Star Wars : Empires at war

Moderators: adamteo, Paul K

GenXstealth

Wah! So fast.

Post by GenXstealth » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:23 pm

Lord Yoda wrote:You can find some good comment at the GameFAQs message board.

I find it better than Galactic Battleground. Really enjoy the game.
I completed the story campaign, both as Galactic Empire and Rebel Alliance. Enjoy the space battle more than the land one. Now playing the galactic conquest campaign. Wanted to use those heros which did not appear in the story campaign.
How long did you take to finish it , as the game came out not to long ago.

Lord Yoda

Post by Lord Yoda » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:46 am

The game is out on 16th Feb, I got it on the 18th from popular, spend about 3 to 4 days to complete it...I think... :D

May the Force be with Me...

Darth_Psyko

Post by Darth_Psyko » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 am

Its an awesome game. My only problem is that its a bit lacking in ships and characters. No Veers, no Wedge, for example. And Boba Fett's Slave 1 is same coloration as Jango's. Would have figured the color code had changed by then,goin by some of the books. And some worlds missing too.

For me...what would have made it perfect would be if some of the things in Star Wars Rebellion had been included. Like, Lancer Frigates, Dreadnaughts, Carriers for either sides. And, like Rebellion had a diplomacy aspect, where if you overdid it on the massacre bit, or couldnt quite keep your systems defended, the planet might rebel as well. Maybe if had that? And a more 360 view of space battle. That would make for ALOT more fun,personally speakin.

But...its still a great game. Has captured the essence of Star Wars, right up to the battle of Yavin. Voice acting is pretty damn good, watchin scout walkers run around shootin up infantry is amazing fun, and when airspeeders use tow cables on em AT-AT's..whooooo...*fan self*
BUT AH! You want to be able to run it at best, movie like setting (and it seriously is beautiful then), it takes a rather high end com. Its lowest settings, still quite chio. Its definitely worth it. Especially with some of the mods floatin around out there. *grin*
Who's scruffy lookin?!

Post by 9 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:00 am

Thot veers was in the game? His name was Maxi-something i think...he commands a souped up AT-AT.

Im currently taking my time to play the empire campaign...still on the first stage... build deathstar.
=)

Darth_Psyko

Post by Darth_Psyko » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:56 am

Eh, salah, my bad, haha. I meant Piett. Maximillion Veers. Sorry ah, too used to seein the veers icon with my fleet, confused, haha.

Has anyone completed the Rebel campaign?
Its too kriffing hard for me
Who's scruffy lookin?!

Post by 9 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:48 am

Anyone played the short Empire campaigns?

I tried the 2nd mission, playing Empire...one of the mission log was to take over planet of Corulag with Darth Vader accompanying the invading fleet.

Somehow im unable to do so...with Darth with fleet, and/or ground fleet i tried advacing....but it doesn't work....sending Darth alone doesn't work either.....

anyone has a solution? or should i send the deathstar to blow Corulag to bits instead? lol

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:12 pm

I saw the game playable in Sim Lim Square. It's cool stuff. I never got the chance to try it out, some regular hoarders are always there to hoard the games, saving one mission and tommorrow going back and hoard again. Wait till one fine day i go and delete their saved files, and see how they cry.

Darth_Psyko

Expansion Coming out

Post by Darth_Psyko » Mon May 15, 2006 1:21 pm

The expansion's coming out! Its sub name is Forces of Corruption, heres a bit of a preview

http://www.lucasarts.com/press/releases/109.html

Its down towards the middle. And its got aloooot more stuff now *HAPPY GRIN*

I wonder if they'll have darktroopers....
Who's scruffy lookin?!

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sun May 28, 2006 8:09 pm

why no one reply here one? doesn't anyone want this expansion?

erase

Post by erase » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:06 pm

Commander Faie wrote:why no one reply here one? doesn't anyone want this expansion?
I have played but got stuck in one of the scene...can't remember which...
So up to now...I will not think of the expansion yet... Unless I can clear...

GenXstealth

Post by GenXstealth » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:58 pm

Yeah! Btw how to clear the part to EMP some cargo supply with Milliena Falcon.
"If you strike me down, I will be more powerful than you think!"

erase

Post by erase » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:18 pm

GenXstealth wrote:Yeah! Btw how to clear the part to EMP some cargo supply with Milliena Falcon.
Err...let me check will let you know which scene you are talking about... :o
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

Return to “The Games”