Who here thought Count Dooku died too easily

Moderators: adamteo, dranoel

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:39 pm

Granted, none of the other Jedi Masters with Mace Windu had ever fought a Sith, they were still suppose to be some of the best swordsmen the Jedi had. They should have lasted longer than what? 1 minute???
As you can see, my Jedi powers are far beyond yours. Now, back down.

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:13 pm

Count Dooku wrote:Granted, none of the other Jedi Masters with Mace Windu had ever fought a Sith, they were still suppose to be some of the best swordsmen the Jedi had. They should have lasted longer than what? 1 minute???
More like 30 seconds ! :shock: :D

So much for their skills at fighting :?

That was so disappointing . I think the Jedi fighting lasted a little longer in Attack of the Clones, but not much better . :roll:

Perhaps Lucas will release an extended version like Peter Jackson did for each of his LOTR trilogy films , but I wouldn't hold my breath too long for it..... :x

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:49 pm

Don't hold your breath Danchia, which is a pity really. If you read the novel of Episode III, you find that the flow of events make sense and don't have this rushed feel to it.

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:28 pm

I am rather disappointed as I do feel that GL played out the Master Jedi

These Jedi are veterans and legends in their own right and have adventures getting out of impossible odds. I can accept that they will eventually be defeated by Palpatine but shouldn't they be given the right to be defeated with more dignity? These Master Jedi deserve to die with more dignity and not so easily and lightly.
Find, fix, finish

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:40 pm

I agree with u, lhs1701, except for one jedi ... the old typical Librarian in the Jedi Temple (ep.2) ! ... hehe :lol:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:12 am

Dr EMH wrote:I agree with u, lhs1701, except for one jedi ... the old typical Librarian in the Jedi Temple (ep.2) ! ... hehe :lol:
Not all Jedi were legends in their own rights, however, it is quite safe to say those from the Jedi Council were.

Those who weren't, choose to serve the Force in their own quiet ways.
Find, fix, finish

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:23 pm

Is the mean-looking librarian a Jedi too? ... I can't really imagine SHE is a Jedi Knight! ... hehe :lol:

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:46 pm

She was a Jedi Knight and she still carries her lightsaber.

masterjamous

Post by masterjamous » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:11 am

Count Dooku wrote:She was a Jedi Knight and she still carries her lightsaber.

Herr Dooku, would you happen to know the name of this librarian?

Intriguing, could she have been Winter by any chance, do you think?
ImageImageImage

Count Dooku

Post by Count Dooku » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:21 am

I believe her name was Jocasta Nu.

Tomcat

Post by Tomcat » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:20 am

Count Dooku wrote:Mace Windu lightsaber is purple because Samual Jackson asked for a different colour. There is a scene in the extras in Episode II DVD where Samual Jackson is asking George Lucas about lightsaber colours. Georges goes, Jedi are green and blue and Sith are red, to which Samual Jackson says, "yeah, but could I have a purple one". The rest is history :wink:

Another reason is that Jackson wants Windu with purple saber to stand out more fm the rest of the Jedis welding green & blue. Afterall, Windu is the second best swordman (after Yoda). I guess Yoda wud not mind a green saber, afterall again, he's green :lol:

I also feel the Jedi masters shud last bit longer. Poor Kolar & Saesee never even cross swords with Sidious. Only Fisto manages to block one blow b4 also kana chopped. Very jialut leh! Even though the Jedis never fight a Sith for millenum, so are the Siths never fight a Jedi.
"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the force"

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:05 am

Tomcat wrote:
Count Dooku wrote:Mace Windu lightsaber is purple because Samual Jackson asked for a different colour. There is a scene in the extras in Episode II DVD where Samual Jackson is asking George Lucas about lightsaber colours. Georges goes, Jedi are green and blue and Sith are red, to which Samual Jackson says, "yeah, but could I have a purple one". The rest is history :wink:

Another reason is that Jackson wants Windu with purple saber to stand out more fm the rest of the Jedis welding green & blue. Afterall, Windu is the second best swordman (after Yoda). I guess Yoda wud not mind a green saber, afterall again, he's green :lol:

I also feel the Jedi masters shud last bit longer. Poor Kolar & Saesee never even cross swords with Sidious. Only Fisto manages to block one blow b4 also kana chopped. Very jialut leh! Even though the Jedis never fight a Sith for millenum, so are the Siths never fight a Jedi.
True Jedi never fought Sith and vice versa but these Jedi from the Jedi Council are legends in their own rights because of their performance in carrying out missions that distinguish them. Along the way, I believe they have plenty of chance to use the light sabre.
Find, fix, finish

Tomcat

Post by Tomcat » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:11 pm

The Jedis mainly use the lightsabers to deflect blasters in their missions. So they are not accustomed to real sword fighting. My guess is the Siths in preparing for a comeback, hv trained & honed their lightsaber skills. They really came in more prepared than the Jedis.

Rembr in Ep1, Qui Gon was quite taken back by Dark Maul's attack in Tatooine, almost lose his ground. Then in subsequent fight at Naboo with Obiwan, he was more prepared for it.
"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant, next to the power of the force"

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:15 pm

Tomcat wrote:Rembr in Ep1, Qui Gon was quite taken back by Dark Maul's attack in Tatooine, almost lose his ground...
Like little Anakin said, no one has killed a Jedi before ... that's why Qui Gon lower his guard. :wink:

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:31 pm

Tomcat wrote:The Jedis mainly use the lightsabers to deflect blasters in their missions. So they are not accustomed to real sword fighting. My guess is the Siths in preparing for a comeback, hv trained & honed their lightsaber skills. They really came in more prepared than the Jedis.

Rembr in Ep1, Qui Gon was quite taken back by Dark Maul's attack in Tatooine, almost lose his ground. Then in subsequent fight at Naboo with Obiwan, he was more prepared for it.
I take it that Qui Gon was rather shocked that he encountered a Sith and it is clear the Qui Gon is also getting old. He was clearly out of breath.
Find, fix, finish

Return to “Star Wars Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith”