TCW Season 4

Moderators: adamteo, Paul K

assjedi

TCW Season 4

Post by assjedi » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:40 am

What are your thoughts on this?

Mine:

It's definitely darker than the previous seasons and so far, apart from the "Nomad Droids" episode, this season is really awesome.

There wasn't an episode last week and I'm eagerly waiting for this week's.
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

jedi7

Post by jedi7 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:27 pm

heh, dark it is...the ep 1, 2 & 3 is too dark, visually! can't make it a bit clearer meh!

4th ok good, 5th & 6th like reading the Droids comics! ok lah...7 should be good, saw the trailer at
http://www.starwars.com/explore/the-clone-wars/
A jedi's ally is the FORce, his strength flows from IT.

jenki

Post by jenki » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:10 pm

darkness on umbara is kind of....

i tot ARCs are supposed to be capable of taking on jedis one-on-one

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:59 pm

true but the ARCs are supposed to obey the commands of the Jedi who are their generals. These clones are loyal.

Darkness on Umbara imho is just a setup to a great ep this coming week.
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."

jedi7

Post by jedi7 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:37 am

I WAS looking forward to Ep7, but after watching I had a sickening feeling. It spoilt my day yesterday!

I know the clones were treated as 2nd class, just war tools by other human generals, BUT NOT by the jedi knights. To see a jedi did that to clones, ESPECIALLY to my Capt REX & ARC Fives, that jedi ought to lose his head!

A jedi may be a poor general, as in Tarkin's opinion, due to their restraints on being fair, neutral & against violence / revenge. NOT a poor leader in one who does not care about the men.

I love jedi & their ways, but the jedi in the clone wars, as in Yoda's words, many have gone arrogant due to the war. I guess that's why, with the war & the help of Palpatine's shroud on them, they became weak & useless & braggers. I think it was justifiable that the 'mistreated' clones were the ones to slay their poor jedi leaders.

Compare the jedi in the old republic & the later ones after Planet Ossus, the latter sucks in comparison by far...in the likes of Nomi Sunrider & Ulic Qel Droma's era.

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:25 am

Actually only Anakin cared about the clones much, most of the jedi didn't like the clones at all, after all they are mandalorian~
There are even jedi who don't use clones at all and rely purely on local militia during the war

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:38 pm

The shining example in TCW is Kenobi. He doesn't get to close to his clones for fear of attachments and attachments is what brought Anakin to the Dark Side. But Kenobi calls his clones by names instead of numbers.

Kenobi, best Jedi ever!

jedi7

Post by jedi7 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:02 pm

Yes the mandalorians have been the Jedi knights so called enemies for ages. And Jedis & attachments are a no no.

But if you are a jedi leading the local militia for example, the jedi still have to think of the lives coz the soldiers look up to u for a leadership better than a normal person.

Anakin & his attachments is his story. But as a general view, Kenobi knows it but distance himself away as the conflict of the mysterious reason why the clones were made & that there are of mandolarian blood / heritage. So in a way Kenobi is wiser in that.

SO guys, we're back to the arguments made by Tarkin on why Jedi should not lead in the war or be generals leading armies as there are, in a way monks if I may say so, monks of peace & justice. Even Kenobi's 'girlfren', the dutchess of Mandalore criticised Kenobi for calling himself a Jedi knight or Master Jedi but leading the war.

All I can say is Palpatine had a good plan; to force the Jedis to go to war to strip them of their values & ways...further them apart & weakened them so he could enjoy watching the Jedi culture die a painful, slow death. A sith lord would be extremely happy to see that!

Hiro

Post by Hiro » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:33 pm

Very similar to how the Jedi council fell during the Old Republic, how Revan literally split the Jedi into 2 factors.
Also shown during the New Order where several masters like Corran Horn and other Masters' having conflicting values of what a Jedi is.

Personally I do agree with Tarkin on Jedi being generals, being how Jedis can't stoop to any resort to win a battle.

Though there are espionage missions performed my some of the Jedis and stuff

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:26 pm

recent episode paid homage to the scene on Jabba's barge over the Sarlacc pit in ROTJ.

Nice.

Return to “The Animated TV series and TV specials”