Dark Nest Trilogy

Moderators: adamteo, Paul K

SoloFalcon

Dark Nest Trilogy

Post by SoloFalcon » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:02 pm

It is completed...

Luke Skywalker is Grand Master.

Jacen Solo is predicted by Mara that he has the potential to be second in command of Jedi Order.

Jagged Fel is killed by the Han Solo?!

Leia Skywalker is Jedi Knight (suddenly she is a warrior).

Any guess to who will be the new enemy in the upcoming books?
Trust me princess~

lhs1701

Re: Dark Nest Trilogy

Post by lhs1701 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:34 pm

SoloFalcon wrote:It is completed...

What?

Then Jaina hates his father like anything, then?

SoloFalcon

Re: Dark Nest Trilogy

Post by SoloFalcon » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:33 pm

Jaina broke off with Jagged due to her siding with the Killiks.
It was a justified fight, Jagged being Chiss will not back down...
Jaina still have feeling for Jagged but I doubt she will hate her parents.
lhs1701 wrote:
SoloFalcon wrote: It is completed...
What?
Then Jaina hates his father like anything, then?
Trust me princess~

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:52 pm

So the trilogy worth reading?

I am waiting for the Rise of Vader to come out in paperback, so I can buy and keep. Space is a premium.
Find, fix, finish

SoloFalcon

Post by SoloFalcon » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:10 pm

So-so only.
If you want, I can loan them to you.
lhs1701 wrote:So the trilogy worth reading?
I am waiting for the Rise of Vader to come out in paperback, so I can buy and keep. Space is a premium.
Trust me princess~

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:34 am

SoloFalcon wrote:So-so only.
Thanks, I will take the loan. If they are good, I will buy them after reading.
Find, fix, finish

SoloFalcon

Post by SoloFalcon » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:31 am

Roger roger... if you got comics to pass on... I will be carrying a backpack :P
lhs1701 wrote:
SoloFalcon wrote:So-so only.
Thanks, I will take the loan. If they are good, I will buy them after reading.
Trust me princess~

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:08 pm

I was wondering about "Luke Skywalker is Grand Master".

I don't recall the term "Grand Master" was ever being used to refer to Jedi Master. I don't think even Yoda was referred as that.
Find, fix, finish

SoloFalcon

Post by SoloFalcon » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:35 pm

Page 150 in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, and there have been repeated references to Yoda as being a Grand Master.
Perhaps it is non-canon (if you only apply to SW movies)

Spoiler for Dark Next Trilogy -
Luke as Grand Master in NJO has a second reason other than the title vested upon him by Cal Omas. He wants to consolidate different factions of the Jedi split by Corran Horn/Kenth Hamner/Kyle Katarn vs Mara Jade/Kyp Durron because the actions needed to be taken to the Dark Nest threat to the Galaxy. If any Jedi who wants to follow the Order must obey his decision. If not, they are consider rogue and their actions will not be recognised by the Order.

From Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki.
Grand Master, also known as the Supreme Master, was a title used in both the Old and New Jedi Orders. Only the highest-ranking Jedi Masters took the title, although how exactly one earned it is unknown. The Grand Master was apparently the "first among equals" of the Jedi Council/Masters' Council. The level of Jedi Grand Master was on par with the Sith's Dark Lord of the Sith. Yoda was the only known Grand Master of the Old Jedi Order. Luke Skywalker achieved the title after he rebuilt the Order, though he did not formally assume the title until the Swarm War.

Some fans have gained the impression that Vodo-Siosk Baas was the Grand Master of the Jedi Order during the Great Sith War, but there is no canonical evidence for this.
lhs1701 wrote:I was wondering about "Luke Skywalker is Grand Master". I don't recall the term "Grand Master" was ever being used to refer to Jedi Master. I don't think even Yoda was referred as that.
Trust me princess~

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:25 pm

grand master = jedi master or better?

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:58 pm

SoloFalcon wrote:Page 150 in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, and there have been repeated references to Yoda as being a Grand Master.
Perhaps it is non-canon (if you only apply to SW movies)

Spoiler for Dark Next Trilogy -
Luke as Grand Master in NJO has a second reason other than the title vested upon him by Cal Omas. He wants to consolidate different factions of the Jedi split by Corran Horn/Kenth Hamner/Kyle Katarn vs Mara Jade/Kyp Durron because the actions needed to be taken to the Dark Nest threat to the Galaxy. If any Jedi who wants to follow the Order must obey his decision. If not, they are consider rogue and their actions will not be recognised by the Order.

From Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki.
Grand Master, also known as the Supreme Master, was a title used in both the Old and New Jedi Orders. Only the highest-ranking Jedi Masters took the title, although how exactly one earned it is unknown. The Grand Master was apparently the "first among equals" of the Jedi Council/Masters' Council. The level of Jedi Grand Master was on par with the Sith's Dark Lord of the Sith. Yoda was the only known Grand Master of the Old Jedi Order. Luke Skywalker achieved the title after he rebuilt the Order, though he did not formally assume the title until the Swarm War.

Some fans have gained the impression that Vodo-Siosk Baas was the Grand Master of the Jedi Order during the Great Sith War, but there is no canonical evidence for this.
lhs1701 wrote:I was wondering about "Luke Skywalker is Grand Master". I don't recall the term "Grand Master" was ever being used to refer to Jedi Master. I don't think even Yoda was referred as that.
With no intention to doubt anyone but to seek information, can anyone here point out that Yoda was a grand master, mentioned somewhere canon?
Find, fix, finish

SoloFalcon

Post by SoloFalcon » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:39 pm

Yup I like to confirm that also... was this title mentioned in the prequel? SW I-III?
Trust me princess~

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:55 am

I just hope it is not a title someone cook up to justify using it.... to differentiate the one, the highest....

I am beginning to think Jedi think very highly of their titles..... when such things are not suppose to affect them.

Also if the title of "grandmaster" is mention in NJO, may I know which novel?
Find, fix, finish

freefly

Post by freefly » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:03 am

SoloFalcon wrote:Any guess to who will be the new enemy in the upcoming books?
Word has it that Lumiya, Luke's former lover from the marvel comics series, is the new enemy. The official site's review of Betrayal, first book of the Legacy of the Force series, states that Luke grapples with something even more troubling: dream visions of a shadowy figure whose Force power and ruthlessness remind him of Darth Vader -- a lethal enemy who strikes like a dark spirit on a mission of doom. An agent of evil who, if Luke's visions come to pass, will bring untold pain to the Jedi Master... and to the entire galaxy.
Last edited by freefly on Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Release the Good!

Jar

Post by Jar » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:28 pm

Hey, I thought this is Dark Nest Thread not LOTF, Fyi, Jagged Fel is not, I repeat NOT KILLED by Han Solo, but was shot down by Leia.

:? :? :?

Return to “The Novels”