How fast do you read your SW books?

Moderators: adamteo, Paul K

JohnTaylor

How fast do you read your SW books?

Post by JohnTaylor » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:38 pm

Hi all,

I find that SG doesnt usually get the books until 1 to 2 months (often longer) after it is released in the US.

From time to time, if there are a whole bunch of books (inc SW and others) I want to read but not in SG, I order via amazon.

I was wondering how soon you grab your copy of the latest Star Wars novels in SG.

For those of you who keep an eye onthis forum, you will realise I have advertised books which are the very latest, yet no one has said anything.

Is everyone so quick off the mark that they have already read them??? :)

May the Force be with you, always.

JT
There is no try, only do.

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:31 pm

I buy only what is available in S'pore bookshops. usually I take my time, as these novels will not run out as fast as collectibles. Sometimes if lucky have coupons or entire store 20-30% off then grab some.

To be frank, I bought about 4-5 novels, have yet to finish them. I have no free time currently...

Darth_Psyko

Post by Darth_Psyko » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:28 am

I try to get em as fast as possible myself. But I'm still only an NSF so some months are very dry, 'specially since I just went for the Maxonline 360 offer.

If I'm not wrong, I've got most, if not all NJO books, majority of original series.

Right now what I really wanna get are Outbound and The Legacy Series.

But thats gonna have to wait a biiit longer
Who's scruffy lookin?!

donleow

Post by donleow » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:32 pm

the fastest way to read is to buy the comics and read it ...at least from my perception...
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

freefly

Post by freefly » Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:24 pm

Usually read my novels in a few days. Was actually waiting for the legacy novels but unfortunately they took so long to come. If i'm not wrong, betrayal & bloodlines both just arrived. Am currently too busy to embark on any reading though
Release the Good!

Jar

Post by Jar » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:05 pm

I would read the Books when I get them cause I usually have read most of the Spoilers at Other Forums so I tend to take my time to buy and read them, would usually finish a Book in 3-4 days if no interruptions. The Books usually comes about 2-3 weeks after the US release here in SG.8) 8) 8) 8)
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful... the strong... the weak... the innocent... the corrupt. Fear is my ally."

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:08 am

I sometimes find books to be a chore to read as I like my stuff in a short and succient manner. I tend not to have a lot of time to read, which is not good. Reading is good, don't get me wrong. Plus, I like picture so comics work for me too. :D

Jar

Post by Jar » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:20 am

It sure is a chore but once u get started u just dont want to stop unless like I said Interruptionsssss always happenssss. I find Comics easier to read, understand and ends Fast unlike books. 8) 8)
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful... the strong... the weak... the innocent... the corrupt. Fear is my ally."

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:09 am

I'm also an elchaep-o so I buy my novels used from the marketplace at amazon.

area503

Post by area503 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:46 pm

I started out with clone wars novels, then go farther back. I usually get them from borders, kino or MPH. But most of them came from ProSaint Bookstore at Bras Brasah Complex. I just finished the NJO, so you can say i buy novels at my reading pace. =P

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:06 pm

I am having problems finishing my novels fast nowadays.... I am still reading Outbound Flight after almost a month haha.... :shock:

StrikeEagle

Post by StrikeEagle » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:26 pm

donleow wrote:the fastest way to read is to buy the comics and read it ...at least from my perception...
I wish they will turn all those EU novels into graphic novels.

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:22 am

Haha i'm glad I have a reading speed of above lightspeed in my opinion. I've got all the prequel novels except for the latest ones and 10 JA books. Can finish a JA book in 5 mins.

Jar

Post by Jar » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:06 am

Speeed Reeeeading is Cool but for me I would prefer the Slooooow Reeeead cause it builds up the excitement as you read and learn patience unlike the Speed ones which gave a sense of I m Done Already then u look for something else to read quickly, only good for studying and exams period but I only used it to read magazines fast nowadays.hehehehe 8) 8)

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:36 pm

no means you can read more times. I read all the books i buy at least more than 5 times. And speed reading was only utilised on Outbound flight where i finished it in 15 mins cos I ahd to go somewhere after the lib and had a full borrowing capacity.

Return to “The Novels”