Mystery surrounding ATAT.

Moderators: erase, donleow

jemDconqueror

Mystery surrounding ATAT.

Post by jemDconqueror » Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:22 pm

The ATAT is coated with heavy duralium armour that is strong enough to withstand snowspeeder blasters...so when they trip it up, how come snowspeeder blasters can then penetrate the armour??? :o It jus doesn't seem to make sense...Can explain? Anyone???
"Join me, and together we shall rule the galaxy as one!"

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:39 pm

If you look carefully the downed ATAT only exploded when the snowspeeder's blasts hit its neck area, behind the cockpit/head section.

every armour has its weak points, and they're usually at the joints where practicality dictates that these joints can not be clad in heavy armour so as to impede their movement.

That being said, a blast to the neck area should not cause an explotion since the ATAT's power generator is located at the aft section of the body...

Maybe the neck section houses the reactor or ammo?

Impulse

Post by Impulse » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:53 pm

Another reason is for the special effects...so to blow all brainless viewers' heads away! :lol:

hbng
Site Admin

Post by hbng » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:53 pm

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:If you look carefully the downed ATAT only exploded when the snowspeeder's blasts hit its neck area, behind the cockpit/head section.......
This reminds me of the game, probably Atari, where one pilots the snowspeeder against the At-Ats. The way to blow them up was to hit them at the neck..... That's the time when Pacman was really popular

fabianlau

Post by fabianlau » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:46 pm

i also play before a game that also shoot the at at neck.. don;t know is the same as u say..
sTAR WARS

Dr EMH

Post by Dr EMH » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:43 pm

May be the AT-AT commander activate a self-destruct ... Imperial order: Never Surrender! :lol:
May the Force Live Long & Prosper ...

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:58 am

My theroy is this, They have some kind of shield or another, that surrounds the AT-AT, though, if they tripped it, it deactivates?? :\ :wink: :?

Return to “Star Wars Episode 5 : The Empire Strikes Back”