review: labyrinth of evil

Moderators: adamteo, Paul K

feitonglong

review: labyrinth of evil

Post by feitonglong » Fri May 13, 2005 10:24 am

when i picked up this book, i thought it's just gonna be another clone wars novel... (didnt enjoyed a few of these novels as much as i do the comics, reason being the authors seemed not to bring out a star wars atmosphere)

nevertheless after reading a few chapters, i was quite engrossed by the build up of the storytelling. got to say james luceno did quite a good job for the star wars fans...

the story begins with the dynamic duo going after nute gunray in neimoidia, and the jedi council receiving intel reports on the hunt of darth sidious...

the search leads them to 500 republica, the exclusive condo for the senators and palpatine... but the intel was blasted...

some of the queries from AOTC were answered as well, eg who is master sifo diyas, how did dooku join sidious, etc...

the ending part of the novel brings us to general grievious leading his team of droids to coruscant and kidnapping the supreme chancellor which serves as the starting plot of the movie... all orchestrated by the master sith...

read it, enjoy it... :)

sanjaystones

Post by sanjaystones » Fri May 13, 2005 6:14 pm

Agreed....it's a really interesting and compelling book. The Jedi are so close to finding out who Darth Sidious really is....as a reader, you try and urge them on, knowing that they are in for the shock of their lives.
"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

donleow

Post by donleow » Tue May 24, 2005 4:15 pm

the novel was not easily available since the fact only MPH is offering the book, even kino and times publishing are not yet available.

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:44 pm

I have just completed this novel.

I watch the Palpatine's kidnap on the Animated Star Wars first, now again in the book. They are two different versions.

Any comments which should be considered official? or more official than the other?
Find, fix, finish

sithlordcbw

book

Post by sithlordcbw » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:22 pm

probably the book. it has more official standing.
If you're not with me,

then you're my enemy.

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:44 pm

One's for kids, and one's for adults. :P

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:05 pm

Well, I think the events in both the animation and novel happened concurrently... just have to link one to another...

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:52 pm

feitonglong wrote:Well, I think the events in both the animation and novel happened concurrently... just have to link one to another...
Both touch on the kidnapping of Palpatine. The Star Wars animation version was more exciting.
Find, fix, finish

freefly

Post by freefly » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:10 am

concurrently, though not in keeping with continuity i believe. one hard to rectify continuity issue would be that the CW cartoon had 2 jedi protecting Palpy (Foul & Rorron) while LOE had four jedi (the aforementioned 2 plus one human & a twi'lek). there are many other small details too. curious why James Luceno did'nt go along with Gendy's portrayal considering that it was released first
Release the Good!

Return to “The Novels”