Leia

Moderators: erase, donleow

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:37 am

Agreed - hated the midi-cholrian concept. It just popped out for no reason whatsoever especially when Episodes IV to VI didn't need to explain it at all and people loved the mystical feel of the Force. Something that surrounds us and binds the galaxy together.

So what? Midi-cholrian are in the planets too?

I suspect that the only reason why GL introduced the midi-cholrian was to make it easy for Qui-Gon Jinn to reason why he wanted to fight to train Anakin. Which leads me to the prophecy thing.

WHAT PROPHECY MAN!?!?!?!?

That the One will come? To free us all from the matrix or was it a voice from the outer world and bringing the holy war? Which will then cleanse the Universe and bring them out of darkness?

Too many plot devices that are not properly developed or exploited.
Warning - viewer discretion advised

danchia
Site Admin

Post by danchia » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:55 am

I agree with everything that you said, gandalf .

It's like..... the original trilogy were so incredible and complete , with simple plots that were enough to fire the imagination of a generation of fans for 20 years ....

THEN came the nightmare that the prequels created , new concepts that were at odds with the story that was laid down in the classic trilogy , new plot devices that just didn't gel with the old films and which created more frustrating questions than ever .

The new films were faster ( ok , except for the horrendous love scenes ) , flashier , louder .... but I must say that they came nowhere near the old films in terms of emotional depth and inspiration .

What a great pity .... :(

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:58 am

danchia wrote:The new films were faster ( ok , except for the horrendous love scenes ) , flashier , louder .... but I must say that they came nowhere near the old films in terms of emotional depth and inspiration .
Actually, only Ep III was faster - Ep II was pretty slow and Ep I was slow in all other areas except for the times that lightsabers were lit.

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:23 pm

GL just want to use midi-chlorians as a measurement to prove Anakin is more powerful than Yoda ... otherwise how to measure?

midi-chlorians is a symbiont ... and it speak to its host too ... quite scary if u think abt it :?

As for the comparison between GL vs GR, I don't see any similarity ... ST is based on 22nd-24th century earth which is constrained by our own scientific discoveries today, whereas SW is based on a galaxy far far away which has no such constraints. Hence it's free with all imagination. 8)
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:05 pm

Dr EMH wrote:As for the comparison between GL vs GR, I don't see any similarity ... ST is based on 22nd-24th century earth which is constrained by our own scientific discoveries today, whereas SW is based on a galaxy far far away which has no such constraints. Hence it's free with all imagination. 8)
Agreed. SW is more sci-fi fantasy whereas ST is a little more grounded in its scientific reality. Which was why it was earlier suggested that GL didn't need any hard science to try to explain any elements of the Force. The original mystical feel of the Force is probably what made a lot of us fans as well. How many of us have never ever once reached out with his or her hand and tried to make a glass /cup / whatever react to what we want or tried waving your hand in front of another hoping that other will do as you say.

Or am I the only one who's geeky enough to actually try doing these things? :oops:

JediKnight13

Post by JediKnight13 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:50 pm

Nope your not i have done that before on countless ocassions :lol:

Return to “Star Wars Episode 6 : Return of the Jedi”