TR - 5973 Singapore Trip (hopefully)

Information & Events of the Bad Guys who do Good

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

Cybermew3

TR - 5973 Singapore Trip (hopefully)

Post by Cybermew3 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:47 am

Hi all!

MY name's Dylan and I'm a member of the Southern Cross Garrison in Sydney, Australia with my ROTJ Royal Guard. I'm planning a trip to Singapore to visit some local friends and thought that maybe one day on the trip I could possibly meet up with some or all of you and say hi!

So far tentative dates planned are for August Friday (fly in early) 17th - Saturday (fly out late at night) 26th.

As I said I know quite a few SG born locals, from my days playing World of Warcraft with an SG based guild called Exigence. Although I don't play anymore, I have had the great opportunity to meet a number of them as they traveled to Sydney over the last 6 years and show them around, now it's time for me to repay the favour and see them in their home country :) As an extension to meeting my old gaming friends, and because of my connection with SG, it would be great to form a relationship with my 501st brothers and sisters there!

I will keep you all updated over the coming months with any trip happenings as they occur. I really hope I get to come over and see your awesome city.

Dylan Saunders: TR - 5973
Southern Cross Garrison - Sydney, Australia

TD7620

Re: TR - 5973 Singapore Trip (hopefully)

Post by TD7620 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:39 pm

Hi Dylan!

It would be great to meet up with you when you're here! Really sounds like a good opportunity to throw a 501st party/get-together :D

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Thu May 03, 2012 11:13 pm

Welcome to our forum and to Singapore :-)
If, perchance, your trip may slide back a week, you could pop by the Singapore Toy, Game and Comic Convention too.
http://www.singaporetgcc.com/
Administrator. Starwars.sg
IC/IS 3081. 501st Legion (Singapore Garrison)

Cybermew3

Post by Cybermew3 » Fri May 04, 2012 9:40 am

Thanks for hello guys :)

The con looks good! sadly I can;t push it back. I have a managers conference on over that weekend, and after the conference go into a 'no leave' period until end December (work rules sadly). Thanks for the heads up! it would have been great to pop by and see all the cool stuff you've got going on.

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Sat May 05, 2012 10:18 pm

Looking forward to your visit ;)

Cybermew3

Post by Cybermew3 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:35 pm

Hi All!!

Small update! IF I travel the date has been pushed back :) It's good news because I plan on making the convention one of you posted up!!! Really excitde :) Hopefully the passport hurries so I can book already! Will probably stay at the Ibis on Bencoleen, I've been told it's convenient, and that's all I need :)

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:31 pm

That's wonderful. Hope to see you at STGCC! :)
Administrator. Starwars.sg
IC/IS 3081. 501st Legion (Singapore Garrison)

jedi7

Post by jedi7 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:13 pm

WooHoo!!! See you at Marina Bay Sands for the convention!!
A jedi's ally is the FORce, his strength flows from IT.

Cybermew3

Post by Cybermew3 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:49 am

Ok guys here's the update :)

All Accommodation and flights have been booked for Singapore!!!!! yay :) I've also purchased a STGCC VIP ticket (only because they were going so cheap...).

I'm heading out a good 7 days later so I;ve got a good amount of time in your country :D I'm then off to Japan, because Sydney -> Singapore -> Osaka and Tokyo -> Sydney flights literally went on sale today (waiting helps). Tickets $1100 down from $1700.... I couldn't pass that up!

I'll see you all at the convention :) Really looking forward to it.

jedi7

Post by jedi7 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:15 am

Roger dodger Roger! Will you be trooping with us?!
A jedi's ally is the FORce, his strength flows from IT.

assjedi

Post by assjedi » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:19 am

Cybermew3 wrote:Ok guys here's the update :)

All Accommodation and flights have been booked for Singapore!!!!! yay :) I've also purchased a STGCC VIP ticket (only because they were going so cheap...).

I'm heading out a good 7 days later so I;ve got a good amount of time in your country :D I'm then off to Japan, because Sydney -> Singapore -> Osaka and Tokyo -> Sydney flights literally went on sale today (waiting helps). Tickets $1100 down from $1700.... I couldn't pass that up!

I'll see you all at the convention :) Really looking forward to it.
Cool! then you can catch the local lightsaber performance group in action!

www.fightsaber.com
:D
"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
"I'm not a Jedi. I'm just a man with a lightsaber... and a few questions.."
http://www.fightsaber.com/

Cybermew3

Post by Cybermew3 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:08 pm

Sounds cool! Will have to get some good movies of the saber fight :D

I won't be trooping I'm afraid. I looked at getting my kit over, however now that I'm not just returning home, but having an onward journey to japan, I don't think there is any cost effective way to get my kit over. Also being in a new country, and at a convention of all things! I'm sure there will be quite a bit to see meaning less time for trooping :(

I will be wearing my 501st Southern Cross Garrison shirt though, and bringing my camera for awesome photos with all of you :D

I'm staying at the Ibis on Bencoolen, so I'm not too far away if there is anything happening the nights in between the convention as well, like a dinner etc...

domz

Post by domz » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:34 pm

Hey man, how's thing with you? Flying over here soon? Let us know before you catch the flight to Singapore. Ibis Bencoolen isn't too far from my workplace so we could catch up - also, I'll be on work attachment in Sydney during the month of October.

Cheers!
TR 7248
Legion Events Co-ordinator

Cybermew3

Post by Cybermew3 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:45 pm

domz wrote:Hey man, how's thing with you? Flying over here soon? Let us know before you catch the flight to Singapore. Ibis Bencoolen isn't too far from my workplace so we could catch up - also, I'll be on work attachment in Sydney during the month of October.

Cheers!
Sweet :)

Getting excited. Just packing now after trooping this weekend at a local con :D It's going to be fun!

thejedisentinel

Post by thejedisentinel » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:38 am

Hi Dylan,

It was great to meet you and chat during the recent STGCC! We hope you will continue to have an enjoyable time in Singapore (and a fantastic holiday in Japan). Give a shout out to our fellows in the Sydney 501st - we would always be chuffed to have them pop by and join us in our activities, or even just for a friendly meal if they're on a holiday like you!

Oh yeah. This is Bastila. LOL

Return to “The 501st Legion”