Review: Star Wars Republic #79-80

Moderators: adamteo, Paul K

feitonglong

Review: Star Wars Republic #79-80

Post by feitonglong » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:01 am

The aftermath of Order 66 had many Jedi Generals slashed in numbers, nevertheless there are still a plentiful who escaped their fate through sheer luck, skill and also those who left the Order because of the Clone Wars.

This set introduces a few new characters, Jedi Master Kai Hudorra and a padawan Noirah Na whose Master sacrified herself for their escape in Toola, Outer Rim; and Jedi Master Dass Jennir in New Plympto... both masters, despite the warning for all Jedis to go into hiding, went back to the Jedi Temple for hopes that they will find answers and help back in the Capital City Coruscant... however after witnessing how the new Stormtroopers killed a Jedi (one of those who went back as well) who stood up, these masters knew that there was no Jedi Order any longer... Hudorra gave up his lightsaber and urged Noirah to live a new life forgetting what she'd learned in the Temple while Jennir went back to New Plymto to help the natives fight against the New Empire...

Written by Welles Hartley and drawn by Doug Wheatley...

Great artwork with a smooth flow of storyline from the movie canon unto the expanded universe... we will be seeing more of these exiled Jedis I guess... there will be a new comic book to be released by Dark Horse this coming April: Star Wars: Rebellion... this new series will be set between Ep 4 and 5 exploring the Rebel Alliance's struggle against the Empire...

More reviews to come after I catch up with my reading... haha... Cheers!

freefly

Post by freefly » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:38 pm

hey nice review! i found Jedi Jennir to be an interesting character, though he does look somewhat like Legolas frm LOTR?? hmm, to me, it's a coming of age story for Jennir & the rest of the Jedi who survived Order 66, though the Jedi who stood up to the troopers back in Coruscant..obviously haven't learned anything. talk abt Jedi arrogance :wink: overall a good concluding story for the Republic series comics (i believe #81-83 is set before these events?)
Release the Good!

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:34 pm

freefly wrote:hey nice review! i found Jedi Jennir to be an interesting character, though he does look somewhat like Legolas frm LOTR?? hmm, to me, it's a coming of age story for Jennir & the rest of the Jedi who survived Order 66, though the Jedi who stood up to the troopers back in Coruscant..obviously haven't learned anything. talk abt Jedi arrogance :wink: overall a good concluding story for the Republic series comics (i believe #81-83 is set before these events?)
Thanks, agree Jennir looked like LOTR character hehe... I think he'd most probably be hunted down by Vader during the Jedi Purge...

Try to get a copy of Dark Horse's Jedi Purge one shot comic, it's sold out everywhere...

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:09 pm

sorry for wols reply. I had that. I love those stuff!

Return to “The Novels”