Casting Call for Groundbreaking Fanfilm

As requested by members... we present the section for Fan Films. Share your links to interesting fan films.

Moderator: dranoel

adeptushammer

Casting Call for Groundbreaking Fanfilm

Post by adeptushammer » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:02 am

Hi guys,

I'm a director from locally-based Quintessence Productions. We're filming a brand new Star Wars fanfilm, powered by a groundbreaking stylistic concept (which we can't reveal till release). But most assuredly, this fanfilm will very likely be the first of its kind in history.

Story Summary:
Set in the modern age, the film chronicles the endless torment of Nameless, a Force-Sensitive killer who struggles to recall his identity. Accepting a Sith Spirit's dark boons, he wishes "to know who he is." As discovery after discovery presents itself, the film reveals pieces of his past as a Sith Assassin. But he starts to realize he is trapped by duality - the more he discovers his past, the more he yearns to expunge the memories of his terrible deeds. As he wishes "to go back to the way things were," he unknowingly ends up where he started, a blank slate pining for self-discovery. He and his cycle of anguish and torment unwittingly fuel the Spirit - and ultimately the rebirth of the Sith.

Casting Call (2 parts):
(Part 1) We're casting a male lead (Age: 21 years old & above. Height: 1.7m & above) with physical talent - i.e. looks compellingly adept at wielding lightsabers. Training in Jedi Forms (Soresu, Dejem So, etc) are favored, though not required. No speaking parts required.

(Part 2) Very Essential: We are also looking for 5 Stormtroopers (height between of 1.70- 1.74m), to shoot an "arrest" scene where the protagonist resists confronting his past. No speaking parts required.

Finally, as ardent Star Wars fans, we would love to hear from all you talented screenwriters, videographers, animators and choreographers who are interested in working with us on this production. We need props (E11 blasters), dueling sabers (non-ForceFX, actual improvised stunt sabers) and Jedi/Sith Robes. But most of all, we need people who are extremely passionate and enthusiastic about making Star Wars history:)

For more info, casting inquires, contact Clovis at:
adeptushammer@gmail.com

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:10 pm

sent u a mail.

cheers.
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

DAVID GUIVANT

Post by DAVID GUIVANT » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:38 pm

Good luck with the production, where is it going to be shot? Which area of Singapore? Indoor or outdoor?
CAPTAIN FUTURE: COMING SOON !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlJQnL4Bulk

mosske

Post by mosske » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:49 am

Have you got any stormtroopers yet? If not, I'll check with the men again.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

adeptushammer

Post by adeptushammer » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:39 am

hey mosske so far we couldn't get them due to their involvement in the St Patrick's Day thing.
It'll be great to check with the men again thanks

TD7620

Post by TD7620 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:06 pm

I have voulenteered, but a sandtrooper all alone seems odd. Anyone else care to join me? :wink:

Hello_Ediot

Post by Hello_Ediot » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:09 pm

This would be different if I can get more info
Then I'll join if I can make it
TK3062 <SLEAZE>
XO Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

TD7620

Re: Casting Call for Groundbreaking Fanfilm

Post by TD7620 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:08 pm

adeptushammer wrote:For more info, casting inquires, contact Clovis at:
adeptushammer@gmail.com
Email this guy and get more info :wink:

mosske

Post by mosske » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:00 pm

Anymore stormtroopers interested to be a part of this? Sounds like fun but just let the crew know what you can do and what you can't do in armor. Safety first, troopers!
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

adeptushammer

Post by adeptushammer » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:06 am

Hello_Ediot wrote:This would be different if I can get more info
Then I'll join if I can make it
We're shooting a very straightforward scene in which an elite Crisis Response squad of stormtroopers ambush the protagonist in the story's Act 2 climax.

Scene breakdown: 1) Setup of tactical ambush. 2) Ambush on protagonist as troopers lay down a barrage of E-11 fire. 3) Protagonist madly makes a break through the blaster fire to reach the story's ultimate conclusion.

Let me know if you're interested. Drop me a mail at adeptushammer@gmail.com and we could send you either the screenplay or shooting script.

Cheers,
Chong

adeptushammer

Post by adeptushammer » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:08 am

The scene is basically an outdoor, CG-driven ambush/shootout with a saber wielder. As for safety concerns, this scene requires no stunts, running, or falling for the troopers. From our prior discussions with some of you guys we fully understand the armor's limitations. :)

Cheers

mosske

Post by mosske » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi Clovus, I'm putting a group of troopers together for you...and it seems we might have more than 5! I'm talking closer to 10 troopers. You think you can work with that many? ;)

Its hard getting a date that all of them can make it, but we are all free next Sat(26th March) afternoon bcos we happen to have a gathering in the evening on that day. Do you think you can arrange the shoot for then?
We'll also need to know the location.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

mosske

Post by mosske » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:44 am

We will need to have a reply by tomorrow or we'll have to pull out!
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

adeptushammer

Post by adeptushammer » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:23 pm

Hey mosske,

Sent you a pm

DAVID GUIVANT

Post by DAVID GUIVANT » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Good luck with the project !! :P
CAPTAIN FUTURE: COMING SOON !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlJQnL4Bulk

Return to “Fan Films”