Sacrifice [SPOILER WARNING]

Moderators: adamteo, Paul K

assjedi

Sacrifice [SPOILER WARNING]

Post by assjedi » Fri May 25, 2007 2:42 pm

[SPOILER WARNING - Topic reveals the death of a character]

Let us all mourn the death of Mara Jade Skywalker; Jedi Master, wife and mother.

Mara sacrificed herself for what she believed in.

The saddest thing since the death of Chewie...

She is now one with the Force...

Goodbye Mara Jade Skywalker
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

Jar

Post by Jar » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:22 am

And she appears in LEGACY the comics as ghost to Cade.
:shock: :shock:
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful... the strong... the weak... the innocent... the corrupt. Fear is my ally."

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:33 am

do you think Luke will die in the sequel?

we know that he will die just dunno when
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."

Jar

Post by Jar » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:43 am

Havent read Sacrifice yet but from the opinion of the other forums other than here its 50 for and 50 against luke being killed off in this series and many including myself thinks that Luke should not be killed as his legacy is still ongoing and killing him off now would disrupt that process.
:wink: :wink:
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful... the strong... the weak... the innocent... the corrupt. Fear is my ally."

freefly

Post by freefly » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:15 pm

Why is mara depicted so young in the cover?

And yeah some spoiler alert would be cool. :wink:
Release the Good!

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:24 pm

Man...Didn't see that coming, Mara dying and all.. Though, I suppose they're going to kill off the entire Skywalker family..? :twisted: Ha ha, no more Jedi turned Sith tratiors. :lol:

GenXstealth

Post by GenXstealth » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:29 am

In one of the new jedi order books Ankin Solo died as well. He was suppose to be some special child or something right(refering to events from Dark Empire).
"If you strike me down, I will be more powerful than you think!"

Jar

Post by Jar » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:54 am

So Ass, What is Jacen's Sith Name? the million dollar question which is suppose to reveal in the book, I m all for spoilers before I read them.
:o :o :o

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:59 pm

I don't think this is a spoiler... it's all over wiki.

Jacen Solo's Sith name is...

DARTH CAEDUS!

Jar

Post by Jar » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:15 pm

Well I got to hear it from someone who has read it in Singapore not other
forum as they are Unknown. Thanks.
8) 8) 8)

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:59 pm

Civil war rages as the Galactic Alliance–led by Cal Omas and the Jedi forces of Luke Skywalker–battles a confederation of breakaway planets that rally to the side of rebellious Corellia. Suspected of involvement in an assassination plot against Queen Mother Tenel Ka of the Hapes Consortium, Han and Leia Solo are on the run, hunted by none other than their own son, Jacen, whose increasingly authoritarian tactics as head of GA security have led Luke and Mara Skywalker to fear that their nephew may be treading perilously close to the dark side.

But as his family sees in Jacen the chilling legacy of his Sith grandfather, Darth Vader, many of the frontline troops adore him, and countless citizens see him as a savior. The galaxy has been torn apart by too many wars. All Jacen wants is safety and stability for all–and he’s prepared to do whatever it takes to achieve that goal.

To end the bloodshed and suffering, what sacrifice would be too great? That is the question tormenting Jacen. Already he has sacrificed much, embracing the pitiless teachings of Lumiya, the Dark Lady of the Sith, who has taught him that a strong will and noble purpose can hold the evil excesses of the dark side at bay, bringing peace and order to the galaxy–but at a price.

For there is one final test that Jacen must pass before he can gain the awesome power of a true Sith Lord: He must bring about the death of someone he values dearly. What troubles Jacen isn’t whether he has the strength to commit murder. He has steeled himself for that, and worse if necessary. No, the question that troubles Jacen is who the sacrifice should be.

As the strands of destiny draw ever more tightly together in a galaxy-spanning web, the shocking answer will shatter two families . . . and cast a grim shadow over the future.

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:28 pm

Note that there are 2 versions of the hardcover on sale here, one published by US Del Rey, the other by UK Arrow .....

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:42 pm

OT

Is inferno out yet?

Jar

Post by Jar » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:11 am

Yup Inferno is already out a week or 2 back saw it at Times even.
:D :D :D

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:21 pm

Jar wrote:Yup Inferno is already out a week or 2 back saw it at Times even.
:D :D :D

SIRIUS BLACK?

i went to a few bookstores which includes TIMES, BORDERS and PAGEONE

all say not released here yet.

Return to “The Novels”