Galactic Federation of Free Alliances

Moderators: adamteo, Paul K

cbcb34

Galactic Federation of Free Alliances

Post by cbcb34 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:23 pm

Do you think Cal Omas, the last Chief of State of the New Republic and the first Chief of State of the Galactic Alliance should have proposed this federation? Please make your comments.
The Jedi have been the protectors of the Galactic Republic for a thousand generations.

freefly

Post by freefly » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:15 pm

I don't see why not. The title 'New Republic' carries with it too much bad connotations with regards to how the goverment was run during Borsk's term. The Galactic Alliance sounds nice & it represents a fresh begining
Release the Good!

Keiran_Halcyon

Post by Keiran_Halcyon » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:39 pm

But i cant help but feeling that Cal Omas became the bad guy in the darknest trilogy. the author made him into a character that i feel that was too palpatine-like in some of his actions and words.

sithlordcbw

Post by sithlordcbw » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:23 pm

yeah and he dosen't seem to be a strong ally of the Jedi anymore, unlike in NJO, maybe power has made him arrogant...
If you're not with me,

then you're my enemy.

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:37 am

Here, we have this group call Jedi, who will not answer to any authority. They do what they like and when queried says they have larger concerns. Also they are very powerful and influential.

If you are the Head, what would you do?

Would you be afraid of losing control?

Would you be afraid of one member of such a group going rogue?

Would you make attempts to reel them in and put them under your control?
Find, fix, finish

Jar

Post by Jar » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:43 am

Or maybe he is like Palpatine, very secretive and not much is known about his background just like the Emperor, he now has the political power
and probably waiting for his apprentice to emerge? Just my 2 cent think
about that? I have!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :? :? :?

Darth_Psyko

Post by Darth_Psyko » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:10 am

lhs1701
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:37 am Post subject:
Here, we have this group call Jedi, who will not answer to any authority. They do what they like and when queried says they have larger concerns. Also they are very powerful and influential.

If you are the Head, what would you do?

Would you be afraid of losing control?

Would you be afraid of one member of such a group going rogue?

Would you make attempts to reel them in and put them under your control?

Welllll.....there definitely is merit to that. Its obvious he's tryin to bring the Jedi back into the fold, but part of how he's actin is like the Jedi is the Chief of State own private weapon. That said...there should have been more communication and transparency between the Jedi masters themselves, and the council and the Galactic Alliance. They may have a higher mandate to the force....and while it worked out this time, it bring to mind the Sith Wars, the Mandaloran Wars and what not.
Who's scruffy lookin?!

Return to “The Novels”