Returning military Dad throws surprise ‘Star Wars’ party

Information & Events of the Bad Guys who do Good

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

GetzJedi

Returning military Dad throws surprise ‘Star Wars’ party

Post by GetzJedi » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:13 pm

U.S. Air Force Col. Rob Kiebler had been in Afghanistan for 14 months, serving a tour of duty and performing training exercises. The Portland, Oregon, native was not scheduled to come home to visit his wife and young son, Danny, until the end of the summer.

But Kiebler was able to schedule an early return and decided to make the surprise for his son a little more special by arranging for his "two favorite forces to coexist for one special event."

Like many kids his age, Danny's favorite thing in the world is Star Wars. So Kiebler arranged for some friends to dress in costume as characters from the two film trilogies, including Princess Leia, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, an Imperial officer and a pair of stormtroopers.

And thus begins what Kiebler calls, "Episode VII: A Big Surprise"

While Danny is celebrating his birthday at a local Portland restaurant, the Star Wars entourage enters. The Imperial officer informs Danny that, "We have a new Jedi that wants to introduce himself to you. Would you like to meet him?"

The robed figure then enters and removes his hood, revealing himself to be Danny's father.

"I was missing him for a long time," Danny says as the pair sat down together. And when noting that his Dad wasn't supposed to be back until the end of summer, Danny declares, "That would have been too long."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDJ_qFhFjJo

Article extracted from Yahoo! News

A well-deserved pat on the back for the members of the Cloud City Garrison of the 501st Legion for a successful and meaningful mission.
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

belugas17

Re: Returning military Dad throws surprise ‘Star Wars’ party

Post by belugas17 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:02 pm

Super Duper "LIKE" :)
Alfred Lim "FLYBOY"
501st Legion
Singapore Garrison
TI/TK/BH/IG/TB/TR 7535

WIP: TD & ATAT Driver

assjedi

Re: Returning military Dad throws surprise ‘Star Wars’ party

Post by assjedi » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:55 am

most awesome
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

Return to “The 501st Legion”