Repairing C3PO

Moderators: erase, donleow

lhs1701

Repairing C3PO

Post by lhs1701 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:52 am

There is a little side story which I had come across that I thought I would share.

In "The Empire Strikes Back", there is a little incident where C3PO got too nosy and discovered Stormtroopers and got blasted and head got blown off.

Later Chewbacca found it and brought it back to his cell and started repairs. If you were a Stormtrooper, would you have allowed this? Who knows, a weapon could be fabricated from C3PO's parts? So why was this allowed?

The side story indicated that Darth Vader found C3PO first and got nostalgic and eventually even gave permission for Chewbacca to bring it back to his cell to repair it without Han Solo and Chewbacca being aware of it. Darth Vader wanted his childhood friend repaired.

How about that?
:D
Find, fix, finish

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:15 pm

This is from that Dark Horse comic book right?

Actually, if you recall, Chewbacca found C3PO as he was about to be destroyed by those ugnaugts - so the stormtroopers could have thought that it was enough to throw it out to be destroyed. This was also before Vader announced his presence so the stormtroopers couldn't have been too conspicuous as well.

And finally, these are after all stormtroopers... nuff said right?
Warning - viewer discretion advised

OKK77

Post by OKK77 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:32 pm

He meant after they were captured, C-3PO could have been taken away from Chewbacca.

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:21 pm

My bad. Still, these are stormtroopers right? Or maybe they didn't think that a simple protocol droid could have been made into a weapon or they simply thought less about wookies.
Warning - viewer discretion advised

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:34 pm

Any reason can be equally acceptable...

It does bother me when in Episode I, we find Anakin building C3PO from scratch and in Episode IV to VI, Darth Vader does not appear to recognise C3PO. Therefore I find it wonderful that someone out that can come up with a story to indicate possible continuity.
Find, fix, finish

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:54 pm

guess like, all the droids look the same?

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:12 pm

adamteo wrote:guess like, all the droids look the same?
Don't recall any droid as irritatingly talkative as C3PO. :D
Find, fix, finish

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:09 am

Or who know 6 million languages :mrgreen:
As you can see, my Jedi powers are far beyond yours. Now, back down.

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:51 am

hmm... but there were no scenes in EpIV to VI, where Vader and C-3PO meet :?:

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:01 pm

lhs1701 wrote:Any reason can be equally acceptable...

It does bother me when in Episode I, we find Anakin building C3PO from scratch and in Episode IV to VI, Darth Vader does not appear to recognise C3PO. Therefore I find it wonderful that someone out that can come up with a story to indicate possible continuity.
His brains were proberbly fried at Mustafar :P

Yea they never met!
You are linking them yourself :P
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

Sraye

Post by Sraye » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:07 pm

They didn't technically meet,. but C3PO and DV were in the same room before(carbon freeze chamber). Vader probably would have been thinking just who's this "annoyingly talkative golden garbage" then he may have recognised the voice, then realisation dawns on him... "C3PO?"... only one problem, 3PO doesn't know Vader, he got his memory erased. But I wonder, if 3PO didn't have his memory erased, what would happen when they meet... "The Maker! Oh I am so pleased to see you."
"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we will have revenge."-Darth Maul
"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... And we will have peace..."-Darth Sidious
"If you are not with me, you are my enemy."-Darth Vader

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:14 pm

Sraye wrote:They didn't technically meet,. but C3PO and DV were in the same room before(carbon freeze chamber). Vader probably would have been thinking just who's this "annoyingly talkative golden garbage" then he may have recognised the voice, then realisation dawns on him... "C3PO?"... only one problem, 3PO doesn't know Vader, he got his memory erased. But I wonder, if 3PO didn't have his memory erased, what would happen when they meet... "The Maker! Oh I am so pleased to see you."
Then Vader will kill him immediately for being so talkative like Jar Jar..

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:19 pm

Sraye wrote:They didn't technically meet,. but C3PO and DV were in the same room before(carbon freeze chamber). Vader probably would have been thinking just who's this "annoyingly talkative golden garbage" then he may have recognised the voice, then realisation dawns on him... "C3PO?"... only one problem, 3PO doesn't know Vader, he got his memory erased. But I wonder, if 3PO didn't have his memory erased, what would happen when they meet... "The Maker! Oh I am so pleased to see you."
He would say : Oh my, bless my circuits the maker!
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:23 am

lhs1701, do u mean the side story from starwars tales by Darkhorse?

The story is quite nostalgic... more like padme's words were true in her parting in ROTS.

Anyway... manage to get comic online here.

Click on the pic to enlarge it to it's original size, so that the words are slightly more legible.
TK3835 [Hooters]
501st Legion

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:09 pm

Valentin wrote:lhs1701, do u mean the side story from starwars tales by Darkhorse?

The story is quite nostalgic... more like padme's words were true in her parting in ROTS.

Anyway... manage to get comic online here.

Click on the pic to enlarge it to it's original size, so that the words are slightly more legible.
Yes, that's the one.

Actually I was thinking about Vader recognising R2D2 too although he did not made him but they went through a lot together in I to III and R2 memory was not erased as far as I know.
Find, fix, finish

Return to “Star Wars Episode 5 : The Empire Strikes Back”