New Outpost Leader Elected!

Information & Events of the Bad Guys who do Good

Moderators: Paul K, GetzJedi

GetzJedi

New Outpost Leader Elected!

Post by GetzJedi » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:52 pm

The Singapore Outpost of the 501st Legion conducted its first elections today, according to charter requirements, and I am pleased to announce that TB 6691 Paul Khoo has been elected as the new Outpost Leader for 2007. We look forward to seeing our outpost achieving more under Paul's leadership.

A big thank you to all members who made time for today's milestone activity.
Last edited by GetzJedi on Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

mandalorianBleahhh

Re: New Outpost Leader Elected!

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:50 pm

TRIBUTE TO Ex-CO, DESMOND SOH TI 5850
I think i want to say my part, since i didnt get a chance to do it coz i could not come up with a speech proper *ahem*

Desmond Soh has done a wonderful job as CO of 501st SG. If we go by mere statistics, we had single digit counts for events and members before his reign. Of course, putting smiles on the faces of countless children and the needs of all the needy in all the charity runs.
When he gracefully stepped down today, the numbers have doubled (a few times) and we are now on papers and also street talk!

I dont think many of us (I for sure cannot) can put such dedication and effort, to drive our legion status the way Desmond did. And all i can say is, it takes more then just passion, blood sweat and tears (and money :roll: )

Lets all give our ex-CO, Desmond Soh, a salute for all his contributions to the legion, while we welcome our new CO, Paul Khoo (eh...same surname...dun let me down...), for many better years to come!

Cheers!

Memory Lane:

AOSW @ SSC

Legion Shoot @ Sentosa

SW Birthday party

Recognise the booot??

To end it all, I Quote:
"We are the bad people who do good"
-Desmond Soh TI 5850, Straits times STOMP interview.
"In my books; Experience outranks everything"

erase

Post by erase » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:34 am

mandalorianBleahhh wrote:[ while we welcome our new CO, Paul Khoo (eh...same surname...dun let me down...), for many better years to come
Paul, had just taken over the office....WHAT makes you think he will let you down???!!! He hasn't even done anything yet! Come on mandalorianBleahhh... :roll:
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:15 am

erase wrote:
mandalorianBleahhh wrote:[ while we welcome our new CO, Paul Khoo (eh...same surname...dun let me down...), for many better years to come
Paul, had just taken over the office....WHAT makes you think he will let you down???!!! He hasn't even done anything yet! Come on mandalorianBleahhh... :roll:

hey, loosen up.....it was meant to be a joke....

(oh..i think forgot a smilie in there.zzzz)

Plo Strax-Avix

Post by Plo Strax-Avix » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:44 am

Hey congrats Paul! Now you're one step closer to world domination! Wah ha ha ha ha ha!!!! :lol:

(eh...our name sound alike...so dun let me down ah!...) :P

Post by 9 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:14 pm

congrats~

redwitch

Post by redwitch » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:21 pm

mandalorianBleahhh wrote:TRIBUTE TO Ex-CO, DESMOND SOH TI 5850
I dont think many of us (I for sure cannot) can put such dedication and effort, to drive our legion status the way Desmond did. And all i can say is, it takes more then just passion, blood sweat and tears (and money :roll: )

Lets all give our ex-CO, Desmond Soh, a salute for all his contributions to the legion, while we welcome our new CO, Paul Khoo (eh...same surname...dun let me down...), for many better years to come!
From a humble but well-meaning place as minder and friend of the 501st, I could not agree more. Thank you, Desmond. Your inspiration and drive has been an inspiration to me.
i purr, therefore i am.

donleow

Post by donleow » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:31 pm

thks too to desmond for ur past contribution which has been a meaningful year for 2006 with so many members come on board, as for Paul, a big big welcome as new CO to the legion and look forward to more exciting events and collobration for 2007.

Redwitch, thks for lending your office for the election and on behalf of 501st singapore team we salute u that without ur venue, this election will not be make successful

cheers
TS 3132 ( curlyhair)
Singapore Garrison

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:52 pm

oh ya...redwitch's 'hallway of Bespin'!

now u can tell people where the 1st 501st legion elections took place!

Paul K
Site Admin

Post by Paul K » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:41 pm

Yeah, a big Thanks goes out to Des for helming the 501st. I got a big pair of boots to fill.

Thanks for the congrats note folks. Here to serve.
Paul Khoo

Site Administrator

lordtyranno

Post by lordtyranno » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:13 pm

I never doubted Desmond's hard work in making events happen and promoting the 501st.

That is really complimentary and not easy shoes to fill.

He has been a avid costumer, a friend who inspires loyalty from friends like Mandolarian Bleahh...who has done a wonderful job to pay tribute to Desmond. Nice photos.

Its great to see friends stand up for each other. I respect "Loyalty and Honor."

Desmond, thanks for making the 501st larger and on the map! You have really made a difference....Keep it going!

I liked yr nice gesture to Tim on Sat and I admire you for that!

Wish u well this New Year and may you achieve your dreams..

Hope to troop with you again for future SW events.

BTW, Congrats Paul!!!!

I will do my best to help you as an ordinary member.

Commander_Salji

Post by Commander_Salji » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:55 pm

Here is what I've posted in the restricted access 501st Legion Council boards :

Congratulations to Paul Khoo - TB 6691 on being elected as the new Outpost Leader of the 501st Singapore Outpost

and THANKS to Desmond Soh-TI 5850 who has worked hard to build up the Singapore Outpost to near Garrison level of 20 members

Paul K wrote:Yeah, a big Thanks goes out to Des for helming the 501st. I got a big pair of boots to fill.

Yes BIG Imperial boots to fill indeed, TB 6691. I shall look forward to liaise with you as our respective (and other Asian based 501st Garrisons / Outposts) TIGHTENS the Galactic Empire's GRIP in the whole of Asia. :twisted:
TR/DZ/TK/TS 2870
Outpost Founding Member and CO Emeritus

erase

Post by erase » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:56 am

The SITH OverLORD wrote:Here is what I've posted in the restricted access 501st Legion Council boards :

Congratulations to Paul Khoo - TB 6691 on being elected as the new Outpost Leader of the 501st Singapore Outpost

and THANKS to Desmond Soh-TI 5850 who has worked hard to build up the Singapore Outpost to near Garrison level of 20 members

Paul K wrote:Yeah, a big Thanks goes out to Des for helming the 501st. I got a big pair of boots to fill.

Yes BIG Imperial boots to fill indeed, TB 6691. I shall look forward to liaise with you as our respective (and other Asian based 501st Garrisons / Outposts) TIGHTENS the Galactic Empire's GRIP in the whole of Asia. :twisted:
Well said.. SITH OverLORD. :)
TD/SL-5125 501st SIN Garrison
MEPD Deployed/327th Star Corps
Let me see your identification...

mandalorianBleahhh

Post by mandalorianBleahhh » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:38 am

Now that the Legion celebrates it previous achievements and with issues finally come to a close, lets work hard and move the legion forward and expand that red dot on the map!

Like wad sith overlord said, To tighten our Empire's grip in the whole of Asia~!

I cant wait!!

GetzJedi

Post by GetzJedi » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:46 am

New appointment holders updated... Congratulations, Guys! :)

http://www.501st.com/members//dsp_garri ... risonId=42

viewtopic.php?p=12775#12775
Desmond 'Vampire 2' Soh
TI/ID/TX 5850
JRS Cadet Mentor
Singapore Garrison
501st Legion

Return to “The 501st Legion”