Leia

Moderators: erase, donleow

platium

Leia

Post by platium » Wed May 18, 2005 11:20 pm

I remember a scene when luke ask leia abt their mum... leia said she was a lonely woman n die a sad death... but we all know padme die during childbirth.... conspiracy??

Lord_Angelus

Post by Lord_Angelus » Thu May 19, 2005 12:11 am

I think she was told about it.

Xavier

Post by Xavier » Thu May 19, 2005 1:38 am

Leia may be refering to Bail Organa's wife, not Padme cos she still dunno Luke her brother and Vader her father..

platium

Post by platium » Thu May 19, 2005 1:35 pm

by the time she said this she knew abt luke is her bro.... i think she also know bail is the adoptive parent....

lhs1701

Post by lhs1701 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:02 pm

platium wrote:by the time she said this she knew abt luke is her bro.... i think she also know bail is the adoptive parent....
There are recent Dark Comics which I have been reading with interest on young Leia growing up and slowly taking over Bail Organa's role in the rebel alliance.

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:32 pm

She should know that her parents are adoptive cause Luke specifically asked her about her "real mother".
Warning - viewer discretion advised

Dr EMH

Re: Leia

Post by Dr EMH » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:56 pm

platium wrote:I remember a scene when luke ask leia abt their mum... leia said she was a lonely woman n die a sad death... but we all know padme die during childbirth.... conspiracy??
The infant baby girl has a super-photographic memory at the time of birth to remember her mum is pretty but sad before she dead ... hehe :lol:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

lhs1701

Re: Leia

Post by lhs1701 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:06 am

Dr EMH wrote:
platium wrote:I remember a scene when luke ask leia abt their mum... leia said she was a lonely woman n die a sad death... but we all know padme die during childbirth.... conspiracy??
The infant baby girl has a super-photographic memory at the time of birth to remember her mum is pretty but sad before she dead ... hehe :lol:
The only one in the Star Wars universe whom I can recall with photographic memory is Winters. She was required to carry mission where only she can carry out because of her photographic memory.
Find, fix, finish

Gandalf Fett

Post by Gandalf Fett » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:35 pm

errrr.... getting back on track, did we come to any conclusion if this was an inconsistency or is there a plausible explanation for this?
Warning - viewer discretion advised

e3lipse
Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free

Post by e3lipse » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:06 pm

How did leia find out lukes her brother? i forgot
obiwan?
After all these years, I still love Clones
"Young one, don't tell me what to do."

Jedi Chard

Post by Jedi Chard » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:38 pm

Before Luke left to meet Vader in SW:ROTJ...

...he revealed to Leia that they were brother and sister.

Chard

Paul K
Site Admin

relationship

Post by Paul K » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:23 am

One other consideration is that because Luke is strong with the force, probably has a high level of mediclorins (not sure abt spelling), it can be assumed that Leia would have a certain about of the force in her as well. The force may be latent in her as she was never trained in the jedi ways so she may be able, if she puts her mind at it, to feel certain things and that's why she was not overly shocked when Luke told her that he was her brother. In that scene, Luke asks her to search her feelings, a jedi trait.

danchia
Site Admin

Re: relationship

Post by danchia » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:03 am

tk_110201 wrote:One other consideration is that because Luke is strong with the force, probably has a high level of mediclorins (not sure abt spelling), it can be assumed that Leia would have a certain about of the force in her as well. The force may be latent in her as she was never trained in the jedi ways so she may be able, if she puts her mind at it, to feel certain things and that's why she was not overly shocked when Luke told her that he was her brother. In that scene, Luke asks her to search her feelings, a jedi trait.

That would be midi-chlorians , but you are absolutely right .... Leia did search her feelings, and although the force was not as strong in her as in Luke , she was still able to sense the truth .

Talking aboout midi-chlorians .... I really hate that concept . When QuiGon Jin first spoke about it in EPI , I went " What ? " in the theatre and sat there in the darkened theatre , totally shellshocked by it.

The Force should have been left as something mystical instead of trying to explain it in "scientific" terms .....

Paul K
Site Admin

The science of the force

Post by Paul K » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:17 am

I think that when GL did EP1, the Force after the original triology, had been left largely unexplained and was seen as some quasi instinct cum sect. Perhaps GL was jealous that an earlier sci-fi creator named Gene Roddenberry had created Star Trek which when it premiered, it was far fetched but a lot of what Gene had in ST was founded on some form of science. I've read some of the research papers from the University of Berkely and they do back up Gene's theory of warp speed for example. Hence, his creations have some science to it. So GL got envious.

danchia
Site Admin

Re: The science of the force

Post by danchia » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:41 am

tk_110201 wrote:I think that when GL did EP1, the Force after the original triology, had been left largely unexplained and was seen as some quasi instinct cum sect. Perhaps GL was jealous that an earlier sci-fi creator named Gene Roddenberry had created Star Trek which when it premiered, it was far fetched but a lot of what Gene had in ST was founded on some form of science. I've read some of the research papers from the University of Berkely and they do back up Gene's theory of warp speed for example. Hence, his creations have some science to it. So GL got envious.
Interesting theory, tk .

I don't think the Midi-Chlorian concept was well-liked by most fans . Unless I am very wrong, they were never mentioned again in EPII or III , correct ?

GL should go back and erase that from EPI when he does a special edition of that film ! :roll: LOL

Return to “Star Wars Episode 6 : Return of the Jedi”