Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda

News from our Star Trek and Movie Mania friends .... oh and any thing about Science Fiction in Singapore!

Moderators: Paul K, hbng

Impulse

Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda

Post by Impulse » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:15 pm

From Season 1 to Season 5 TV series!

Any fans/High Guards down here?

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:05 pm

Count me in.

I have only seen a few episodes of Season 1.
Find, fix, finish

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:57 pm

Watched it on and off, mostly for Lexa Doig...most of it don't make sense to me...

Much prefer farscape :P

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:34 pm

Yeah baby! Yea welcome abroad lhs1701!

Heehee, Plo u also like Lexa Doig ah? Wasted she's married liao...haha :twisted:

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:11 pm

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:Watched it on and off, mostly for Lexa Doig...most of it don't make sense to me...

Much prefer farscape :P
For your information, we have Farscape fans in the Star Trek group as well, however, we have yet to share it via watching it yet.

There are also Stargate fans, anime fans, BSG fans, 4400 fans, etc.

I believe I am the only Dr Who fan.
Find, fix, finish

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:27 pm

I find Stargate very intersting. But I don't have the resources to see it. How i wish i could watch US Sci-fi channel in singapore.

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:57 pm

Commander Faie wrote:I find Stargate very intersting. But I don't have the resources to see it.
I download all my SG episodes on bittorrent :wink:

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:39 pm

This is the Andromeda Ascendant, the tenth Glorious Heritage-class heavy cruiser, High Guard ship of the line. The most impressive. Armed with many stretegic and deadly weapons, i think it's really no kick VS one Imperial Class Star Destroyer. To understand how powerful this ship is, look at Season 5 finale.

And this is (drool)... the avatar of the AI of Andromeda. Without her, the ship won't be that smart and powerful... (drool)... :wink:

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:59 pm

Somehow I'm not very impressed with Andromeda when it comes to defending itself. It constantly get boarded, infiltrated and had to, in numerous occassions, go into slipstream to escape.

And that 'starburst' way of deploying its ordinance is highly ineffective. And where's the phaser/laser/death ray?

And no shields/deflector?!?!?!

Or maybe I didn't notice any of that because like I said I watch it because of Lexa Doig? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:56 pm

Infiltrated? because of the magogs isit? The magogs little ships reminds me of structures of viruses and how they penetrate living cells.
In fact u throw one star detroyer the magogs also can infiltrate that star destroyer by sending a swarm of them and punching the hull.

Which starburst?

Andromeda Do have shields! Pretty heavy armopured and shielded.

:wink:

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:51 pm

Commander Faie wrote:Infiltrated? because of the magogs isit? The magogs little ships reminds me of structures of viruses and how they penetrate living cells.
In fact u throw one star detroyer the magogs also can infiltrate that star destroyer by sending a swarm of them and punching the hull.

Which starburst?

Andromeda Do have shields! Pretty heavy armopured and shielded.

:wink:
Not just infiltrated by magogs, but seem everyone can get onboard easily...seems every few episodes they get boarded one, or gets captured...*sigh* :roll:

The starburst effect when they launch their misiles/torpedoes or whatever you call it...instead of shooting one after another they shoot all at once and hope to hit something...usuallly they hit nothing...

Got shields ah? can't see leh...everytime they get hit the explosion is right on the ship and doesn't look like there's a protective shielding...maybe too used to Star Trek effects..he he he...

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:15 pm

Got shields. You just refer to dialouge at the first season. They did mention it.

Starburst ah? go ask the director la...

infiltration usually occurs in some episodes because of the same High Guard identification, other than that I couldn't remember. Oh btw the first 2 seasons look how little crew in one big ship. of course have to use AI dolely to defend the whole thing. That's when security guards are required. Or my idea is... just blame Bob Engels lah. He took over season 3 to 5 and screw up the whole storyline...

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:59 pm

Note for all Andromeda fans or interested folks!

Channel AXN a.k.a. Ch19

Every Weekdays...
8am or 1pm or 7pm

catch the season finale a.k.a. Season 5! :wink:

Tomorrow's episode 3...

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:43 pm

what to do ... they only hav half a dozen of crew onboard the entire starship. :roll:
Plo Strax-Avix wrote:Somehow I'm not very impressed with Andromeda when it comes to defending itself. It constantly get boarded, infiltrated and had to, in numerous occassions, go into slipstream to escape.
btw, library@esplanade has quite a good collection of Andromeda. 8)
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:50 am

Dr EMH wrote:what to do ... they only hav half a dozen of crew onboard the entire starship. :roll:
Plo Strax-Avix wrote:Somehow I'm not very impressed with Andromeda when it comes to defending itself. It constantly get boarded, infiltrated and had to, in numerous occassions, go into slipstream to escape.
btw, library@esplanade has quite a good collection of Andromeda. 8)
and u know it, the capacity of the ship is actually meant for thousands and thousands of crew...haha

but if u see season 4, there are some newly recruited casual crewmates on the ship, which at the last episode of season 4 they all died or evacuated.

Return to “Science Fiction, alive and well”