Should Darth Maul have died?

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

BobaFett

Should Darth Maul have died?

Post by BobaFett » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:05 pm

How I wish Anakin can duel with him in ROTS.. :lol:

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:30 pm

Makes me wonder who was the better saber fighter, Darth Maul or Count Dooku. I would have to say Count Dooku. I mean, look how easily he beat Obi-wan in Episode II.
As you can see, my Jedi powers are far beyond yours. Now, back down.

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:01 am

Count Dooku wrote:Makes me wonder who was the better saber fighter, Darth Maul or Count Dooku. I would have to say Count Dooku. I mean, look how easily he beat Obi-wan in Episode II.
but if u ask me to compare brain size
id say maul cuz he killed qui gon in a swipe
silly dooku just scaped obiwan hand and leg
:P
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:06 am

Maybe, but I think Dooku was just playing with them. Plus, Dooku never struck me as a pure sith.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:42 am

Yes, I think you hit the nail right on the head !

Dooku is certainly an enigma .... it's like his full story hasn't been told .... if you know what I mean. Hmmmm....

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:37 am

Count Dooku wrote:Makes me wonder who was the better saber fighter, Darth Maul or Count Dooku. I would have to say Count Dooku. I mean, look how easily he beat Obi-wan in Episode II.
Here's something that I just can't get my head around. Obi-wan beat Maul (OB1 better), Dooku beat Obi-wan (Dooku better), Anakin beat Dooku (Anakin better) then Obi-Wan beat Anakin (Obi-Wan better)... but Dooku beat Obi-Wan which makes him better than Obi-Wan who in turn beat Anakin which makes him better but Anakin beat Dooku...

I can go on and on - you throw in the rest of the crowd with Windu, Yoda and Palpatine and I will end up with an even bigger mess.....
Warning - viewer discretion advised

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:56 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:Here's something that I just can't get my head around. Obi-wan beat Maul (OB1 better), Dooku beat Obi-wan (Dooku better), Anakin beat Dooku (Anakin better) then Obi-Wan beat Anakin (Obi-Wan better)... but Dooku beat Obi-Wan which makes him better than Obi-Wan who in turn beat Anakin which makes him better but Anakin beat Dooku...

I can go on and on - you throw in the rest of the crowd with Windu, Yoda and Palpatine and I will end up with an even bigger mess.....
Bro, u watch too much WWE wrestling liao ... haha :lol:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:21 pm

HA HA - Maybe its a result of NOT having watched too much of it recently...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had tickets when they came to Singapore though - that was fun... chanting "YOU SUCK!!!" :wink: :wink: :lol: 8)

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:07 am

I would have to say that Count Dooku is one of the most interesting characters in Star Wars (why else would I have chosen him :wink: ). Seriously, I think that had he wanted, he could easily have destroyed the Republic in the early stages of the war as the Republic didn't have nearly as many clone troopers as Dooku had droids. Dooku could have sent a huge invasion force and destroyed the Republic if he chose to. Yet, he stayed his hand and obeyed his master.

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:06 pm

I suspect this is because Palpatine was playing a deeper game. If the Republic was destroyed (no guarantee this will happen since it could have been the other way around with the Jedi still around), there would have been not much left for him to rule over.

I see Palpatine's creeping and cautious approach where the Jedi was his main targets. I follow the comics and find it sad to see how the Jedi were slaughtered one by one before the final order. By them the Jedi had come to depend on the clones and did not expect treachery. If you did not follow the other stories, you wonder how the Jedi can be so stupid to leave their backs unguarded.
Find, fix, finish

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:41 pm

Plus remember - always two there are. A master and an apprentice. Dooku was actually the replacement for Maul after Maul got split in half.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:58 am

Gandalf Fett wrote:Plus remember - always two there are. A master and an apprentice. Dooku was actually the replacement for Maul after Maul got split in half.
Which half was Dooku replacing ? :shock:

:D

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:23 am

danchia wrote:Which half was Dooku replacing ? :shock:

probably the top half since Dooku don't really have the footwork to replace Maul's lower half due to extreme old age. Probably why Saruman didn't move much in LOTR as well. HEH HEEE HEEEE :twisted:

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:41 am

Gandalf Fett wrote:
danchia wrote:Which half was Dooku replacing ? :shock:

probably the top half since Dooku don't really have the footwork to replace Maul's lower half due to extreme old age. Probably why Saruman didn't move much in LOTR as well. HEH HEEE HEEEE :twisted:
'

ill say he took mauls top half
asajj ventress took the bottom

why i say that?

dooku uses his brains at least
asajj is rather impulsive (no brains , so she take the bottom)
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:02 am

asajj was not quite a replacement right? She was just another pawn in the big scheme of Palpatine's plan to lure Anakin out. She was not intended to be an apprentice to Palpatine - maybe an apprentice to Dooku and then get Anakin to be apprentice to Palpatine - then there would be 4 sith Lords to rule the Galaxy!!!

Return to “Star Wars Episode 1 : The Phantom Menace”