Clone Wars Season 3

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:37 pm

This week's episode shows us the awesomeness of Skywalker's powers and enforces the prophecy that he is The One!
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

jenki

Post by jenki » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:41 am

is that thing the abeloth?!

jedi7

Post by jedi7 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:13 pm

oh yah, I've been wondering...more than 10 years already.

So is Anakin really the one or Luke & Leia? I thought they thought Anakin was the one, then it was actually Luke & Leia, his offsprings. Anakin only helped it to make things worse for the jedi, then thanks to his twins, brought him back & kill the emperor. But later Luke had to kill the emperor 2 more times until there were no more of his clones.

Or is it the whole family whereby the father reboot / re-format the jedi system & the children runs the new order?

How now brown cow? :shock:
A jedi's ally is the FORce, his strength flows from IT.

jenki

Post by jenki » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:39 pm

i thought it was anakin, and he brought balance back to the force when he threw the emperor down the shaft... or did he bring balance to the force by having luke and leia? =X

jedi7

Post by jedi7 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:36 pm

That's what I thought but after Dark Force Rising whereby the Emperor still lives as described below, Luke has to be his apprentice to defeat him from inside (which a jedi holocron that Leia found told her to advise her brother not to as previous jedis had tried & failed aka Ulic Qel Droma). After twice defeating 2 laboratories of the emperor's clones did Luke manage to kill him together with Leia & her unborn son (named Anakin in her womb).
A long lost jedi that Luke met sacrificed his life as the dying emperor tried to "posses" leia's unborn son in her womb. The emperor's energy went into the old jedi's body where he tried to contain & later he died, bringing an end to palpatine...waaaah amazing I still remember some of the facts....

explanation: that the blue lightning that we saw in Return of the Jedi as he tumbles down the shaft when Vader threw him down was the Emperor's energy. It seemed that he mastered the art of denying death from his previous master whom he killed in his sleep (as told by palpatine to anakin in Revenge of the Sith I think). Palpatine became so powerful that when he uses the dark side to a certain extent, his body could not take it, thus what we saw in Revenge of the Sith when Mace Windu versus him. So he needs a new body which he gets from cloned bodies. He transfers his energy to the new body...something like the jedi spirits who lingers to guide others except palpatine uses a new body with his energy...like kena posses like that!!!

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:48 pm

A certain Captain Tarkin makes an appearance in last week's ep.
=)
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."

masteryoyo

Post by masteryoyo » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:49 am

jedi7 wrote:That's what I thought but after Dark Force Rising whereby the Emperor still lives as described below, Luke has to be his apprentice to defeat him from inside (which a jedi holocron that Leia found told her to advise her brother not to as previous jedis had tried & failed aka Ulic Qel Droma). After twice defeating 2 laboratories of the emperor's clones did Luke manage to kill him together with Leia & her unborn son (named Anakin in her womb).
A long lost jedi that Luke met sacrificed his life as the dying emperor tried to "posses" leia's unborn son in her womb. The emperor's energy went into the old jedi's body where he tried to contain & later he died, bringing an end to palpatine...waaaah amazing I still remember some of the facts....

explanation: that the blue lightning that we saw in Return of the Jedi as he tumbles down the shaft when Vader threw him down was the Emperor's energy. It seemed that he mastered the art of denying death from his previous master whom he killed in his sleep (as told by palpatine to anakin in Revenge of the Sith I think). Palpatine became so powerful that when he uses the dark side to a certain extent, his body could not take it, thus what we saw in Revenge of the Sith when Mace Windu versus him. So he needs a new body which he gets from cloned bodies. He transfers his energy to the new body...something like the jedi spirits who lingers to guide others except palpatine uses a new body with his energy...like kena posses like that!!!
whether Annie is the "chosen one" or not depends on whether your are the original six films or expanded universe (EU) fan. If you the former, then according to Qui Gon Jinn and the subsequent evidence in ROTJ, as suggested by Jenki, then Annie is indeed 'the chosen one'.

The EU stories is a continuity of the six films abeit with a few wrinkles. However, as a general rule, Geogre Lucas has mandated that NOTHING in the EU is allowed to contradict any part of the six films. By this logic, Annie is still the 'chosen one'. Therefore, even if one is an EU fan, Annie's role has been pre-defined.

Incidentally, masteryoyo managed to catch all 22 episodes of season 3 on youtube. Was very impressed by Ventress's attack on Dooku, first appearances of Quilan Vos and Chewie, and Ashoka's twin lightsaber attacks. May the Force b with you!
"Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future."

jedi7

Post by jedi7 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:35 am

Hmmm, that's a good way to put it; to draw a line from the movie 6 to the EU. If you do that, yup Anakin is the one as the movies are about Vader, not his son as we all thought in Episode 4 & almost all of Episode 5! heh

ROTJ did reveal everything...

Initially I was amiss / confused when Lucas decided to make Episodes 1 to 3. It will be based on Vader. I thought all along it was about Luke. And I thought he wanted to show the jedi knights before the Empire as in Tales of the Jedi comics.

But then again, the jedi in the clone wars or Episodes 1 to 3 cannot be compared to EU. The older EU jedis were more powerful eg the jedi council sent about 7 jedi knights to quell a 7 planet-war when actually only a single gifted jedi, Nomi Sunrider, could stop the war or turn the tide by just doing her 'jedi battle meditation' without getting any jedi or troops get involved in the war itself. But then again I figured the jedis in the clone wars & Ep 1 to 3 are under the shroud of Palpatine, diminishing / restricting their abilities...even Yoda felt it. And of course, the olden jedi has a planet Ossus (which was destroyed in a Sith war) as a training centre compared to just a temple in the movies.

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:50 pm

the whole entire saga Episode 1-6 has been and will always be about Anakin. It was revealed that early in pre-production stage, Lucas wanted to tell it like how it's supposed to be in the Journal of the Whills about the prophecy of the "Son of Suns".

feitonglong

Post by feitonglong » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:29 am

sometimes watching the clone wars cartoon makes me wonder if there are any clashes in continuity or no one at lucasfilm bothers with it anymore hahaha ......

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:12 pm

feitonglong wrote:sometimes watching the clone wars cartoon makes me wonder if there are any clashes in continuity or no one at lucasfilm bothers with it anymore hahaha ......
Movies from Ep 1-6 is called A-canon.
Cartoons/games from Lucasfilm/LucasArts are 2nd canon to the films.
Novels etc are below all this.

So what is shown on CW supercedes anything in the novels/comics etc

jenki

Post by jenki » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:56 pm

yar but the jedis rocked in NJO too

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:45 am

jenki wrote:yar but the jedis rocked in NJO too
tell me about it. my fav Jedi is Ganner Rhysode. haha

jedi7

Post by jedi7 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:28 am

oh yah, can anyone here brief me on NJO? No time to catch nowadays but seen some of the comics & read a bit here & there. The recent is Cad Skywalker right?

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:18 am

basically, Grandmaster Luke started a whole new Jedi Order which includes famous names like Ganner Rhysode, Kyp Durron, Corran Horn, Kyle Katarn etc.

NJO period includes the Yuuzhan Vong War and culminating in the Jason "Darth Caedus" Solo vs Jaina Solo.

Cad Skywalker is Luke's great grandson. So that brings into perspective the timeline difference.

Return to “Star Wars : The Clone Wars”