now that the saga is complete, any inconsistencies?

Moderators: erase, donleow

feitonglong

now that the saga is complete, any inconsistencies?

Post by feitonglong » Fri May 13, 2005 10:11 am

i guess i'd have to go through the trilogy dvds once again... :lol:

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Sat May 14, 2005 12:04 pm

with GL taking all those years to prepare the prequel... there better be no inconsistencies.... :lol:

adamteo

Post by adamteo » Sat May 14, 2005 12:12 pm

then again, he old liao leh.....forgetfulness sets in...

jedi kai

Post by jedi kai » Sun May 15, 2005 4:05 pm

that's true :lol:

BobaFett

Post by BobaFett » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:00 pm

Today will be the day where I am going to watch EP 4 - 6 all day long. :lol:

Looking forward to the release date of EP3 on DVD. :wink:

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:32 pm

I will be patient. Patience is a virtue.

I will be waiting for special editions, hopefully, extended versions.
Find, fix, finish

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:54 pm

I wouldn't hold your breath Ihs1701. I believe that George Lucas has said that he will only release Episode III and nothing else. No more special editions or anything. Mind you, that can all change.
As you can see, my Jedi powers are far beyond yours. Now, back down.

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:40 am

Count Dooku wrote:I wouldn't hold your breath Ihs1701. I believe that George Lucas has said that he will only release Episode III and nothing else. No more special editions or anything. Mind you, that can all change.
Man, GL has said so much in the past that I can't really believe anything again. Remember the latest bit where he said that he's not going to release Ep I on DVD, then he did. Then he said that he's not going to release the original trilogy on DVDs until the entire saga is complete and then he did. I am sure that there will be more and more specials.
Warning - viewer discretion advised

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:18 pm

Like the Jedi , it looks like GL's words cannot be fully trusted . LOL .

Seriously though, I try to look on the bright side and have a more optimistic perspective ..... that he takes his fans' requests seriously and relents on his old decisions to please his fans .... :wink:

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:10 pm

danchia wrote:..... that he takes his fans' requests seriously and relents on his old decisions to please his fans .... :wink:
hmm, will we get Ep VII, VIII and IX? :wink:

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:27 am

Dranoel wrote:
danchia wrote:..... that he takes his fans' requests seriously and relents on his old decisions to please his fans .... :wink:
hmm, will we get Ep VII, VIII and IX? :wink:
Even if we do, I doubt we get to see this in the next few years.

Currently I believe the Star Wars story has been pitched as an Anakin Skywalker story, his rise and fall. If VII to IX were added, then it would be pitched differently. Different actors and actresses would have to play the role of Luke, Leia and Han.
Find, fix, finish

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:30 pm

The cynic in me has a certain point of view when it comes to Episodes VII to IX but I shall not burden everyone with the cynical view.

However, what one can postulate is that there is a possibility in the future, especially when you consider how old GL is now, that the rights may fall in the hands of a corporation who will then see the market potential to exploit it further.

This is especially so when copyright in the SW galaxy will continue to reside with the estate of GL for 70 years after his death. Now that's a long time!

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:16 am

Gandalf Fett wrote:The cynic in me has a certain point of view when it comes to Episodes VII to IX but I shall not burden everyone with the cynical view.

Oh Gandalf , please share with us your view .... you always have an extremely interesting perspective, and cynical or otherwise, it is always great to hear from you. :)

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:32 pm

I typed out my response as to what my cynical view is and was going on and on until I realise that my view is potentially defamatory and decided to not go on. So to spare me the pain of a law suit, I don't think that I will want to go into that in any further details.

Anyway, I hope that there will be a VII to IX like the rest of us. I look forward to the TV projects but not with the same passion as I used to anymore. Sigh.... sad right?

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:19 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:I typed out my response as to what my cynical view is and was going on and on until I realise that my view is potentially defamatory and decided to not go on. So to spare me the pain of a law suit, I don't think that I will want to go into that in any further details.

I understand , gandalf. You can always pm me . LOL :wink:

Anyway, I hope that there will be a VII to IX like the rest of us. I look forward to the TV projects but not with the same passion as I used to anymore. Sigh.... sad right?
Definitely. THAT is exactly how I feel . The 3 year wait between the films ( not to mention the 18 year wait between the classic trilogy and prequels ) was excruciating, but at least there was something to look forward to with great passion and expectation.

That feeling has all but fizzled out, and that is sad . TV projects just don't seem to invoke the same kind of passion that feature films do .

:cry:

Return to “Star Wars Episode 4 : A New Hope”