TV: The Clone Wars Animated 3D Singapore UPDATE

Moderators: adamteo, Paul K

bobafett81

TV: The Clone Wars Animated 3D Singapore UPDATE

Post by bobafett81 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:51 am

Lucasfilm's Head of Fan Relations Steve Sansweet announced that the new Lucasfilm Animation division is open for business. "I'm very excited to be able to break the news to you here this afternoon that preproduction has begun on the next generation of the Star Wars saga, a cutting edge 30-minute, 3-D computer-animation series based on the Clone Wars that take place between Episode II ... and Episode III."

The new series, Sansweet explained, is planned for a TV debut in the Fall of 2007. "To get the series underway, Lucasfilm Animation has hired key production and creative talent to lead the development of its first animation project," said Sansweet. "Gail Currey, who's the Vice President and General Manager of Lucasfilm Animation couldn't be here today, but she asked me to tell you that the early episodic treatments for the series are absolutely amazing, and that she can't wait to share this treat with Star Wars fans."

Sansweet described the look of the new series as a melding of Asian anime with unique 3-D animation styling. He identified key members of the new television team. Executive Producer of the series will be Catherine Winder, whose credits include Ice Age, "Aeon Flux," and "Spawn." Also hired is Dave Filoni, whose credits include "Avatar: The Last Airbender." The Head of Lucasfilm Animation's Singapore location, where a lot of the animation work will take place, will be Chris Kubsch. His credits include the ILM animated short Work in Progress, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and Titanic.

"Also on board is a guy who is already familiar to many Star Wars fans," said Sansweet. It's Henry Gilroy, who wrote the Dark Horse comic adaptations of both Episodes I and II.

"Over the next several years, Lucasfilm Animation will be hiring a total of about 300 digital artists and others in both [California and Singapore] locations to produce not only the series and animated feature films in the years ahead," said Sansweet.

http://www.starwars.com/community/event ... dexp5.html

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:59 pm

I wonder if there are any positions opened in Singapore that I can apply for. Wouldn't it be just so cool to work for GL? I wonder how the pay is like there? :lol: :D
Warning - viewer discretion advised

Nordic TS0842

Post by Nordic TS0842 » Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:25 am

Does anybody know where on Singapore these studios are located? Would be nice to go there and pose near Lucasfilm-sign for souvenir picture. 8)

The official site does not reveal this secret:

http://www.lucasfilm.com/divisions/animation/
// 501st Legion Nordic Garrison \\
TS - ID - TK - TR 0842

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:25 pm

only managed to find out that it is in Changi Business Park...
http://www.edb.gov.sg/edb/sg/en_uk/inde ... apore.html

Anyone else has more precise address?

by the way, Nordic TS0842, is this you? http://www.501st.com/members/displaymem ... ostumeID=3
I think it would be cool (no pun intended) if you turn up to view the Exhibition in Singapore wearing that :D

Nordic TS0842

Post by Nordic TS0842 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:46 am

Yes, that's me! :wink: I'm afraid the costume is far too heavy to take with me into Singapore. I do have proper box for aeroplanes, but it's so hard to move and carry with me.
However I do always have my Imperial Officer hat with me around the world. Where ever I go, it follows me. 8)

Thanks for info about that business park. If I have time and it's somewhere near of my way, I will try to locate that LFL Studio.
// 501st Legion Nordic Garrison \\
TS - ID - TK - TR 0842

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:49 pm

Finally SOME news about the new series:

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/ ... 443978.cfm

But don't hold your breath just yet, further delays are expected...

Post by 9 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:32 pm

im still wondering if they would hire...lol

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:53 am

WOW!!! Will this hit the US??? I gotta watch it!!!

freefly

Post by freefly » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:16 pm

Updates!

From IESB.net
He tells us about a new character we will see in the upcoming animated series that takes place during the Clone wars. Her name is Osoka (this is a phonetic spelling, after all, with Lucas and his spelling magic it will probably be Osaakua or something like that), she is a young Padawan learner, it's her first assignment and she's very young. she's a little Togruta, the same species as Shaak Ti from Episodes II and III.

The animated series will take place between Episodes I and II so Darth Vader will not be Darth Vader yet, so we will not see him slaughtering any more Jedi.

We may see Boba Fett, but he will still be a little kid.

From theforce.net
He’s very excited about the animated 3D Clone Wars TV series. He is trying to recreate the ambiance of a SW film in cartoon form – “there won’t be anything on TV like it� – it’ll be “smart ass comedy with contemporary humor.� It won’t be dealing with the Skywalker story. The emphasis is on freedom to portray anything they feel like; for instance some episodes are just about clonetroopers, another features as the main character Kit Fisto. He’s going to make 100 episodes, doesn’t have a network yet.
Release the Good!

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:06 am

Oh boy. Finally something worth watching. :lol: As I asked before, will this release in the US? If it doesn't wil someone post it on youtube for me? :D I'd love you to death. :) 8) :lol:

freefly

Post by freefly » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:23 am

Certainly will be available in the US :). It's just now being produced in-house here in Singapore.

A cool new pic. Yoda!
Release the Good!

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:09 pm

CUUUUUUTE! It's even cuter than the clone wars cartoon one woooooo

freefly

Post by freefly » Fri May 18, 2007 6:49 pm

Another reveal. Yoda has a Stewie Griffin look to him somehow.
Release the Good!

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Fri May 18, 2007 8:12 pm

Anakin's hair looks rather short. And who's that green sabred person?

freefly

Post by freefly » Sat May 19, 2007 10:43 am

Could she be Osoka?

Anakin looks creepy while the Arc Trooper actually has the same early markings found on Boba Fett's helmet.

Release the Good!

Return to “The Animated TV series and TV specials”