1) Luke Skywalker
2) Act of God
3) Han Solo
4) Princess Leia
5) None of the above

:lol: :wink:

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:34 pm

According to the movies or the comic books?

According to GL, only the movies are official and he reserves the right to re-write anything and everything that is not in the movies even though he official sanctions everything that is published.

To me, Boda Fett fell into the Sarclacc Pitt and that was what got him. So, in short - None of the Above.
Warning - viewer discretion advised

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:35 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:According to the movies or the comic books?

According to GL, only the movies are official and he reserves the right to re-write anything and everything that is not in the movies even though he official sanctions everything that is published.

To me, Boda Fett fell into the Sarclacc Pitt and that was what got him. So, in short - None of the Above.
True, if you follow the novels, Boba Fett got out of the Sarlacc Pit. Knowing Boba Fett, it is quite difficult for me to believe he would not be able to find a way out.
Find, fix, finish

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:33 pm

Exactly. In fact, if I recall from the comic books, he came out quite quickly too. That is so very possible given that he's got a jet pack (which may or may not be working) and tons of other equipment that we may not be aware of yet (see Jango Fett's projectile line which could help too - heck Boba had it himself too - except that the line was cut so I'm not sure if it is still effective) and it would take a long time for the pit to actually digest him anyway which would have given him time to try to find a way out.

However, again, the point being that it's not on screen so that could be re-written at any time.

Personally, I'd like to think that he climbed out but since the movies are official - heh heh heh.

BobaFett

Post by BobaFett » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:10 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:According to the movies or the comic books?

Watch the movie again. Who cause BobaFett to fall into the Pitt? :lol:

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:48 pm

Gravity 8)

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:57 pm

Ahhhh! But the question was who killed Boba Fett and not who caused him to fall to his death. If I remember correctly, Han hit his jet pack causing him to fly off crazy into the sail barge and then he slipped and fell into the pit... right?

BobaFett

Post by BobaFett » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:59 pm

Gandalf Fett wrote:Ahhhh! But the question was who killed Boba Fett and not who caused him to fall to his death. If I remember correctly, Han hit his jet pack causing him to fly off crazy into the sail barge and then he slipped and fell into the pit... right?
Well, Han caused BobaFett to fall to his death and thus it's Han who killed him. :twisted:

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:37 pm

To me, I will always remember Boba Fett screaming like a school girl as he fell into the Sarlacc Pit ! LOL :lol:

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:54 pm

HA HA HA HA!!!

Actually, I think that it's rather sad that one of the coolest character in SW, i.e. Boba Fett, met with such a pathetic end and the prequels certainly didn't do anything to help his dignity too as his dad, Jango also met with a sad and pathetic end and also had a tendency to bang his head on closing door, and was a whiny and irritating little kid.

Sigh..... the most fearsome bounty hunter. What did he do to incur the wrath of GL?

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:08 am

Gandalf Fett wrote:
Sigh..... the most fearsome bounty hunter. What did he do to incur the wrath of GL?

Hey Gandalf.... don't you see a cool comic strip series in there somewhere ? :wink:

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:04 pm

No one caused Boba to die
He activated his jetpack
It malfunctioned
So there he went

However (EU) Salaac couldnt digest him so he escaped, he tracked Han and Leia in Dark Empires into a toxic cloud when han emerged, he used his new electrical weapon on bobas ship and it ran into the cloud

Note : If ur inside too long, the cloud would eat the hull of ur ship ...
corrosive! :D
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

pujangga

Post by pujangga » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:51 am

e3lipse wrote:No one caused Boba to die
He activated his jetpack
It malfunctioned
So there he went
It didn't malfunction...Han swung around to see where Fett was and accidentally hit Fett's jetpack, activated it and caught Fett unaware. He flew headlong into Jabba's barge, knocking him out and sending him down to the Sarlacc Pit.
"The Story of Life is quicker than the wink of an eye...the Story of Love, is hello and goodbye. Till we meet again." - Jimi Hendrix

BobaFett

Post by BobaFett » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:55 pm

pujangga wrote:
e3lipse wrote:No one caused Boba to die
He activated his jetpack
It malfunctioned
So there he went
It didn't malfunction...Han swung around to see where Fett was and accidentally hit Fett's jetpack, activated it and caught Fett unaware. He flew headlong into Jabba's barge, knocking him out and sending him down to the Sarlacc Pit.
That's what I thought as well after watching the DVD again. It's Han Solo's fault! :lol:

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:53 am

Well, from a certain point of view, that would be true because if I recall correctly, just before swinging round to hit Boba Fett, Chewie told him about Boba Fett. and Han was carrying that weapon anyway. So he went "Boda Fett? Where?" clearly with the intention of going after him. Matters not that it was a fluke that when he swung round, he did knock out the jet pack.

Of course, if Boba Fett had simply fallen over (and not into the pit) and survived, then he wouldn't have been killed right? Assuming that he didn't crawl out of the pit (ala the comic books). What if he tripped and fell into the pit? Would you consider that Han killed him then?

So if you are talking about a chain of events, yes, perhaps Han killed him. But if you are even talking about a chain, it could have started when he took on the job from Darth Vader to go after Han / Luke. So if he didn't even take on the job in the first place, he may yet be alive. As he may be on another job elsewhere in the universe instead of being on Jabba's sail barge in the first place. From that point of view, he committed suicide.

Which brings me back to my original point that what actually killed him was the pit though the CAUSE of how he came into the pit may be Han.

Make any sense? :D :D :D

Return to “Star Wars Episode 6 : Return of the Jedi”