:05 pm

Recently collected boots... sprayed bucket

enjoy![/url]
I'm a clean scout, so dun dirty my armour on purpose.

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:19 pm

Those boots are custom-made right? What are the fees like?

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:22 pm

kind of like followed the boots tutorial but done by a grand-master (master wu-gui?).

cost is about $200 for the shoe maker's effort. boots less than 100.

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:30 pm

Shoemaker fees is $200 ah. That means total for boots is about $270? Wah......did not know that boots alone could cost so much for the biker.

But the helmet is a real beauty......how much for the spraying?
"The Darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities that some consider to be unnatural.....is it possible to learn those powers? YES, Not from a Jedi..."

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:46 pm

1 year+ of ongoing search for the right white moon boots for my AT-AT Driver costume and I'm contemplating of getting one of those psychedelic coloured ones off eBay, get the white vinyl and get the shoe maker to give it the same 'wrap over treatment' as the Biker Scout boots. Bears thought...bears thought...

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:10 pm

Red_5 wrote:Shoemaker fees is $200 ah. That means total for boots is about $270? Wah......did not know that boots alone could cost so much for the biker.
That is assuming you get the Shoe Maker to make it for you instead of doing it yourself (or tricking someone to do it for you :lol: ).

I am planning to make the boots myself (will do it soon.....will do it soon.....) so the cost will be just the cost of the Shoes, Vinyl and Goop Glue (Velcro? Already got many different types at hand :wink: ).

Nice looking Helmet and Boots, bro! ;)

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:14 pm

Where do you guys get the white vinyl from? How thick is it and what's the $/m?

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:42 pm

I gotten mine some time ago from the same place Paul gotten his:

viewtopic.php?t=1562

Ker Seng Heng
1 Syed Alwi Road
#01-07/08 Song Lin Building
Singapore 207628

It's a walk away from Textile Centre, towards and pass the Indian Muslim Mosque (the Blue one with Gold Dome).

As for thickness, it's slightly thinner than the kind from Spotlight (the ~SGD12 one, not SGD15-20 Clothing kind) tho' thicker than that from Arab Street/People's Park that we usually used for Coat etc.

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:00 am

Haldir wrote:
Red_5 wrote:Shoemaker fees is $200 ah. That means total for boots is about $270? Wah......did not know that boots alone could cost so much for the biker.
That is assuming you get the Shoe Maker to make it for you instead of doing it yourself (or tricking someone to do it for you :lol: ).

I am planning to make the boots myself (will do it soon.....will do it soon.....) so the cost will be just the cost of the Shoes, Vinyl and Goop Glue (Velcro? Already got many different types at hand :wink: ).

Nice looking Helmet and Boots, bro! ;)
I was also thinking of DIY, but its the sewing part thats going to have me stump. lol
"The Darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities that some consider to be unnatural.....is it possible to learn those powers? YES, Not from a Jedi..."

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:13 pm

u should read the thread on boots tutorial by Paul k if u r doing DIY. the bucket spraying cost me less than S$50.

Haldir, i have another imperial supplier for the leather. :wink:

anyways, suiting up as a biker scout isn't cheap. many parts to make is one issue... it is not as straight forward as i thot it would be. but having said tat, i do enjoy the process!

btw... i am still sourcing for the lens for my bucket. the one i bought sucks big time!

erase

Post by erase » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:17 pm

Care to explain why? :roll:
Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo wrote:
btw... i am still sourcing for the lens for my bucket. the one i bought sucks big time!
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

HyBRiD

Post by HyBRiD » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:40 am

report a dispute against him dude. then get a refund
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:51 am

He played punk ah? :shock:

Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo

Post by Frodo,Naruto,Weirdo » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:59 pm

this guys at BSN claimed to do the lens for the helmets. he utilize some stylus to cut 'accurate' shapes. so i paid for 4pieces(i can pass to those who is searching for one, 'cos couldn't get such lens here anymore).

it arrived here with only 3 pieces. 3 lop-sided, badly cut with rough edges MLC v3 lens. so i emailed him but he did not replied my mail.

Hybrid saw it before. dun blame anyone 'cos it is a 80-20 thing when it comes to online purchase. besides it is only USD4.50 per lens. i will bear in mind his TK number n make a mental note.

i can prob pass to some TKs to 'recycle' the lens.

for now, may the dark force be with me on the armour.

Red_5

Post by Red_5 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:20 pm

Don't tell me his nick is TK-9135? PK also bought from him before....he seems ok from the feedback he received.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Biker-Scout-Lens ... 638Q2em122

Return to “Costumers' Lounge”