Republic commando triple zero.

Moderators: adamteo, Paul K

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:08 pm

Has anybody seen both RC books in stores? I know I'm a little late but thought I'll try and pick them up to read.

Darth_Psyko

Post by Darth_Psyko » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:36 am

Its a fab book, ain't it? I haven't had a chance to read Hard Contact yet, but since there's new stock around i'll probably be gettin it soon enough.

Once you've gamed and read RC stuff, you just can't go back to seeing the universe when all you did was wave a shiny stick.

Spoiler Warning (sort of)

Isn't the last part where all of them go on a Mando hunt brilliant? Imagine if the new TV series had that sequence, the initial shot of all of them leaving the balcon suited up in various types of Mandalorian armor would be breath taking. *longing sigh*
Who's scruffy lookin?!

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:57 am

I read on another forum that in sequence, one should read Hard Contact first. Is that true?

area503

Post by area503 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:50 pm

yup, that's rite. But i would suggest you read hard contact, play the SW republic commandoes game, then read triple zero. You will then get a better picture. But do note that the game spaned over both novels, take care not to confuse yourself. =)

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:24 am

I've completed the game and am looking into picking up Hard Contact. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep a clear path.

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:17 pm

I strongly think that the books were done very well, the feelings that each clone had were very moving, like that of the Clone who had the fake limbs. (Forgot his name, Corr, i think?) How he was very proud to serve with both commando teams and the Null-Arcs, I felt that moment before the big bust on the terroist cell was very moving, Seeing as how A jedi was also incorperated into that part, wearing that of a Mando's Armor, Ironic on part that they were bitter enimies years, and years before. During the Mandolorian Wars. 8)

AquaFire

Post by AquaFire » Wed May 30, 2007 6:50 pm

I heard the third instalment of Republic Commando's going to be launched come October this year. Maybe I won't have enough money, but I will find a way to get to the book...
Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, n'jurkad!
Watch my back and I'll watch yours, ner vod.
I'll do requests for clone signatures...

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Thu May 31, 2007 5:20 am

Mmhm, They're going to be two or three more books in the series, I'm ordering ever single One. LoL. I <3 Karrin Traivs, she's a GREAT Star Wars novelest.

AquaFire

Post by AquaFire » Thu May 31, 2007 1:47 pm

Regardless of the shortage in funds, I will have my way and every single RC book shall be read by me... I was hoping Wikipedia was wrong and the 3rd RC book would come out earlier.
Ke nu jurkad sha Mando'ade, n'jurkad!
Watch my back and I'll watch yours, ner vod.
I'll do requests for clone signatures...

StrikeEagle

Post by StrikeEagle » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:25 pm

Arc_Trooper71 wrote:Mmhm, They're going to be two or three more books in the series, I'm ordering ever single One. LoL. I <3 Karrin Traivs, she's a GREAT Star Wars novelest.
More RC books??? That is very good news indeed!

Return to “The Novels”