Luke's Lightsaber

Moderators: erase, donleow

jedi kai

Luke's Lightsaber

Post by jedi kai » Tue May 10, 2005 11:42 pm

Hey, in Return of the Jedi, Luke's lightsaber was green .... like Yoda's.

Think it's a coincidence or perhaps Luke refashioned one of Yoda's lightsaber into his own? .... hmmm.... :wink:

OKK77

Post by OKK77 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:21 pm

It was said that green blade will be seen much better against Tatooine's desert terrain and so, it was favoured instead of a blue one. (-;

Sraye

Post by Sraye » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:02 pm

Quite a lame explaination... like in Episode III, they decided to keep Anakin's saber blue because it can be seen better against the Mustafar background... and they say a Red saber would be harder, these explainations really quite lame...
"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi, at last we will have revenge."-Darth Maul
"Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... And we will have peace..."-Darth Sidious
"If you are not with me, you are my enemy."-Darth Vader

freefly

Post by freefly » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:20 pm

Sraye wrote:Quite a lame explaination... like in Episode III, they decided to keep Anakin's saber blue because it can be seen better against the Mustafar background... and they say a Red saber would be harder, these explainations really quite lame...
WHERE did you read that? I thought Anakin simply did not have time to construct a red one. And besides, Obi-Wan needs to claim Anakin's blue saber after besting him..
Release the Good!

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:44 pm

freefly wrote:
Sraye wrote:Quite a lame explaination... like in Episode III, they decided to keep Anakin's saber blue because it can be seen better against the Mustafar background... and they say a Red saber would be harder, these explainations really quite lame...
WHERE did you read that? I thought Anakin simply did not have time to construct a red one. And besides, Obi-Wan needs to claim Anakin's blue saber after besting him..
Got such thing meh? His blade is blue so that it can be accounted on IV where obi wan showed Luke the blue blade.

freefly

Post by freefly » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:53 pm

yeah obi-wan needs to claim a blue saber so that there's no continuity error with the OT. sorry sraye

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:20 am

freefly wrote:yeah obi-wan needs to claim a blue saber so that there's no continuity error with the OT. sorry sraye
But it kinda looks boring when 2 similar blue blades clash at mustafar, at least a blue and a green should look nice though, but again, for continuity sake, yea, 2 blue blades, no choice.

freefly

Post by freefly » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:26 am

for me i like it that way with 2 blue sabers. obi-wan & anakin, brothers. close friends. buddies. even their sabers are the same colour. it adds to the overall emotional impact of the duel.

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:37 am

freefly wrote:for me i like it that way with 2 blue sabers. obi-wan & anakin, brothers. close friends. buddies. even their sabers are the same colour. it adds to the overall emotional impact of the duel.
Ya hor, i didnt even notice that, must have forgotten some time ago. But the duel is a bit confusing coz when the 2 blades clash, u cant see who is whos blade at the first glance.

freefly

Post by freefly » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:47 am

confusing. i agree. still, i'm impressed ILM claimed they did'nt speed up the duel with digital enhancements. except for the part where they twirled their sabers at unnatural speed

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:58 am

freefly wrote:confusing. i agree. still, i'm impressed ILM claimed they did'nt speed up the duel with digital enhancements. except for the part where they twirled their sabers at unnatural speed
You mean the actors really can duel at such speeds??? Wow, months of training and its worth it!

Return to “Star Wars Episode 6 : Return of the Jedi”