Meeting up with 501st Japan Garrison

Information & Events of the Bad Guys who do Good

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

donleow

Meeting up with 501st Japan Garrison

Post by donleow » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:17 am

Report from 11th February _ tokyo_Japan

Touch down at the Narita Airport after 7hrs flight from Singapore . Was assigned to come to Japan for a company project deployment and was able to meet up with CO and XO of Japan Garrison - Yasu-san and Maki-san and I am so grateful they are able to make it to meet us within short notice due to my schedule and the saga began for lilian and me.

Touching down at Narita Airport - weather was good and cool.

Got the opportunity to stay in good hotel - Hyatt Century Tokyo. Recommend anyone who wants to please their wives or galfriends when travelling to japan. ( Lilian is very pleased as i know - :lol: )

Looking out of window at 16th floor at metropolitan Tokyo...

we have a good time at a Jap Restaurant that Yasu-san and Maki-san recommended situated at 50th floor building. Troopers available for that evening. However our camera did not cope well with evening shots.

On behalf of 501st singapore, CO and GPR, i have presented some gifts to those available and here are the following appointment holders and troopers

Yasu-san ( Commanding Officer for Japanese Garrison- 501st)

501st profile
http://www.501st.com/members/displaymem ... userID=688

Makiko-san ( Executive Officer / Liason Officer)

501st profile
http://www.501st.com/members/displaymem ... serID=2447

Yoshi-san "Sirtan"( Garrison PR officer)( also key webmaster for famous japanstarwars.com

501st profile
http://www.501st.com/members/displaymem ... serID=4931

Akihiro-san "fukuzoo!"( he handles most of the designs of the merchandise for 501st Japan and a famous label bathing ape apparel designer)

501st profile
http://www.501st.com/members/displaymem ... ostumeid=1

Toshio-san ( he is a professional engineer for Suzuki Bike Racing team, also a professional prop maker)

501st profile
http://www.501st.com/members/displaymem ... ostumeid=2

And for this meetup Lilian and i were also presented gifts as token of friendship by the Japanese Garrison team

Limited edition-4000 piece Japanese 501st troopers

More details about this figure
http://www.japanstarwars.com/figure/bas ... n2006.html

As mentioned, i accepted this particular precious gift for the entire 501st singapore from Yasu and Makiko-san and we should include in our future 501st website as hall of fame gifts section when we interact with other country 501st.

Last but not least, is definitely a rare opportunity to meet up with Japanese Garrison team lead by Yasu-san and Makiko-san and Lilian and I have extend my invitation to the team to come to singapore and Lilian and I will personally host them
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

erase

Post by erase » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:53 pm

Good Job XO... Make us proud...

Hope to check out if there are any trooping opportunity when you are there.... :)
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

Darsha Assant

Post by Darsha Assant » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:36 pm

Wow japan looks great! Especially the food hehe... The hotel room looks nice too. People that have been to tokyo complain to me that the rooms are small and cramped but maybe it's because they got a lousy one. :P

Awwee

Post by Awwee » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:50 pm

Reminds me of last year.. hee hee :twisted:

Mannn... I MISS TOKYO!!!!
MEPD Police Officer
DS-809 Vampire 4 Omegawing
TI/TK/TD-9809 501st Singapore Garrison
Time the Dirty Boyz play....

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:28 pm

hai.....would love to go to Hokkaido some day....man...the food, the places....the babes....
"In my books; Experience outranks everything"

donleow

Post by donleow » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:45 pm

More pictures compliment from Maki-san (Japnese Garrison XO/Liason officer)

TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:48 pm

501st-related activity.

** Thread moved **
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

donleow

Post by donleow » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:13 am

Hey all troopers and singapore fans

these is the second part of the gathering we have with Yasu-san and Miko-san from 501st Japanese Garrison and have got the opportunity to meetup with the rest the troopers and is definitely an honor to be with them

TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:16 am

This looks like a ture meeting of friends, Man, It makes me so...I dono...er...I feel like a speck of dirt compared to you. :lol: These events are so awesum. Well, keep on posting pics of good times! Ver Nod.

donleow

Post by donleow » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:27 am

no troopers are dirt to me, and i believe u will do the same and even better than me :wink: despite i m on a busy japan business trip i will take the will to meet up with the fellow troopers and i encourage all of u to do and to create that international liason between each country 501st and Japanese Garrison has been a wonderful host and i felt like at home despite i am missing my chinese new year holiday, i felt i m spending time with them like with my family

take care and wish all fans and troopers a happy chinese new year ahead

thks
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

Arc_Trooper71

Post by Arc_Trooper71 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:22 am

Thanks Don. That means alot man. Sorry you miss your family, but atleast you have good treatment, better then what i had when i went to mexico for vacation. :lol: The Water didnt work, the TV didnt work either, and no bathroom or shower was useable, on top of that, it was the biggest rat infested scumhole ever, and they charged $500.00 a night! It was the only place left in town though, can you belive that?!

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:23 am

Great Pics Don. You guys are so lucky! The furthest I've gone on official business trip is Singapore...ha ha ha!!!

BTW just curious...how did you guys established first contact with the Japanese Garrison? Do you send them emails or messages in Japanese? Or does the younger generation of Japanese nowadays all have prettey decent command of the English language?

chakster

Post by chakster » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:02 pm

The Cantina is Awesome!!! :) Was that a bronze yoda? Looked like a good time bro. :) Great to have you guys there REPRESENTIN. :D
TB/TK 7576 Callsign "Chakles"

donleow

Post by donleow » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:16 pm

Plo Strax-Avix wrote:Great Pics Don. You guys are so lucky! The furthest I've gone on official business trip is Singapore...ha ha ha!!!

BTW just curious...how did you guys established first contact with the Japanese Garrison? Do you send them emails or messages in Japanese? Or does the younger generation of Japanese nowadays all have prettey decent command of the English language?
communication is not a problem if there is will. Just have to understand kanji and usually basic english is fine...however is advicable to at least learn simple japanese language to communicate. As for contact, we already knew some members for sometimes so there is no special communications on that.
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

Awwee

Post by Awwee » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:01 pm

chakster wrote:The Cantina is Awesome!!! :) Was that a bronze yoda? Looked like a good time bro. :) Great to have you guys there REPRESENTIN. :D
That will be Goro san's work.. hee hee.. he is one cool guy.. remember my friend that got the happening Com. Gree? That's him!
:twisted:
MEPD Police Officer
DS-809 Vampire 4 Omegawing
TI/TK/TD-9809 501st Singapore Garrison
Time the Dirty Boyz play....

Return to “The 501st Legion”