501st Legion Asia Celebration in Taiwan

Information & Events of the Bad Guys who do Good

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

erase

Post by erase » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:19 pm

That is provided wherever we stay does have internet connection.... :roll:
Paul K wrote:Hopefully, between the 7 of us, we'll bring a laptop and be able to update with pictures and text on a daily basis.
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:25 pm

Very true.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

erase

Post by erase » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:33 pm

If we are in Singapore, we can always ride on the free wi-fi...Taipei I'm not sure thou... :roll:
Paul K wrote:Very true.
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

Albert Leong

Post by Albert Leong » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:03 am

Hi Paul,

When can we have the " armour party " at your place ? :lol:

TD 6325

Post by TD 6325 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:15 pm

Hey guys,

Typical SW fanatic moment...

Just hit me while looking over the Taipei Con Singapore armored troopers and with the exception of Darth Vader and Boba Fett, everone else is in white armor.

Only other time that happened in the movies was at Cloud City in ESB. Sure Vader's Helm was different, Stormtrooper helms had a different colored frown, no Scouts were seen and Fett was wearing a different suit variant :P BUT it's close enough right??? Black, White and Base Green/Multi-colored. [I need my meds...]

Enjoy...I know I did...

Stay safe,

Tim.
BH6325, The Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter
"He's No Good To Me Dead."

Haldir

Post by Haldir » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:04 pm

Can I ask you all a favor? :D

Can bring along Master Yoda for the trip and have his photo taken with the scene or yourself whenever you are free? :P

Master Yoda of the Yoda World Tour is now in Singapore and I am trying to stretch his visit till mid-Oct, visiting as many places as possible and have his photo taken there (best few will be put into the Journal that travel with him) before sending him off to New Zealand and the FanForce Group there.

Thanks! :)

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:42 pm

Here is the official logo of the event.

Event posters

The Singapore Garrison will have 9 members representing our country. We'll be the largest contingent amongst all the Asian countries. They are:

Reno Tan (Darth Vader)
Timothy Tan (Boba Fett)
Keith Moss (Stormtrooper)
TR7274 (Minder/Photographer)
Don Tan (Stormtrooper)
Ivan Chee (Sandtrooper)
Aw Wee (Sandtrooper)
Jian Ping (Biker Scout)
Paul Khoo (Biker Scout)
Last edited by Paul K on Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

TD 6325

Post by TD 6325 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:19 pm

This is just me but my name is spelled Timothy....thanks everyone. ;)

Stay safe,

Tim.
BH6325, The Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter
"He's No Good To Me Dead."

dranoel
Site Admin

Post by dranoel » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:59 pm

As I read the reports of Typhoon Krosa, I hope everyone in Taiwan is doing fine. Have a successful series of event and I wish everyone a safe journey home.

Albert Leong

Post by Albert Leong » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:36 pm

Hi Guys,

Star Wars 30th & 501st 10th Anniversary in Taiwan (5/10/07 - 8/10/07 )

http://chinese-starwars.com/chineseforu ... 621cf30390

mosske

Post by mosske » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:56 am

Ok people....here are the pics! :)

ARRIVAL AT THE AIRPORT AT TAIWAN

TROOPING DAY 1

TK4546 <BOSS>
501st Legion

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:27 pm

Keith, thanks for uploading and posting our Taiwan trooping pictures in record time. Looks excellent. 8)

I've sent you a PM regarding this. Talk to you later. :)
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870
Outpost Founding Member and CO Emeritus

Roy Starkiller

More then words with a simply big THANK YOU !

Post by Roy Starkiller » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:06 pm

By the phone call confirmation at 16:36pm to the home airport arrival of the elite troopers from Japan Garrison, mark the sucess finish to the events of Star Wars 30th and 501st 10th Asian 501st joint trooping event. Minutes after I hang up my cell phone chat of Maki whom just arrived at Japan Narita Airport, I couldn't help myself by relese all my emotion that kept holding in my heart for the past 5 days and broke to tears.

Named elite troopers from Malaysia-Brunei Outpost, Philippine Outpost, Singapore Garrison, Japan Garrison and of course our own Taiwan Outpost overcome the direct hitting of the one of the four recorded biggest hurricane in the past 100 years - "Typhoon Korosa". During the early morning of 10/6, every and each bravly troopers transfer the heavy armor under "devil" wind and rainstorm from doorstep of hotel to coach that park short distance away. The whole transfer of armor done once again when one of the coach emergency exit roof top blow away by strong wind and swiftly ordered of a new coach.

Asian 501st troopers were all cheer up disregard the whole coach were actually shaking on freeway to mission site of shopping mall and members of Taiwan Outpost drove bravly by private vehicle on freeway under hurricane...

Though with much persuade words from myself and Garry of event host company, the shopping mall decided to open and go-on for event at the very last minute but the whole mission run-down of 10/6 was serious affected. However...all of our mighty elite troopers adopted to all of the sudden changed to schedule and perform flawlessly to the relatively few visitors at shopping Mall until the unstable of electricity and flood at basement to the whole shopping mall, the mall was forced to close businesss at 17:30.

To the next day event of 10/7, the hurricane was leaving Taiwan and the original schedule of that day remain the same. The full parking of shopping mall mark the giant amount of mall visitors. Spirit of all elite troopers were even higher since then. Everything seems smooth but at the very last minute...we were informed to perform all 2 days event mission in that very 1 day of 10/7. Again...all of our mighty elite troopers adopted the sudden changed of event and did proud of our world-wide legion in front of the flow to 2,000+ local mall visitors!

More then words with a simply big THANK YOU to all of the named attended elite Asian 501st troopers and especially to COs of Peter, Manny, Paul and Yasu!

I could not go on with tears again now and please kindly wait for the upcomming detailed mission reports that already drafted up by lovly PR of this event - Regina from Philippine Outpost.

THANK YOU! SALUTE!

Roy Waung
CO XO GML GPR GWL 501st Taiwan Formosa Outpost
Last edited by Roy Starkiller on Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

donleow

Post by donleow » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:10 pm

brother roy u r too modest...and biggest credit owe to u to give the opportunity for the troopers to troop oversea....i will love to troop with u if opportunities come.
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

Roy Starkiller

Post by Roy Starkiller » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:21 pm

Dear Bro. Don,

You are with us all the way!

From the very start of you as XO accompany with all your representaives' leaving at airport of Singapore to the kind phone call to me after the event!

Not to mention whats inside in my heart of you at every single moment I saw mighty troopers of your Garrison under the leadership of Paul at mission site.

We will join again for sure! Brother!

Return to “The 501st Legion”