StarWars.sg Interview with Charles Ross - Contest #1

Famed Canadian actor-comedian Charles Ross will be performing his international smash-hit, ONE-MAN STAR WARS TRILOGY for the first time in Asia from 18 – 22 March, 2008 at the DBS Arts Centre.
dranoel
Site Admin

StarWars.sg Interview with Charles Ross - Contest #1

Post by dranoel » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:09 pm

Good News : StarWars.sg has been granted an interview with the man himself - Charles Ross.

More Good News : We are extending this opportunity to YOU, so that you can get your burning questions answered as well!

Even More Good News : Stand a chance to WIN a Free Ticket for the 18th March Opening Night Show AND an Autographed Poster from Charles Ross, just by posting a question for Charles.

*** Updated on 26th Feb ***
Yet Even More Good News :
There will be not one but TWO WINNERS.

Here's how to participate: It's simple! Just post your question as a reply to this topic and we will help you ask Charles. He will then also decide the winners based on the questions submitted.

A few simple rules:
* Limited to one question per forum member.
* StarWars.sg reserves the right to filter and edit the set of questions to be included in the interview.
* Closing date is Thursday 6th March 2008.
* The winner will be announced in our forum, and will be notified via the email listed in his/her StarWars.sg account profile... so make sure your profile is updated! :)
Last edited by dranoel on Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GenXstealth

Post by GenXstealth » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:32 pm

Wah! How come no one post questions yet. In that case I will start the ball rolling.

Qn: Which character is the most difficult one to protray and how long you took to master it?
"If you strike me down, I will be more powerful than you think!"

donleow

Post by donleow » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:41 am

Q. Any new projects after OMSW?
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:55 pm

Which is your most difficult character to perform?
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

GenXstealth

Post by GenXstealth » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:03 am

Paul K wrote:Which is your most difficult character to perform?
Sound like the same question as mine.
"If you strike me down, I will be more powerful than you think!"

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:47 pm

Qn: Just supposing George Lucas decides to all the episodes with a new cast and he invites you to choose any character you would like to be, who would you choose, in which episode and why?

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:15 pm

Here's a quick round up of the questions so far...
Note that as the list grows, the sequence of questions in the eventual interview may vary, and the questions may need to be edited for better flow.

Which character was the most difficult to master and how long did it take you to perfect it? [GenXstealth]

Which character do you still find most challenging to perform? [Paul K]

What new projects do you have in the pipeline after One Man Star Wars Trilogy? [donleow]

Supposing George Lucas decides to remake all the episodes with a new cast and invites you to choose any character you would like to be... who would you choose, in which episode and why? [Nick]

And here's some good news for everyone... we will have not just one, but TWO WINNERS instead!

So, keep the questions coming, folks! :D

icemann

here's mine...

Post by icemann » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:35 pm

who;s hotter u think? princess leia in slave girl or ooola? :D
this boy is dangerous
i choose to be happy

renzaijh

Post by renzaijh » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:39 am

Question to Charles Ross:

"If you attempted a ONE MAN INDIANA JONES, which chapter from the movies (excluding Kingdom of The Crystal Skull) would pose the greatest challenge?"

yen

Post by yen » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:16 pm

Question:

Do you yawn when you do Chewbaca? I know my yawn sounds like that and I can't kick the habit. Thanks!

al13ns
Location: roaming around Fiorina 'Fury' 161 - lookin for inmates

Post by al13ns » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:01 pm

Q : Since i never watch OMSW, i wonder if u also do the sound effect by urself [for example : sound of the lightsaber, blaster sound etc]
ImageImageImage

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:06 am

Thanks for the participation. This contest is now closed.

Charles Ross will be selecting the winners, and we will let you know once the results are in :)

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:54 pm

StarWars.sg had the opportunity to conduct an email interview with Charles Ross prior to his upcoming debut performance in Singapore and Asia. We helped post your questions to Charles and here we have it – read his replies: :)

The Man and His Show
[GenXstealth] : Which character did you find most difficult to master and how long did you take to perfect it?
[Charles] : Yoda. I still have never mastered his impression. I just keep trying every time I perform it. Someday I’ll get it.

[Paul K] : Today, which character do you still find most challenging to perform in your shows?
[Charles] : It’s still Yoda. I’ve never been able to get the tone of his voice. I feel like there are people who can either impersonate Kermit the Frog or Miss Piggy. I’m a Kermit.

[yen] : Do you yawn when you perform Chewbacca? I know my yawn sounds like that and I can't kick the habit.
[Charles] : No. But I’ve definitely sounded like Chewie when I yawn.

[al13ns] : Do you create all the sound effects (lightsabers, blasters...etc) by yourself?
[Charles] : Yes. I use my voice amplified by a microphone.

[StarWars.sg] : When performing for different audiences, do you sometimes customize elements of the show, perhaps adding a dash of local flavour by using local accents or catchphrases?
[Charles] : Sometimes I mention the name of the place or comment on the weather. I avoid using accents, but I often use local sayings or words where I can fit them in.

[StarWars.sg] : Of the countless times you have performed OMSW, which was your most memorable performance?
[Charles] : That would be hard to say, I remember so many. Still, the first time I ever performed for a LucasFilm convention was pretty amazing. The people there knew the Trilogy so well, they laughed at my jokes, all of the jokes, even the most obscure. I never thought I’d get the chance to perform for a group like that.

The Man and His Projects
[donleow] : What new projects do you have in the pipeline after One Man Star Wars Trilogy?
[Charles] : Well, I’ve been trying to get permission to keep touring my One Man Lord of the Rings. Also, I’ve thought of Indy or maybe the Star Wars Prequels.

[renzaijh] : If you were to attempt a ONE MAN INDIANA JONES, which chapter from the movies (excluding Kingdom of The Crystal Skull) would pose the greatest challenge?
[Charles] : Every chapter would present challenges. I think one has to consider the themes present throughout the chapters and try to find the similarities. Those themes will be the links that would bind a show like mine together.

The Man and His Thoughts on Star Wars
[Nick] : Supposing George Lucas decides to remake all the episodes with a new cast and invites you to choose any character you would like to be... who would you choose, in which episode and why?
[Charles] : I would never want to replace anyone in the films. They are perfect as they are. But since I have to choose…hmmm…maybe the Emperor. I’d never be able to come close to his performance, but just the chance to try would be incredible and incredibly challenging.

[icemann] : Princess Leia as Jabba's slave in Return of the Jedi, or Oola... who do you think is hotter?
[Charles] : Do I have to choose? Though, it makes you wonder when would you have to choose between a green dancing girl and a girl in a gold bikini? It’d be a pretty happy conundrum.

[StarWars.sg] : Of all the episodes, which is your favourite Star Wars moment/scene?
[Charles] : From the moment that Anakin chooses to throw the Emperor down the shaft until he is unmasked by Luke, in Episode 6. It truly is the Return of the Jedi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We also asked Charles to pick the winners of our contest by identifying the 2 questions he found most interesting and enjoyed answering the most.

And the winners are...
yen! and renzaijh! Congratulations! :D
We'll get in touch with you on the prize collection details.

Return to “One Man Star Wars (OMSW)”