Usher In the Year Of The Dog with ULTRA-COLLECTIBLE coin !

The mega event that came to our sunny island !

Moderators: erase, danchia

Nordic TS0842

Post by Nordic TS0842 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:38 am

SoloFalcon wrote: Page 58 Gentle Giant C3PO Bust $96 (not discounted right?)
Sorry a bit offtopic: is there any limitation with bust like that? I mean if I pay myself inside the expo and do want' to buy two of those limited ed C3PO:s?

Also what else "AoSW Singapore Edition" stuff can be found from expo? Posters perhaps? I'm also waiting for that deluxe version of exhibition book...

Oh, I still have some three weeks till I get there. Can't wait! :oops:
// 501st Legion Nordic Garrison \\
TS - ID - TK - TR 0842

SoloFalcon

Post by SoloFalcon » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:12 am

The stuff are sold by a store outside the exhibtion area.
Trust me princess~

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:49 am

SoloFalcon wrote:The stuff are sold by a store outside the exhibtion area.
True, you do not need to visit the exhibition and can still buy the busts, any number you want, unlike the coin which comes with the ticket to the AOSW exhibition.
Find, fix, finish

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:22 pm

For infos, the Medellion is still being given out for every Adult or Family ticket (while stocks last I guess) but PLEASE redeem it at The Annex Ticketing Counter before 5.15pm on all days and 8.15pm on Fri so you'll surely get it. ;)

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:22 pm

Haldir wrote:For infos, the Medellion is still being given out for every Adult or Family ticket (while stocks last I guess) but PLEASE redeem it at The Annex Ticketing Counter before 5.15pm on all days and 8.15pm on Fri so you'll surely get it. ;)
You do this redeeming when you get the tickets at the entrance near McDonald, however if you buy the tickets just outside the AOSW exhibition, you can get it immediately.
Find, fix, finish

Nordic TS0842

Post by Nordic TS0842 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:14 am

I almost forgot that medallion, but kind staff of exhibition did remind me to get it from the counter. It's nice.

Also got few AoSW postcards and whacked with lightsabre on photobooth. Couple of AoSW books got also good home and few other stuff from exhibition shop.
However biggest and heaviest thing I bought from Singapore was Star Wars Chronicles The Prequels -book from Kinokuniya-store. Oh, I'm happy with that book. :D
TS - ID - TK - TR 0842

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:36 am

Nordic TS0842 wrote:I almost forgot that medallion, but kind staff of exhibition did remind me to get it from the counter. It's nice.

Also got few AoSW postcards and whacked with lightsabre on photobooth. Couple of AoSW books got also good home and few other stuff from exhibition shop.
However biggest and heaviest thing I bought from Singapore was Star Wars Chronicles The Prequels -book from Kinokuniya-store. Oh, I'm happy with that book. :D
I am so pleased to hear that you had a great time, and that you brought back with you some cool collectibles .

Did you manage to take some nice pictures to share with us ? And what did you think of the exhibition itself ? :)

daniel

Nordic TS0842

Post by Nordic TS0842 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:27 am

First of all, the exhibition was arranged very professional way. Not too tight places to see items and segmenting the exhibition to diff episodes was a good thing. Like the same Art of SW exhibition we did have on Finland few years back, everything was mixed and it maybe did confuse some of visitors.

Costumes were cool. Miniature models was my favorites and specially that HUGE stardestroyer! We had on Finland original Superstardestroyer Executor model and oh boy, it was awesome. Sad that Singapore didn't have it.

My second fav was the both of ROTJ mattepaintings of Death Star II hangars. So amazing details... I could imagine how many hours that took to paint. Exhibition with bright spotlight caused, that such a huge painting was hard to capture with camera.

Yes, I took tons of pics. When those are sorted, I could share with you my friends. Lucky you to have such a great exhibition. Go and see it many times as possible! :wink:
TS - ID - TK - TR 0842

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:51 am

Nordic TS0842 wrote:First of all, the exhibition was arranged very professional way. Not too tight places to see items and segmenting the exhibition to diff episodes was a good thing. Like the same Art of SW exhibition we did have on Finland few years back, everything was mixed and it maybe did confuse some of visitors.

Costumes were cool. Miniature models was my favorites and specially that HUGE stardestroyer! We had on Finland original Superstardestroyer Executor model and oh boy, it was awesome. Sad that Singapore didn't have it.
Wow, nordic ... that would have been amazing ! Too bad we didn't have it... it's probably gone back to the Lucasfilm archives. Do you have any photos of it ? :)
My second fav was the both of ROTJ mattepaintings of Death Star II hangars. So amazing details... I could imagine how many hours that took to paint. Exhibition with bright spotlight caused, that such a huge painting was hard to capture with camera.
Yes, those were incredible ! Did you take 10 steps back and look at the paintings from a distance ? They looked absolutely 3 dimensional , which was how they appeared in the actual movie. Just amazing ! They don't do matt paintings like that any more, since everything is done using CGI , so that was definitely worth seeing. A piece of film history !
Yes, I took tons of pics. When those are sorted, I could share with you my friends. Lucky you to have such a great exhibition. Go and see it many times as possible! :wink:
Great, my friend, we'll be looking forward to your pics !

Exhibition is sadly ending soon .... gotta go see it again ! :D

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:48 pm

I still got the coin on thurs! Woohoo!

Red_Fox2006

Post by Red_Fox2006 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:32 pm

LOL!!I WENT TO THE ART OF STAR WARS ALREADY LEHH..
If i go again...Than i waste money just to go get coin...*Sob Sob*..Ohh now i know why..I went last year LOL!!!!!!!!
Also...My friend got the Coin on thursday too...Dangnabbbit...It looks so cool...*Leaps at friend* NOOOOO!!! *Force pulls the coin from Darsha Assant* ME WANTY!!!! *Charges into AOSW*
The difference between heresy and treachery is ignorance.

Faith is Eternal.

cardz_house

Post by cardz_house » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:11 pm

Darsha Assant wrote:I still got the coin on thurs! Woohoo!
Yep, they still got loads more left. Seems pple not tempted by this promotion to travel all the way there and pay for the coin. I didn't go again too but got the coin from a online seller for $5.

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:39 am

$5? :shock: OMG! It's not even the cost price! :shock:

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:19 pm

Just saw the AoSW@SSC Coin avail for sale at CashConverters at Jurong East ... at S$2.00 only (complete with cover).

Over 10+ sets at the counter ... anyone interested, pls go grab them all up.
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:54 pm

Haahaahaa....wonder if I should. ;)

Like 10 not enough liao! :P

Return to “Star Wars Exhibition at the Singapore Science Centre”