Making our own fanfilm

As requested by members... we present the section for Fan Films. Share your links to interesting fan films.

Moderator: dranoel

GrayJedi88

Making our own fanfilm

Post by GrayJedi88 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:25 pm

Hey everyone, i have been dreaming for some time and i was wondering if there are ppl just like me. i have always wanted to do my own film, specifically star wars fan film. this is also because i have noticed that there are plenty of fanfilms out there but so few of them are local.

i attempted to do my own film once but we have not been able to do much do to lack of man power. the main problem is props, camera crew and time. we have sec sch students, poly students, ite students, uni students... so its pretty tough to get anything done.

so i am now opening up to everyone who might be interested in acting, camera or special effects work. preferences are poly students and above. as sec sch students, no offense, have more restricted schedules so its harder to organize meetings.

if possible, i hope that someone who has some background in props making, namely lightsabers would decide to join our group. pls PM me if you express any interest in being a part of the group.

mosske

Post by mosske » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:40 am

You could check with assjedi. He's part of a group called SEJA that do amazing lightsaber fights but these guys are also really talented script writers, videographers, editors, you-name-it. Also, you could have a look at www.moviemania.com.sg - its a movie fan site owned by one of our members here and also a 501st Legion member. He's done a short scifi fan-film trailer which you can watch on the main landing page. It was really fun working on this eventhough it was in a wet forest filming in the drizzle. Also, as you know the 501st Legion lives within this forum. So get a good idea together and you shouldn't find much difficulty tapping expertise, talent and costumers here. Besides we all love Star Wars here. Hope this helps. :)
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:44 am

Heya!

We're actually in the midst of doing a fanfilm called "Prelude to Darkness".

It is however not my personal project but the guys and I from SEJA, we choreograph the fight scenes.

You can check out the developments viewtopic.php?t=1636
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

GrayJedi88

Post by GrayJedi88 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:17 pm

To mosske: That was helpful. Now i know that there are more ppl involved in fanfilming than i expected.

Heh, keep up the good work assjedi! the whole fanfilm looks pretty promising so i am going to track of it. Then again, i almost keep track of all fanfilms that look good.

Looking forward to possibly working with all of ya.

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:20 pm

sure hope so GrayJedi88!
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."

mosske

Post by mosske » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:48 pm

GrayJedi88 wrote:Looking forward to possibly working with all of ya.
Sure Gray, look forward to it.
TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

GrayJedi88

Post by GrayJedi88 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:24 pm

say, what do u all think if i decide to put up whatever scripts that i have for viewing?

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:50 am

that'd be good. do up a separate thread for it.

Return to “Fan Films”