The tree test at Dagobah??

Moderators: erase, donleow

SoloFalcon

Post by SoloFalcon » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:59 am

If Vader was there... he would have gone after Yoda first. That is unless if Yoda somehow can trapped Vader there.
Dr EMH wrote:question remains: is there a physical object (vader) in which luke has strike off, or is all this just an imagination screwing his mind? :roll:
Trust me princess~

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:36 pm

There was never a doubt in my mind when I watched the movie that Vader was never there. It was and always has been an illution to me, abait a very convincing one...much like the characters in a holodeck if you will.

Except in this case Luke didn't have the option of saying 'end program' and get out of it...he HAS to go through with it, no matter what the outcome...

freefly

Post by freefly » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:45 pm

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:There was never a doubt in my mind when I watched the movie that Vader was never there. It was and always has been an illution to me, abait a very convincing one...much like the characters in a holodeck if you will.
Same here

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:40 am

I personally think this, the tree was a test, to show the monster vader was, and for Luke, if he didnt watch out, he would fall under the shrowd of the Darkside, and become that, Of his father's Footsteps into evil. This makes more logical scence to me.

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:03 am

For me, I feel it was a simple test of will. Luke struck down 'Vader' to find his own visage inside the Blackness of the helmet. This is showing him what the corrupt path of the Dark side can do to one's self. As Palpatine once Said.. "Through the powers of the dark..Many of the gifts are deemed..Unnatural.." Some of the stuff the Dark side can do is just plain Scary..Yet, so very cool. :shock: :) :D

GenXstealth

Post by GenXstealth » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:49 pm

If you have watched the clone wars cartoon vol 2, the was a tree test for Anakin too. Qui-Gon asked Anakin to go in.
"If you strike me down, I will be more powerful than you think!"

Return to “Star Wars Episode 5 : The Empire Strikes Back”