What makes Empire so darn good?

Moderators: erase, donleow

freefly

What makes Empire so darn good?

Post by freefly » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:26 pm

To be frank my natural response would be that it had a better direction in the hands of Irvin Kershner. In retrospect however, ANH was directed incredibly well by George Lucas himself. I might consider both to have the same qualities which constitutes to great film making ie. good storytelling, acting and sountrack. What makes Empire primarily different I'll venture is that it has a main villain who embodies the dark side perfectly well; powerful, menacing and strong in presence (the breathing? :lol: ). It is also the only episode in which Vader is presented in all his glorious dark persona, answerable only to the mysterious Emperor (who's a bit cranky as we'll disappointedly discover in ROTJ). Between his force-chokes and impressive command fleet, I'll say the Dark Lord is at his most impressive.
Release the Good!

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:19 pm

What makes TESB good?

The Hoth Battle scene and especially the AT-AT Walkers.

When I watched it over 20 years ago, I had zero concept about how 'dark' the movie was. I felt nothing when Vader told Luke 'The Truth'. The only thing that mattered to me were the AT-AT Walkers.

I remember back then Metro had an X'Mas contest/lucky draw with the Kenner AT-AT Walker as the top prize. The box was on display and I was staring at it for loooooooong time. :lol:

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:34 pm

To quote someone from another forum: "can opened...worms everywhere..." :lol:

JediJean

Post by JediJean » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:24 pm

For me, what made ESB so darn good was that it was our first ever intro to Yoda... and that shocking line from Vader... think everyone knows which one I'm referring to... what a shocker that was, what a strange twist on things that was... wow! :shock:
________
DRAGONBALL Z FORUM
Last edited by JediJean on Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jar

Post by Jar » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:41 pm

I think the Shocker Lines makes everyone feels Huuuuuuuuuuuh?I went with my brother n after the show I remember asking him whens the next movie cause it leaves a lot of questions than answers. :shock: :shock:
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful... the strong... the weak... the innocent... the corrupt. Fear is my ally."

darthyazid

Post by darthyazid » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:57 pm

answer: EVERYTHING

If i had to list down everything. i wud have wasted loads of my time.
PARENTAL GUIDANCE IS ADVISED
YAZID IS LAME...VERY LAME

Return to “Star Wars Episode 5 : The Empire Strikes Back”