Darth Bane Novel

Moderators: adamteo, Paul K

freefly

Darth Bane Novel

Post by freefly » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:48 am

starwars.com wrote:Who was this Dark Lord? What events forged the man who would split from the Sith ranks and entirely redefine the order?

Readers will find out in the forthcoming hardcover novel, Star Wars: Path of Destruction, A Novel of the Old Republic. Set over a thousand years before the events of A New Hope, and just prior to the events of the Jedi vs. Sith comics series, this novel by author Drew Karypyshyn is scheduled for release in October of 2006 from Del Rey Books. Keep checking starwars.com as more information becomes available.
It's been a long time coming. This book is really going to kick ass, tho it would've been better if they had set it after the events of Darkhorse's Jedi vs. Sith comics. Follow thru this link for more info: http://starwars.com/eu/lit/novel/news20051130.html
Release the Good!

freefly

Post by freefly » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:09 pm

An exerpt of the novel is up on the official site
Release the Good!

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:59 am

looks cool! i have waiting to see some darth bane stories!

freefly

Post by freefly » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:43 am

Nice novel to pick up! We get to see what shaped Darth Bane's philosophy through the struggles he encountered in his journey to the Dark Side. And it presents a more realistic depiction of the Battle of Ruusan than the comics. There's also some mention of a Darth from KOTOR too (I'm not telling who :wink:)...
Release the Good!

cbcb34

Yes!

Post by cbcb34 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:57 pm

I saw Darth Bane novel in Malaysia MPH! 85 ringgit hardcover!
The Jedi have been the protectors of the Galactic Republic for a thousand generations.

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:29 pm

Saw it in kino, no $$, waiting for softcover.. :P Next to the young mara jade book.

StrikeEagle

Post by StrikeEagle » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:58 pm

Can't remember where I read it from but in another novel. The rule of 2 no longer pakeh leow.

These before ANH novels kick butts anyway. I like most of them so far.

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:42 pm

I largely prefer pre-ANH novels too :P

StrikeEagle

Post by StrikeEagle » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:22 am

Same here!

I think the authors sort of killed my interest with the stupid Yuzhong Vong craps. As if clone Palpy isn't enough!

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:54 am

i think we can stop reading novels already hahahaha .........

entire storyline in wikipedia .......

Path of Destruction is a novel in the Star Wars saga and is centered around the life of Darth Bane and the fall of the first Sith order. It was written by Drew Karpyshyn and was released on September 26, 2006. The book takes place roughly 1,000 years before Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.

Since childhood, Dessel has known only abuse from his domineering father and the dangerous, soul-crushing labor of a miner. Deep in the tunnels of the desolate planet Apatros, endlessly excavating the rare mineral Cotros, Dessel dreams of the day he can escape, a day he fears may never come. Dessel soon gets himself involved in a high-stakes card game. Unfortunately, this ends in deadly violence and he becomes a wanted man.

Dessel fears the vengeful forces of the Old Republic and ends up joining the Sith Army. He becomes part of their war against the Republic and its revered Jedi Order. Even as a soldier for the Sith, his sheer potential with the Force is evident and tested by the Sith Masters. Some consider Dessel tied in with a destiny far greater than their simple war, should he prove himself worthy.

Dessel enters the legendary Sith Academy on Korriban and begins his studies in the way of the dark side of the Force. He embraces his new Sith name, Darth Bane, turning a name representing his fear and weakness into a representation of his anger and power. To become part of the "Brotherhood of Darkness", led by Lord Kaan, he must first overcome the barrier of treachery and deceit cast in his path by other Sith disciples.

To become a true Sith Lord, however, and to bring the galaxy under a new age of darkness, Bane is forced to abandon the corrupted teachings of his former masters, and embrace the forgotten teachings of a true master of the dark side.

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:59 am

anyone read the sequel? never saw it in singapore........

Darth Bane: Rule of Two, the sequel to the novel Darth Bane: Path of Destruction, is part of the Star Wars Expanded Universe. It was written by Drew Karpyshyn, and was released on December 26, 2007. The novel centers around the young Sith apprentice Darth Zannah, recently taken under the wing of the Sith Lord Darth Bane.

Darth Bane takes on an apprentice, Zannah, who has a strong connection to the dark side of the Force. However, Jedi Johun Othone pursues Bane, believing him to exist despite the denial of his fellow Jedi.

Return to “The Novels”