Star Wars Combine

Moderators: adamteo, Paul K

Nara Riencam

Star Wars Combine

Post by Nara Riencam » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:24 am

Link to the game: http://www.swcombine.com/

The Star Wars Combine is a game set in the Star Wars Universe. The game has been online since 1998 and although it is technically a browser game, it sees itself rather as an MMORPG. It is programmed and run entirely by volunteers, so playing is free. There are no monthly charges and no premium features that are restricted to players who register a paid account.

The game is player driven, all roles - from the emperor or commander of the Rebel Alliance to the fighter pilots - are open for player characters. Combat is not implemented yet, but the player driven economy offers many options to mine, trade or build cities, facilities and stations.

Any new player can create their individual character selecting from various skills and more than 50 different races from Star Wars (Wookies, Twi'leks etc). They can then join an existing group - from the infamous Empire to less famous smaller production, trading or even pirate groups - and later found their own company.

There are more than 5,000 planets that can be explored and colonised. Player characters can own their own ships, vehicles, buildings, cities or even companies. Also player groups ("factions") can be owners of anything, setting the Star Wars Combine apart from alliances and guilds in many other similar games.

The Star Wars Combine offers many roles to choose from and thus allows the player to not only live their own dream of being whatever they want in the Star Wars universe, but also to adapt the game to their favoured style of play, playing the game as more of an adventure, a strategy game, a business sim, or just enjoying the lively community of like minded gamers and Star Wars fans.

Despite the current lack of combat the Star Wars Combine offers a complexity and variety rather unusual for free browser games. If you like Star Wars, you should really give it a go.

Hello all,

I am new to this forum, hopefully a loyal one in future too. I just want to introduce my fellow Star Wars Singaporeans to a game, I have been playing for a few months now. It is called Star Wars Combine.

I just want to point out that I am not using this forum, as an advertisement platform, but I am genuine about getting more Singaporeans involved in this free online game, I only came across two other Singaporeans in the game. Most of the players are from the US, Europe & Australia.

The Star Wars Combine is a free massively multiplayer online role-playing simulation game based on the Star Wars Universe, developed by amateurs in their spare time. This sentence résumés the concept behind this project, and great care must be taken with each and every word.

The graphics are not state of the art, but the emphasis is not based on that. It is based on community building with fellow Star Wars fans around the world.

The Main features of the game are as follows:

* Create Star Wars character, choose race, skills, background.
* Assign skill levels from 5 different areas.
* Join the Galactic Empire or the Rebel Alliance and enter the Galactic Civil War, or pursue a career in the backdrop in more than fifty other groups as a simple merchant, smuggler, pirate, pilot ... the possibilities are endless!
* Have a chance to be Force sensitive and become a soldier of the light or a lord of the dark!
* Buy and sell spaceships, space stations, vehicles, facilities, items, and weapons with other living players.
* Explore a vast galaxy of over 4,000 life-filled planets and visit the elegant cities of well-known localities like Corellia, Tatooine, Naboo and more, using a unique real-time movement system for ground travel, air travel, sublight and hyperspace travel.
* Use the graphical interface to move across the planet, moon, spaceship or space station you are currently on and watch as your ship enters a planet's atmosphere.
* Prospect planets and mine their raw materials.
* Build your favourite ships, vehicles, space stations, droids, items and weapons ... or recycle their wrecks into new raw materials.
* Post on the classified ads offering your services for all to see.
* Be a part of a vast community almost 4,000 members strong, visiting the message centre, helping to shape the progress of the Star Wars Combine with suggestions, role playing your character with others in many unique scenarios, or visiting the chatrooms for general chit-chat with other members.
* Personalize the Darkness Interface with a "skin" of your choice!
* Get a free, web-based holo-mail address to talk to your fellow combine members or anyone else on the internet.
* With many more upcoming features such as combat, research and development and creatures!
* Play the game, no matter whether you're on a Windows, Macintosh or Linux/Unix computer.

Please note the game is completely free and I am not getting any money out of this, it is just for pure pleasure I am doing it, I am not the creator of the game, just a player and a fan of Star Wars. The game is not associated with Lucas Arts.

Warning! you should only join if you are one of the following:

1. A Star Wars Fan
2. A Role Playing Gaming Fan
3. Like to make friends around the world

I know some of you might be turned off by the fact that the game is kinda or extremely associated with geeks, but I can tell you it is fun and addictive.

The game is so diverse, you can choose to do almost anything in it. From being a low wage miner to running your own business.

Try to picture, Diablo, Clone Wars the animated series and Second Life all rolled into one.

I am looking forward to seeing more Singaporean involved in this game. For a list of FAQ regarding the game you can go to,

http://www.swcombine.com/guide/index.php?page=3

I would also like to help those who join make their first steps in the game easier, so please do email me if you have questions regarding the game, I will try me best to answer them based on my experience playing the game.

I hope I can meet your character one day.

Also you must note that one account per IP can be created at any one time.

narariencam@gmail.com < My email, please do not spam me.

Thank you.
Last edited by Nara Riencam on Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nara Riencam

Shangyou

Post by Shangyou » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:44 am

haha before u posted this thread i already clicked on ur user profile last night and was curious about swcombine and i entered the website and signed up for an account already. :D
They said it would take 12 to 24 hours for my account to be activated though so i'm still waiting. :)

Nara Riencam

Post by Nara Riencam » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:07 am

Yes, it usually takes them 24 hours to do so, as each account is accepted manually, to avoid multi users with the same IP. When you do join the game, do send me a message, I will help you in your first week of the game.

Current number of active players in the game: 4208
Current number of Singaporeans with a registered account in the game: 4
Nara Riencam

Shangyou

Post by Shangyou » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:52 am

I received ur email and yea my account has already been activated. :D

Unfortunately, i've been very busy on a school project for almost a week now and i might not have the time to play much...

Do u have msn or something?? Maybe u can add me on msn and if i'm online and i'm free then maybe we can go to swcombine together...

I'll be online on this forum almost the whole day though because i leave my laptop on this website while i'm AFK.

Nara Riencam

Post by Nara Riencam » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:11 am

Well, currently I can be contacted via this forum PM and Email. My Msn is giving me problems, so I have not used it for a long time. You can contact me via the ingame messaging system too.
Nara Riencam

Return to “The Games”